CL L Champions League Group B

PSV Eindhoven 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 15 September 2015

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Annoyed about the result but absolutely gutted about Shaw. After the injury the game felt pretty meaningless tbh.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
LVG isn't the man for us.

His tactics are poor, his subs are poor and he has weakened our team this season.

Red_Aaron

Bizarre game all round. Promising in some ways but worrying in others.

Baffled as to why mata didn't get shots away from really good chances.

Gutted about Shaw, huge blow for the whole season

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He shipped out all of our strikers except Rooney (who couldn't finish his dinner--well, actually...) and brought in a 19 year old. He refused to sign a centerback and is playing a CM there instead.
So Martial played badly tonight did he? What's his age got to do with his ability? What's this result got to do with Blind being centreback, who's been very good by all accounts. It's ridiculous to point this out as it has no relevance on this performance whatsoever, especially as we hadn't conceded a chance until after he moved to right back.

Lentwood

There is no need for an over-reaction. Even Scholes was full of praise for the performance which is rare coming from him since SAF left! We finally looked threatening going forward, created plenty of openings against a thoroughly negative side and where made to pay for individual errors at the back from players who have otherwise been good this season

I don't know what game some people where watching but I was very encouraged by the performance of Martial, he offered far more than Rooney has done all season anyway playing a very difficult position

The one big problem remains to be Juan Mata. He comes across as a brilliant bloke but unfortunately he does not fit anywhere in this team and I think is too slow and weak to be a success at the highest level

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
More upset about Shaw than the result.
Match was defined by that cnut Moreno. Injures our player, escapes conceding a penalty and a red card then goes on to score.

I have no idea how we lost that.

Jev

There was more pace and purpose to our attacking play than we're used to so I'm not that disappointed about the performance. Obviously we shouldn't have lost. Puts us under immense pressure in this group from the off. Hopefully we can grab three wins at home and squeeze through.

Theonas

Scout
For about a year now, our shortcomings have been clear. We either fail to create chances (Spurs, Villa) or finish (Newcastle). Today was the latter and there is really not much we can do about it management wise, Mata, Memphis, Martial, Rooney, Herrera, Young simply have to finish better. It's really as black and white as that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
disastrous for Shaw - the real massive downer from tonight

but turning what should have been a win into a defeat was pretty worrying stuff result wise.

Memphis and martial give me real hope we could have a real powerhouse combo for the first time since roo and ron, but we'll obviously have to be super patient there.

Martial will certainly give premier league defences a lot to worry about compared to static Rooney.

Mata didn't show much in his favoured position, the conundrum continues there.

roll on sunday. really hope Shaw's condition is somehow better than we think it'll be

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
One of the bigger champions league shocks this season.

Let's face it, PSV aren't a good team, they are an OK team.

We simply do not have a plan B and for over a year it's not been addressed by LVG.

Gonna throw it out there, Marital looks like a pub player
:lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Username couldn't be more apt.

vibe

His tactics are poor, his subs are poor and he has weakened our team this season.
In comparison to what? I agree with the fact that we are not one of the top top European sides anymore, but Manchester United isn't what it used to be under SAF anymore. Post SAF this is a good as we've been. Which is still cookie cutter and gash, but it's better than Moyes.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Better than you do, that much's obvious.

Outplaying a team doesn't consist of kicking the ball around a lot, having a lot of possession and running really fast. PSV had a strategy which completely had us falling apart at the seams. Then all they have to do is break and score, which we also fall apart on. They had a strategy we currently have no answer to and they executed it perfectly, meanwhile we never started playing.

They won 2-1 against our billion pound squad. Yes, I'd say they played us off the pitch.

Agree with this although most won't because they're too blinded to see it.

Mr. Meeseeks

They just got their tactics right. Everyone's overreacting like we played terrible football. We kept good possession while creating decent chances despite PSV being very compact at the back.

