EL W Europa League Group E

Manchester United 3:0 Sheriff Tiraspol

Post-match discussion

Thu, 27 October 2022

RuudTom83

I'm getting used to watching United dominate teams...long may it continue.

Great match...zero negatives

always_hoping

As routine of European win as you'll see. On to the next game now against better opposition.

Smores

Easy win, youth got time, no injuries, rest and rotation. Perfect European game really.

Bobski

Europe league is really shit, but a decent enough performance.

baskinginthesun

Glad to see we're getting better a beating low blocks and teams setting up to defend.

ETH managed the game well. Good subs. Maybe Bruno could've done with being subbed but didn't feel like he was pushing that hard this game so maybe he was already managing energy levels.

Member 101269

Good win against a park the bus side

grest to see Ronnie score, it seems he’s a little out of sorts. Yet, nice to see him support the youngsters.

Maguire, can I roll my eyes?

Dempsey19

Should be scoring more against such a terrible side. We aren't winning in Spain by 2.

I'd be very surprised if we even win that game, let alone by 2. Think we just need to accept we are going to playing a big strong team that dropped out of CL. I hope to christ it's not Atletico Madrid. Cannot deal with those clowns.

Herman Toothrot

Excellent all-around. Clearly not what he was, but great to see Ronaldo get a goal. While he's here and taking home half a million a week, needs to score some goals and needed one to beat the frustration.

Garnacho is some player. I think he's earned a chance ahead of Elanga.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Done the job. Players rested etc.
Hopefully Ronaldo keeps his head down now and be happy he got a goal.

Great headers from Dalot and Rash.

Not looking forward to Real S, but we';ll see.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd be very surprised if we even win that game, let alone by 2. Think we just need to accept we are going to playing a big strong team that dropped out of CL. I hope to christ it's not Atletico Madrid. Cannot deal with those clowns.
OMG you actually fell for it :lol:

Someone

Something
Good win. One noticeable trend is that clubs no longer think they can have a go at us. Having teams park the bus is frustrating but it's also a sign of fear. Last season and earlier in the season everyone thought they could have a go, but not anymore.

Happy Ronaldo scored but he was average. Luke Shaw was great when he came on, so was Rashford. Loved seeing Garancho and think he had a good game.

BorisManUtd

You rarely see a team not having a single shot in the game but it was the case with Sheriff tonight.

Good that Dalot, Martinez, Casemiro and Antony got rested 2nd half.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Don't get why this is so important. Why should we be worried about playing a 3rd place CL team in a knockout tie. If we are to win this Europa League we'll have to play decent sides along the way
We could do without 2 extra games for one. Anything that gives us a better chance of CL next season is a bonus, the easier route the better.

MonkeysMagic

Nice run out, still not clinical in front of goal across the team but one can hope ETH is working on it. Generally we play poorly away to Spanish clubs but I hope for a 2-0 win. Important game on Sunday so need to keep full focus on weekend games.

newgiz

Job very well done. We were in complete control and never looked in any sort of trouble.

Shaw had a great impact when he came on in the second half and so did Rashford. Nice cameo from Van De Beek as well who had a good couple of moments.

As we continue to develop, we will have to get used to the low block setup that teams would deploy against us just like Sheriff did. We were not so convincing in the first half, but in the second half we looked more threatening.

Have to admire the persistence of Ronaldo to still continue to make the runs until he got his goal. In the long run,we need to get a striker soon.As much as I admire Ronaldo, he looks visibly on the decline, and we cannot rely on Martial to stay fit.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

The woman on BT Sport just described the tie breaker with Sociedad weirdly…I swear everyone posted something different from that

Fully Fledged

Don't get why this is so important. Why should we be worried about playing a 3rd place CL team in a knockout tie. If we are to win this Europa League we'll have to play decent sides along the way
It's 2 games we don't need in such a congested season.

Fabio Rochemback

That's exactly the sort of game we'd invariably have made hard work of and conceded several chances in under any post-Fergie manager. It's great to see us actually playing teams off the park again, even if they are minnows.

Reactions: Invictus

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Obvs 3-0 is good but would have liked to see Dubravka and Iqbal…only reason I can think of that we aren’t playing Dubravka is I think there’s a higher fee if he plays more games? Might have imagined that mind

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yeah it will be a struggle. Atletico would be an awful draw but we owe them one.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I guess the Sociedad away match will be a good test for the manager and players to play with a bit of pressure in a mock second leg scenario. Gonna be tough to win there by two, when they are a similar level side to us currently, and one that has had better results than us this season.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 184 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheriff Tiraspol win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 44% Man Utd 3:0 Sheriff Tiraspol
  • 22% Man Utd 2:0 Sheriff Tiraspol