PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 February 2019

Ibi Dreams

Liverpool were pretty pathetic given the circumstances. They didn't look like league leaders at all.

Excellent determination and attitude from our players today. A win was always going to be difficult even before all of our injuries happened, but the commitment from the players was superb. Ole passed another test, for me

Adnandos

They were terrified of us, no chance they win the league playing like that against any half decent side.

Pogba, Lindelof were good. Actually thought Lukaku was decent

Shaw MOTM

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Impressed with us honestly. Those injuries were a killer. We'd have beaten without those injuries.

We still looked fine to my surprise and could have won it there at the end.

Liverpool were so conservative seeing as they had the advantage with our lads going off.

Shaw immense. Pogba put a shift in. Our defence did very well.

Can't complain too much. To come out of that with a point with all those injuries is great.

We do need to win our next game though so hoping at least Martial can come in cause we have limited goalscorers as it stands.

Charles Miller

The team is actually very competitive now. Even against PSG i thought the result could be different.

EwanI Ted

Proud of that battling performance, given the circumstances of the game. Didn't ever feel sorry for ourselves, despite the injuries.

Liverpool didn't look like a team marching to the title either.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We were easily the better team there. Couldve easily won it on multiple occasions. Which is crazy with all the injuries. Hope they're all small injuries, but almost everyone was excellent.

Orestetes

I'm glad with the draw, considering half of our team got injured. But if one team deserved to win, it was us for sure.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The fact that I felt we were robbed of a win despite our injury problems says it all.

Our players won practically every 50/50 ball in the second chance and Liverpool barely had any attempts in the game.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
In the circumstances we were superb. If Rashford has been able to play at full throttle we would have run out winners.

I thought Liverpool were absolutely awful and other than one daisy cutter from Sturridge in the first half they were a non entity in attack. City would have hammered us today. Look forward to seeing how Sky Sports positively spin it for the Dippers - they were wank.

Ole deserves the job on all of this evidence. Above all else we were great defensively. We are only one point off 4th with a killer fixture out of the way. Wonder what team we can patch together for Wednesday.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Very good point all things considered.

Shaw absolutely brilliant, Lindelof and Smalling very good aswel

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Feel a bit dissapointed that we didn't win that and just makes me think what would have happened if at least Rashford was fully fit. Horrible luck but great fight and defensively brilliant, such a contrast to the reverse fixture.

Treble

Great effort from the lads, made Liverpool's attack look very ordinary and Salah quite poor.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Don't see pool winning league. Also dont see Arsenal keeping 4th.

Only saw the last 35 minutes, 0-0 seemed like a fair result based on that. The difference in tempo when switching from Eredivisie to Premier League never ceases to be shocking.

NK86

Yeah, if he had a striker's instinct, he might have thrown himself in there and got a goal.
Exactly. Add to it the very close offside call and Lingard's chance, we really were the team that looked like winning it. Rubbish match though. The injuries completely ruined our plan.

Prodigy24

Considering that bizarre first half and all the injuries it's a well earned point, and we probably deserved all three points. Can't really fault the players much as they gave their all, and we had a proper go.

McTominay did well, having to come in on the biggest game of the season. Luke Shaw was absolutely immense, fantastic to see! Rashford, considering he was injured since the 10th minute was fantastic as well.

Young and Lukaku were the poorest today, but they gave their all defensively so I can't moan too much.

Crowd was incredible and obviously gave the players the fuel to go for it. Lovely too see.

Hope the injuries are not too serious since it could have a massive impact on our top 4 target.

The Real Treble 99

Fantastic heart attack performance from the lads. Pool were absolutely crap created nothing against our 2nd string side. We actually deserved to win it with the chances we had especially Lingards. Anyway happy enough & I hope this is the start of a crumble for the Scousers. Cracks starting to appear n their camp. Did you see Henderson & Klopp, oh my days........pressure.

MyDevil

Happy with the result considering the situation we are in. Smalling almost had a sucker punch.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
With the players we had on we should have done better at home. Pool are back in first place. Sanchez, Lukaku and others cost so much money, but where have they been? A bit disappointing, imo.

freddie the red

Considering Matic was out and 3 first half injuries/subs that was as satisfying a nil nil I've seen.
The scousers ought to be livid they didn't win and get 3 points, if they couldn't beat what was in front of them today no way can they win the league......lolsssss

Eriku

Really happy with how we neutralised them, and we held our own, despite injuries and 10,5 men on the pitch.

Respectable, if a bit anti-climactic ;(

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A whole lot of guts, but not a great deal of quality, and kind of understandably so.

Even with the patched up team, 3 first half subs and losing a sub to injury and essentially playing with 10 men, we were the better team throughout and had 3 or 4 very good chances.

Liverpool looked nervous throughout. They still didn't take any incentive from our suffering. We should have been there for the taking once we lost Lingard, but actually they were, and we should have beaten them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Delighted with the peformance and the result given the injuries. I mean everything went Liverpool's way as it has been all season. Matic, Herrera, Lingard, Martial and Mata injured, with Rashford half fit. And we still got a draw and it that game was even. Proud of the boys. The defence, Pogba and Mctominay were great. Sanchez too did well when he came on.

It has to be said that I'm shocked at just how piss poor Liverpool were. I've been saying all year long that this their season. But that team doesn't look 1/4th as good as the PSG we played. Absolutely rubbish.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Proud of the lads. Not easy to have 3 key players injured in first half and keep concentration and efforts up. That said, Liverpool were piss poor. No idea how they are above City.

shadowcat

I have to say big shout out to Alexis, Lukkaku and Andreas all played a part considering the injuries and playing in different positions

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very good result given the context. Missing our engine in MF with Matic and Herrera both getting injuries.

Defence was very good. Especially Lindelof and Shaw.

Could have nicked it there at the end with Smalling.

Not too disappointed though.

moodyred

Odds were against us given the injuries, but we were by far the better team and should have won it.

I give the coaching team alot of the credit for getting the team to keep to the game play even with so many changes.

Luke Shaw was fantastic. Perreira is still worrying. He was ok defensively but loses the ball and misplace passes too often.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'll take a point after the injuries, we were great in defense. Made them look ordinary, hopefully they'll go on to bottle it. Shaw still got Salah in his pocket?

Alabaster Codify7

Gotta be happy with a point and a clean sheet against the league leaders and arch rivals. However, full-strength, we would have won that game handily, 2-0 or something. Liverpool looked trash, to be honest. Defensively we were superb and our attitude is fantastic nowadays, well done OGS but please take more care making subs going forward!

Reddevildans

Spirited and dogged performance by the lads. Really impressed with them. Our defence was magnificent. Lindelof, Smalling and Shaw all motm candidates. De gae..what did he do? Mctominay and pogba were great. Don't think pereira and lukaku played well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bit worried about how the injuries impact our top 4 chances.

SirAnderson

I know Shaw is most folks choice, but for me Rashford gets it.
Dude had a knock from the first half and could have easily asked to be subbed, which looked like he should have. But he stayed on, and although he didn't offer much...he put the team first. Can't imagine if he decided, that's it...after we had all 3 subs made.

deadrevelz

Crapped on Shaw this season but he was excellent today as was most of the team defensively. Ole got his tactics right again after the injuries.

If only Smalling had tried to get his foot on that chance...

Lukaku tried and did a few good things but also some poor moments.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 2:0 Liverpool