PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 February 2019

acnumber9

About the best we could’ve hoped for given the circumstances. We basically played with ten men because Rashford would not have stayed on if we had any option.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Considered we played the majority of the game with Smalling, McTominay, Pereira, Sanchez & Lukaku on the pitch at the same time, that's a fecking great result.

We should have won. Lingard, Smalling, both golden chances.

GiddyUp

Give Ole the job. And give him lots of money because we clearly need it. Fecking Liverpool are shit and we showed it to the world today. Great efforts from the team today. Easily could've won it.
No doubt. Ole should be top consideration instead of starting all over again. I want Kane instead of Pochettino at this point.

Tiber

Martial didn't even make the bench and we lost important players early on. The entire gameplan was basically wrecked straight away. Terrific result under the circumstances.

Our defending has come a hell of a long way under Ole

rpitchfo

I missed the first half so understand I’m missing that context. Understand the injuries but Liverpool were so poor in the second half and it’s not like we had the reserves out...not sure how we managed to create almost 0 chances. Yes it looks like we have scrapped a point but missed an opportunity.

Toad

Liverpool really were shit considering our injuries. I’m marking Smalling down for not giving us that last second winner :lol:

Chairman Steve

Saw Sir Alex smiling and talking with Siljne Solskjær at the end. Who’s betting he told her your husbands got the job? :D

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Terrible game in terms of technical quality. Under the circumstances, Liverpool should be ashamed, they were just clueless and were not able to complete even easy passes.

Pscholes18

Brilliant effort from the boys especially Rashford. Even with those imjuriei we still had plenty of chances to sort them out...... someone go check Rawk.

Silas

Huge shift from everyone. Had chances to take the lead, but still happy with the draw considering the circumstances.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The players battled so well, full credit to them. The fans were great too.

We got closer to winning it too, shame really. Think it's a point gained rather than 2 dropped.

Carolina Red

Staff
All things considered, not a bad result. Excellent show of fighting spirit and character by the team today. I don’t think we would have done that in the first half of the season.

Shaw MOTM for me.

reelworld

Even when losing 2/3 of the starting attack, still managed to create better chances than Liverpool. And the remaining starers run on one leg most of the game

Manchie

Unlucky for not getting 3 points but superb performace overall considering what happened first half

ovoxo

3 injuries in the 1st half yet I feel devastated we didn't get the win. Liverpool were shite.
This sums it up! I feel we could have knicked it today! Liverpool were pretty poor.

DRM

Could've won it at the end! But the players gave everything and the crowd was phenomenal.

Minimalist

We couldn’t lose. That was my main thing and thank god, we pulled it off.

Could have even stolen a win with a bit of luck on our side.

Whole back line and midfield were amazing and some really did their United futures some good. Andreas, Sanchez and McTominay all looked well up for it.

Agree with Neville that Shaw was MoTM. Bullied Salah. Pogba was good too I thought. Hope Rashford isn’t hurt too bad. Real gut check for him today but he was impressive in spite of it.

Don’t think Ole got much wrong and he had rotten luck.

Finally Old Trafford crowd was incredible. They had no chance against that support.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think the fitness problem is because we are suddenly doing alot of running under Ole and under Mourinho it was sitting back and less running. That kind of change in a season will cause problems especially if Mourinho did't focus on fitness training much.
If that's accurate, then it would of course need to be a gradual change.

J_XO

Should've actually won that. We had some clear chances just unfortunate to have been hit with bad injuries.

dove

Good point. Played basically 9 vs 11 for majority of the match (Rashford injury and Young).

Valencia Shin Crosses

Great effort all things considered. We even had a chance to win it at the end. Think this game really highlights the work that needs to be done over the summer, regardless of who ends up at the helm. We had absolutely nothing in terms of quality going forward, and if we scored it was going to come from something jammy. Proud of our defense though, Shaw and Lindelof especially were fantastic. McTominay was very good as well, happy for him.

Denis79

Great result considering our injuries, I almost see it as a win. Shaw overwhelmingly our best player out there! I've been very critical of him, but this was a top class display.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
DDG had feck all to do all game. Possession will suggest Liverpool domination but we were pretty much in control that whole second half and had the better chances.

Draw is decent given the circumstances, but we'd have been worthy winners had Smalling got on the end of that chance.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We were better than them all over the park. Shaw, Smalling and Lindelof kept their forwards quiet. Didn't realise until last 10 than Mane (who i rate very highly) was even playing. Pogba worked hard but chose wrong pass on ocassions. If we had another world-class midfield or winger (or both), we might have won it. Did DDG have a proper save to make? On top of this, one o the poorest referring performances of the season. He really is ridiculous

Ibrahimorich

Would've been happy with the draw before the game. Considering we were missing Martial and Matic and lost Herrera and Mata early and Rashford was clearly not right, then it was a bloody good result and performance.
In the end we had the better of the chances in a tight game.
Shaw did really well against Salah. Pretty much nullified their front 3.

Reactions: SteveJ

SirAnderson

Anyone else feel like we had a better chance at winning this game?

Fair enough I'll take the point, but from what I saw, we had the better chances and could have nicked it a few times.

Not happy with the point, but very happy with the performance based on our unluckiness in the first half, we showed grit to shut them down. Really felt like their attack was toothless.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really solid performance despite the injuries. I'm actually sat here disappointed we couldn't push on and win it, We just needed that bit more in attack, or for Smalling to throw himself at the ball at the end. Irregardless though, a solid performance and some of the players were very good. If we push on and beat Palace then we will probably look at this as a point well gained.
It goes without saying that Ole got it spot on today I think, Liverpool never looked dangerous, Give him the bit of quality we need in attack and we'll be flying next season.

talking robot

Good result considering the circumstances. Palace away is a must win now, and it won't be easy with our injuries.

Dempsey19

Happy with a point considering all the injuries.

Didn't realize a draw would drop us to 6th though, thats if Chelsea win their game in hand.

Red Star One

Not too bad considering we were underdog and forced to make 3 changes in the first half. Closer to winning the game too, so a feel a bit sad we didn't manage to nick it, but overall I'll take that provided our boys get back in shape rapidly. Ole did well today.

Handré1990

I’m disappointed. Disappointed we didn’t win! Fecking brilliant fighting spirit from our lads. Are there still posters wondering if Ole can mix it up tactically v the big boys? The Old Trafford crowd up for it as well, great to hear.

baskinginthesun

Good result. Shaw got Salah subbed which shows how well he played.

I always thought we could still win this even though we were playing with a weakened squad (due to the injuries).

Probably suited both teams considering.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
We were the better side.. should have nicked that - but no complaints.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 2:0 Liverpool