g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

CL W Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Paris St Germain 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 March 2019

TheNextNo7

for Lukaku to score 6 in 3 to pull our season back on track after about 10 injuries and keep the run going, just unreal stuff from the big man

Reactions: SteveJ

dave1956

This is the " Utd., Way", a manager who has belief in his own abilities but foremost in his players and coaching staff and imbues them in his belief and shows he has confidence in them to perform when required. Willing to take advice but confident to make that final decision. How many PL., managers in a game at this level when already 2 0 , down would have had 4 youth players on the bench and bring 2 on at the later stages of the game. Image what this does to their confidence and belief in Ole., and the club's youth system. Would we have seen this in similar circumstances with the following teams, City, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea I think not.
I believe that this result shows that under the present manager and coaching staff, the ethos of Sir Matt is back, all we need now is for the owners and directors to embrace this ethos and build on it with the appointment of staff and players.
We will have highs and lows under the present manager, but I am sure we will have more highs than lows because to night showed he and his coaching staff showed the way forward. " The United Way "

BahamaRed

Legend
This was the first time in 60 years that I went into a game thinking we stood no chance of winning. Injuries and losing 2-0 at home in the first leg, and Pogba benched. Welcome back UNITED! and of course "Football, bloody 'ell"

RC89

For all those making the joke that Ole should get the job if he passed the test of overturning PSG. What's gonna be the new material? :lol:

manunited1919

What was the average age of our team on the pitch at the end of PSG match?
20 or 21?

NK86

I fecking cannot believe my luck. Had wuch a long week. Tired as heck. Dropped like a log and my alarm didn't go off. The one time it was supposed to. Woke up, googler the score expecting us to have gone out. But, but... Football! Bloody hell. Damn it. Have to now stream the whole match again without seeing the goals. Feck. I wanted to experience the last minute winner agaon in the CL. '99 feeling.

dogwithabone

A proper landmark game to go alongside Sheffield Wednesday, Arsenal, Juventus and Bayern .....

Reiver

What a result. Ole, the job is yours.

PSG - the expression on their pampered, there-for-the-easy-life, entitled, care more about fashion than football, weasel, cry baby faces, has made my season.

Robertd0803

Now that was incredible. Magic. Too hyper to make any more sense.

I had a feeling we would win 3-1 with Greenwood scoring the winner, wasnt far off in fairness :)

Ole really has restored the belief.

Jacob

Why did Pogba travel but not Lingard for example?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
This is it dude! this is it! that's character! that's character!!!
Erm why didn't Martial travel with the team? Is that normal?

Love the reaction obviously!

OT1214

I dont normally do score predictions here, but went with a 1-3 tonight. Also told my mates that Kimpembe would somehow be involved in our winning goal. Glad both turned out to be right. What a night. What a result!! Ole’s at the wheel!!!!

predator

Youth NITK
Had 4 quid at 50-1 on 3-1
Great stuff mate. I felt so strongly that our fans were downright terrible leading up to this tie, but the away fans tonight were the best as usual. I mentioned how annoying it was to see so many of our fans write us off after only a 2 nil deficit.

Tonight I had 2 quid on us and Porto qualifying before KO's and only won 80 haha. We were 18/1 and Porto were underdogs but not as much as us.

Player Ratings

7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% PSG 1:3 Man Utd
  • 13% PSG 2:1 Man Utd