PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 6:2 Leeds United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 20 December 2020

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Annoyed the hell out of me, we were dominating them in every way. Near the end do we get at least some credit. All we got from Neville was how frustrating and inconsistent we are, despite being on a seven match unbeaten run.
Completely agree! Pay us some credit, we’re the form side in the Prem after being way in the bottom half, fair play to ole and the team.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It sounds crazy considering the scoreline but our finishing was still rusty, especially Martial.

We could have got 12+ goals easily.

Either way.......It feels great watching United play again :smirk:
And he and Rashy didn’t score

MrBest

Great 3 points, great entertaining game. There was always going to be space and the results and the stats reflect that. We need to learn how to defend though, silly goals and chances are being made by mistakes and bad positioning. I'm also left spewing (happily) how many chances we missed. 2 great ones from Martial and another 3 or 4. We realistically should have scored 10 but equally could have conceded 5. Hopefully Ole is working on defending, Leicester will be a real tough game away. Apparently we have 6 wins from 7, can we win the next 4 before we play Liverpool? If we do, i think we have a real chance of cementing top 4, which is our priority. We should not even be thinking of the title right now, we are too immature defending. If we get a CB in Jan, the impossible may look possible.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Completely agree! Pay us some credit, we’re the form side in the Prem after being way in the bottom half, fair play to ole and the team.
We're not going to win the league, but I can totally see us being in the top 4 by the end of the season, it's starting to click. I get the feeling we're slow starters under Ole.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm disappointed we only scored 6 goals. Lucky we only conceded 2.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Really, you are honestly going to sit here and tell me that de Gea should have saved that shot from Dallas? Now i understand why de Gea gets so much critique on here.. peoples expectations are completely ridiculous. Get a grip.
Dallas’ goal was mint! No one’s saving that. Bent it right into the top bin

The Mitcher

Really, you are honestly going to sit here and tell me that de Gea should have saved that shot from Dallas? Now i understand why de Gea gets so much critique on here.. peoples expectations are completely ridiculous. Get a grip.
That goal would never have happened if he hadn't basically passed it to one of the Leeds players with his crap kicking.

OrcaFat

It's 6-2 and the match is finished, but you can't count Bielsa's Leeds out just yet, they still might make it 6-6!
They were great I thought. We were better, thankfully, but they have good fitness, movement and technique.

GenZRed

What a game man.

Credit to Leeds for the way they played.

Our forward play was brilliant. Dealt with corners well compared to how we normally do.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Mental game. Must be terrifying being a Leeds defender with the amount of times opponents get a free run at you.

I thought Ole got the team selection spot on with what we know about Leeds. People might be critical of someone like James but with all the games this season this is exactly the sort of game he should play in. We should have scored a handful more but they had a few great chances of their own too. McTominay was great today.
I would have liked to see James and Martial come off around the hour mark, as they looked knackered. I think Ole wanted to see if they could get more goals/assists to boost their confidence though. Plus being able to rest Fernandes is always good.

We weren't great at clearing it today, especially with our heads, but we didn't get punished, luckily. Too often our players head it into the air instead of up the pitch.

Great entertainment.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Made up for Scott, absolutely first class, particularly in being so sharp out of the blocks and hope his injury isn't too bad. Pleased for Dan James as well, decent performance, lovely first touch for the goal and a nice finish too.

Definitely as ever the level dropped significantly when Bruno went off but that's nothing new, he's amazing. De Gea also had a good game despite conceding 2, that ping down the line to Martial near the end and the save from Raphinha were particular highlights.

We still can't defend crosses but overall the defence did fine. Fred was a mixed bag but great effort as ever and nearly got a goal too.

Martial the only big disappointment really, couldn't finish in Scarlett Johansson at the moment. Still got his assists though and hopefully he can take the positives from the game and build himself back up.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Fantastic day. Men's team score 6, Ladies also score 6. Men are third, Ladies are top. Happy days.

dogwithabone

I see a clear identity in style emerging under Ole, probably for the first time since the Fergie days.

The Mitcher

They were great I thought. We were better, thankfully, but they have good fitness, movement and technique.
They only scored because of our incompetent defence, they were pretty bad I thought. Because it's Bielsa and Leeds, they seem to get a pass for being indisciplined and generally woeful in defence and midfield. We completely dominated this side that supposedly played great.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Woww! What a game! McTominay brilliant! Have to say though, I've never felt under pressure at 6 - 2 before.
We just can't defend a ball into the box and look like conceding everytime. Got to be happy with six goals though. Take that every day of the week!

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Very enjoyable game of football, but man our defense is not good at all.
McTominay sat me and some others down today, props for that.

wolvored

Phew! that could have been 10-10 and no-one could have moaned. A bit like a videogame match. McToms best game for me. Leeds the ideal team for Utd to play as they leave space at the back. Up to 3rd.

VP

That was fantastic to watch but I have this nagging feeling that Leeds made it incredibly easy for us and we'll struggle against Leicester

Oranges038

Thoroughly enjoyed that, don't remember the last time I've enjoyed game so much.

Post match SKY have xg as about 4-2. Should have been about 3 times that for both teams.

TheRedHearted

Even after battering Leeds Neville and Tyler were continuing to gush over Leed's despite their gash defending.
If you look at how we responded to a thrashing with Tottenham compared to them who kept attacking I would applaud that but stlll. We beat them quite well

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
That goal would never have happened if he hadn't basically passed it to one of the Leeds players with his crap kicking.
Has no relevance to the post i quoted. That shot is not saveable. Btw, de Gea could also ende up with an assist with his so called awful kicking there at the end... I don't disagree tough, his kicking and command of area has never been his strong attributes.

Get In Scholesy

Top match, could have easily scored more than 6. Still felt like there was a lot from us to be desired in both attack and defence, but absolutely no complaints from me.

When was the last time we scored 6 in the prem? I'll have it.

Fitchett

Thoroughly enjoyed that match. Both teams going for it, with the Reds on fire. When we play like that, we are unstoppable. Could have finished as a rugby score! This season is like leagues I remember of the 60's and 70's, where teams were more evenly matched, but with plenty of high scoring goals. Don't rule out a title challenge from us.

The Mitcher

Has no relevance to the post i quoted. That shot is not saveable. Btw, de Gea could also ende up with an assist with his so called awful kicking there at the end... I don't disagree tough, his kicking and command of area has never been his strong attributes.
It does have relevance because it lead TO the goal, directly. Although I disagree his kicking was always weak, there was a time under fergie and later LVG when it was pretty good, decent I'd say. It took a nose dive under Mourinho and hasn't recovered since.

Withnail

Great entertainment altogether.

McT rightfully MOTM by a landslide.

Kamikaze stuff by Leeds but great to watch. 3rd with a game in hand is a great place to be at this stage.

Must win game now against Leicester on 26th.

Man of the Match

Scott McTominay image Scott McTominay 92% of 398 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw