PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Southampton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 December 2017

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Can some of the Mourinho worshipers come in here and explain that one away? It’s getting harder for you guys but I’m sure you’ll try and find a way.

We are a joke at the moment. Only going in one direction.
No one can excuse that performance. It was shite.

Maybe you have the solution though? I'm all ears.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we only bought Perisic, if only the board did better and supported our manager. We dominated totally, stand behind your manager, we dominated, we're second and we would be 1st any other year. Plastic fans, go support City. Seriously though...
That isn't actually true if you look at the points!

Unmutual

Aimless, shapeless performance. Players looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to do. Worrying to be so out of form just as the season gets serious. If Spurs and Liverpool carry on their recent up tick in form, we could be clinging on to fourth before you know it.

dove

I have a feeling we will end up outside TOP 4 if we don't make any signings this month.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Not good enough today. You should have won anyway with the clear penalty not given and the offside situation, but the attacking play was quite poor today. The few chances were missed (especially Lukaku and Rashford in the first half) and the effort in the end came too late. Saints deserved a point today, they fought hard and you could not create enough.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Since 2013 this has been a typical utd display. Not surprising at all

TheReligion

Abusive
In the 2nd half they were first to everything. Getting players into good positions. While we were trying to pass through their players. They were comfortably better than us while playing second gear.
They weren't running circles around anyone. United were hardly hanging on to a point as you make out.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really don’t like this team. Lazy arses and players who think they are much better than they actually are. Awful attacking options and shite slow football from the first minute.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Considering we are willing to take a draw in the majority of our matches against our closer rivals, these past 3 results are totally unacceptable for a team who should really be finishing in the top 4 comfortably, and looked like they were nailed on to a few weeks ago. We're going to have to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool at home if we're to reestablish our position and paper over this festive feck up.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The only positive I can think of...I was sure Shane long would end his goal drought and that would have been really embarrassing

RedB4ndiT

who do i sacrifice to bring Fergie back? :(
This is part of our problem. SAF is gone. We need to move forward and stop bringing up his name every time! We need to look towards the future and not the past.

DdeGoat

That has got to count among one of the worst performances of the last 4.5 years. Toothless, brainless, spineless, useless.

Can't understand why have we suddenly decided to follow the Moyes brand of football. Who are this crosses for? Stupidity from a team that has terrible crossers and awful headers of the ball. I am flabbergasted with our tactics in these last two games. We must have crossed the ball at least a 100 times against Burnley and Southampton. Total insanity.

So despondent at this time. 12 days before I entered the forum arguing with people about the job Jose was doing, now 12 days later I am questioning him myself. 4th place is no longer safe. Liverpool are only a game behind. How the feck did we get here so fast?

How many fecking more millions it's going to take before we can get results against teams like Bristol City, Leicester, Burnley & Southampton.

Last edited:

IAmAWinner

If City wasn't having a remarkable season, we would be in the title fight or something. We're nowhere near lol.
I don't see us even getting top four. 5 teams have better attacking power than we do, we have no attacking plan, no urgency, no nothing. Give the ball to Shaw and cross it to the midget Rashford. Fantastic stuff Jose.
Holidays well and truly ruined.

Judas

Open to offers
Typical performance of ours in December since Fergie left. We just seem completely unchangable as a unit sometimes. The same flaws just don’t leave us.

An Irish Red

It's not a surprise that our attack is so bad when it consists of Rashford (average), Lingard (decent form recently but still average) and Mkhitaryan (awful form).