They played on the counter attack. De Jong was always ready to receive the ball out wide whenever Darmian was caught up the pitch, and most of their chances came from that. But despite that we were dominant. We actually played pretty well before Herrera came off.

So much overreaction going on here. We lost away from home. It happens sometimes.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Better than you do, that much's obvious.

Outplaying a team doesn't consist of kicking the ball around a lot, having a lot of possession and running really fast. PSV had a strategy which completely had us falling apart at the seams. Every team all the way down to League 2 I bet know that all they have to do is put a lot of numbers into the box because we have nobody that can take a shot. Then all they have to do is break and score, which we also fall apart on. They had a strategy we currently have no answer to and they executed it perfectly, meanwhile we never started playing.

They won 2-1 against our billion pound squad. Yes, I'd say they played us off the pitch.
Ffs. You're a joke.

Ibi Dreams

We played better than against Liverpool, they took the two chances they had and we didn't take ours. It's annoying, but it happens. I liked martials hold up play a lot, it was just very cramped for him. Still every chance we will get through the group

bdecuc

A bit unlucky there tonight. Sometimes the key incidents in the game just don't go your way. We played pretty well. Martial looks like a definite option even now. Terrible shame for Shaw.

Bwuk

We seem to be becoming Arsenal. Loads of possession, but trying to walk the ball into the net.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
There is no need for an over-reaction. Even Scholes was full of praise for the performance which is rare coming from him since SAF left! We finally looked threatening going forward, created plenty of openings against a thoroughly negative side and where made to pay for individual errors at the back from players who have otherwise been good this season

I don't know what game some people where watching but I was very encouraged by the performance of Martial, he offered far more than Rooney has done all season anyway playing a very difficult position

The one big problem remains to be Juan Mata. He comes across as a brilliant bloke but unfortunately he does not fit anywhere in this team and I think is too slow and weak to be a success at the highest level
Scholes just slated LVG, said our team his weaker than last year.

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag
Playing Blind left back instead of Rojo and suddenly playing Memphis on the right cost us the game. I'm surprised I haven't read anyone saying this. Their left back was on a yellow, can't believe LVG switched Memphis and Young.

Sereques

Shaw's injury got me sad than the defeat. But I felt like tonight is the night we needed the possession football the most and I didn't see it. Schneiderlin or Carrick should have started alongside Bastian IMO

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Can't give a feck about the performance or the result right now, to be honest. We weren't concentrated and motivated enough, we lacked a clear plan and were just shite, all round. We lost, as a result. These things happen though, it's not a big deal. What happened to Luke is what makes the night miserable. These things shouldn't be happening. I'm absolutely gutted and I can't imagine how he might be feeling.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool

Don´t worry. Nobody is more clueless defensively than Wolfsburg. The way they conceded goals last season against Inter and Napoli in the EuropaLeague was pathetic and today I saw the same shitty wide open defense, when up 1-0 in the 85th minute. I say 5-2 United win. Lots of goals. If they can´t score against Wolfsburg LVG should be gone.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He regressed over the course of the game.
Yes. Well, I thought he was fine first half. Second half hit and miss and then totally ineffective like the whole team after the introduction of Fellaini for Herrera when Louis decided we no longer needed a midfield

Morpheus 7

Bizarre game all round. Promising in some ways but worrying in others.

Baffled as to why mata didn't get shots away from really good chances.

Gutted about Shaw, huge blow for the whole season
Well said lad,just a horrible night.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Can't give a feck about the performance or the result right now, to be honest. We weren't concentrated and motivated enough, we lacked a clear plan and were just shite, all round. We lost, as a result. These things happen though, it's not a big deal. What happened to Luke is what makes the night miserable. These things shouldn't be happening.
Eh? We totally dominated the game pretty much, and in patches played some of the quickest and best stuff of the season so far (That wasn't against Brugge)...

Also, do you not think what happened to Shaw had an affect on our players?!

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 706 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSV win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% PSV 0:2 Man Utd
  • 19% PSV 1:2 Man Utd