Don't get me wrong, the performance wasn't good enough but nobody could be expected to win the league with that trio.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another disappointing result. Hope we can pick ourselves up soon and start getting the needed results. Also, hope Lukaku is okay and is able to play against Everton.
Apparently there's a 6 day rule on head injuries, so he's automatically out.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
100m+ spend in the summer and we still looking like 2016/17 Manchester United. I expect us to drop further and end up 5th or 6th last year, so basically no improvement and no minor cups to win this year. Why should another 150m solve the problem. Pogba is a potential elite player, but we only see a bit of his class here and there. It will be the same with guys like Dybala. Jose had no solutions for our problems and his comments atm don't help our team either. And the saddest thing is we haven't even played many good teams in the last few weeks.
CSKA Moscow, Basel, West Brom, Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester, Burnley, Bristol City.
That's the oppisition we struggle against and where we can barely play something decent. To blame that on money is ridiculous.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Once again, the players looked lost whenever they attacked Southampton. Every player was playing their own and doing their own thing, and we became disjointed as a result of that. The only attacking player who was trying to accommodate himself for others was Mkhitaryan, and he went off for Martial who proceeded to play his own game.

We ran out of ideas after that first half. I had some hope that we would score given that we were constantly testing them, but then Pellegrino dropped the midfield line even deeper and made his team more compact. We had no answer to that, as expected, and most of our attacks died off way too easily as our players were waiting for someone to create a chance or do something on the ball. These players need some direction and coaching to make our attack more incisive and cohesive, but that is not and will not be the case.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
If we only bought Perisic, if only the board did better and supported our manager. We dominated totally, stand behind your manager, we dominated, we're second and we would be 1st any other year. Plastic fans, go support City. Seriously though...
:D

tony54

I do sympathise with Mourino as we have had rotten luck with injuries and he inherited a rotten team from Ferguson, Moyes and the morbid Dutchman. But, there is something else going wrong with management and it also looks like the team are not playing as a team of warriors, they are not together. In particular Pogba seems to be playing with a strop and at half effort. Not totally fair on him as things are clearly not right elsewhere.

iportman

Hopefully Mkhitaryan has played his last game for the club
He was played completely out of position while England's great hope rashford played in his so called best position and was worse than hopeless

Ekeke

Matic had most of our shots. Nemanja Matic. With 4 attempts and 1 on target. 1 on target is the most any of our players managed...

I say again, Nemanja Matic had our most shots today.

But like every week I know that Miki and Smalling will get the blame

TheReligion

Abusive
Played another 90 seconds you mean because that utd team did not even try until the last 5 mins . Much of that down to the so called captain and world class :lol::lol: midfielder Mr pogba
Silly comment. Pogba is one of the only real top class players we have.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I would just fecking love it if he came out and took responsibility for this. Individually and collectively. Instead he’ll blame it on everyone else.

Joseunited

Just leave you gutless piece of crap and take your sulking attitude with you.

TheReligion

Abusive
Matic had most of our shots. Nemanja Matic. With 4 attempts and 1 on target. 1 on target is the most any of our players managed...

I say again, Nemanja Matic had our most shots today.

But like every week I know that Miki and Smalling will get the blame
Miki was rubbish though.

Giggsyking

Yes we need more players to beat fecking Bristol, Burnley and Southampton.

Backrow Singer

We've just got poor players who are being found out. It's just a poor football team filled with average, inconsistent players who are playing for a club is above their ability. That's all there is to it for me.

Fight to make the four and that's probably where this team is at.

Jacko21

I agree. I think we need a January signing to liven things up a bit. The hunger has gone the was there at the start of the season.
It's everything many feared would happen with a defeat to City. We've thrown in the towel.

What the players have to do know is switch into Champions League qualification mode. At least then they'll have something to work for. But if they don't buck their ideas up, we'll finish behind Chelsea and Liverpool.

The last 16 of the CL can't come quickly enough. The players need a distraction. And fresh impetus. We can still have a good CL campaign. They just need to forget about the league, accept City have won it and look elsewhere for trophies this season.

Acquire Me

It's not a surprise that our attack is so bad when it consists of Rashford (average), Lingard (decent form recently but still average) and Mkhitaryan (awful form).

Don't get me wrong, the performance wasn't good enough but nobody could be expected to win the league with that trio.
To be fair, Lingard was one of few out there looking good.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 290 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:0 Southampton
  • 15% Man Utd 2:1 Southampton