PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:2 Southampton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 March 2019

Bocca9978

That was a fecking relief. Ole marches on!
We need some fit players back, adding balance.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
So Sanchez remains the only player to haven't contributed greatly or having failed to improve under Ole.

Not the best football we have played but taking injuries into account, missing so many key players, that was great fightback in 2nd half. Pereira was fantastic in 2nd half when he played more through middle. Dalot was great as well. Credit to Ole too for changing tactics.

Leethal

How are people saying this was a shit game? This was vintage United?

Ravaged by injuries, we showed massive character and grit. Very Fergie-esquire game.

Spoilt cnuts.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sanchez getting injured changed the game. Dalot was super when he came on. He added width, pace and aggression we needed.

AshRK

Don't understand what was the point of pogba taking that penalty. Lukaku should have taken and he would have scored also. Anyways who cares, we won and got out of jail.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Bad finishing in the 1st half, significantly better in the 2nd half. Good performance, decent defensively and created lots of chances. Just need to stay focused in the first half and finish teams off earlier.

redom

We really needed to win that to take advantage of the result earlier today so delighted with the 3 points but I hope we start to get players back soon because our performance today was not good. A bit of lethargy has crept into our games and it's starting to feel like when and not if we get punished for it so if we get some of the injured players back it should inject a bit more energy and freshness into the team which we really need.

waza7111

I doubt that Southampton play like that every week or they wouldn't be in 17th place.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Felt like the good, old Fergie times. If we played Dalot from the start instead of Sanchez, it'd have been comfortable.

Young and Smalling are defensive liabilities.

MonkeysMagic

And its a little wonder Southampton are relegation fodder! Raise their game twice all season and revert to mediocrity.

Great win, and top 4 hopes still live on but worrying to see our midfield get dominated again. PSG comes at right time to give Pogba a rest but Dalot did show some promise on wing to cover for the atrocious Sanchez.

extincti fugax hominum

Much needed 3 points. We started with a goal missing competition between Rom & Rash and So'ton who can feck off now raised their game once again as they did in the last couple of years and grew into the game but we showed the fighting spirit. Andreas was very good and i have to say: i gave plenty of stick to the Big Rom but fair play to him, he provided when it mattered. Very precious 3 points in the end.

Only downside is Pogba fecking over the penalty and my FPL team with his -1 point when i captained him in the last minute taking from Jimenez who will get 12 with bonuses :annoyed:

Last edited:

Tarrou

Good win when we weren't at our best.

Delighted for Lukaku and Perreira

Scholesgoals

We need more Belgians, we should buy Fellaini back.

Andy Walker is a prick.

Pogba needs a break
thats the tsn scottish guy? had him on the first half stream. what a massive knob. i think angus gunn is his son the way he was banging on about him and what a fool for the non penalty soton had. was he just as insufferable in the second half? abu

Cpt Negative

And its a little wonder Southampton are relegation fodder! Raise their game twice all season and revert to mediocrity.

Great win, and top 4 hopes still live on but worrying to see our midfield get dominated again. PSG comes at right time to give Pogba a rest but Dalot did show some promise on wing to cover for the atrocious Sanchez.
We've got 2 academy players in there. No other premier league team is having to do that at the moment

eire-red

Lukaku getting a run in the team and starting to have an influence in the last few games. His all round game might be shocking but nobody can deny that the man is prolific.

Haven't been that pumped after a United win in a while. Almost feels like the old days.

Smores

Disgraceful from Pogba not to give the ball to Rom imo. Clearly frustrated at being asked to play second half deeper and wanted to be the main man, his yellow too :houllier:

Was a good game to watch but a poor team performance with some individual stand outs. Still i only care about the points for this run in.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
When was the last time we had a properly realiable penalty taker? Who we knew wasn’t going to miss? Ruud? I suppose RVP was good for a season. I don’t trust Pogba anyway.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So bloody relieved! Like the old days that one. Anxiety and thrills at the end.

Lukaku is bloody frustrating but I love his ass today more than Mr Jazz. He took those goals so well. Grateful to him for the three points.

Lovely goal by Perreira, redeemed himself after that brainfart against Burnley.

Dalot was a good sub.

Sanchez needs to be transferred anywhere.

These kinds of teams are always difficult more than you would expect. Very happy we came through that. It's especially difficult with all the injuries.

Anyway, on we go.

cantonaldo

Out of sort performance, only to be saved by Periera and Lukaku, the two of our most criticized players.

Goes to show we know nothing about football.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The 50 million spent on Fred should have gone on Ward-Prowse a long time ago. Been an admirer for years now.

He's the second coming of Charlie Adam but good. What Wilshere should have been but with an amazing dead ball.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Great win and a fun watch. Missing some of our better players is annoying but it's great to see Rom grab his chance with both hands. He'll give Ole a nice selection headache once Martial and Lingard are back, which wasn't happening a few games ago when Martial-Rashford-Lingard picked themselves.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
thats the tsn scottish guy? had him on the first half stream. what a massive knob. i think angus gunn is his son the way he was banging on about him and what a fool for the non penalty soton had. was he just as insufferable in the second half? abu
He played for Celtic but obviously loves Southampton or more likely dislikes United.

LLMU

We were giving Southampton too much room but credit to the team, we dig deep and got the results. Rom with two brilliant strikes.

ken11

We needed to win today with our run-in. Can't drop points against non top 6 teams. The lads grinded out the victory. Well done to them.

Jazz

Pogba is greedy and doesn't have the potential to be captain.
He should have let Lukaku take teh penalty for his hattrick.
It also is a good chance for others to prctice the penalty kick
so that they have the confidence in future when needed.
To be fair, Lukaku isn't that great with penalties.

Camilo

Poor performance, Southampton were excellent throughout and probably deserved a draw. We kept working at it though, scored three excellent (mostly individual) goals.. We struggled to keep a tempo, but that's certainly down to the players we (don't) have available right now.

Lindelof again looking like the real thing, Shaw being solid but unremarkable, McTominay generally looking composed and Lukaku working hard and scoring two crackers. The rest of them? Rashford was kept quiet, Pogba was largely anonymous Pereira apart from the goal I thought didn't affect the game enough, Sanchez was shite, Smalling was Smalling, and Young was appalling. And that rhymes. Dalot again showed he's an effective player - I'd like to see more of him.

But hey, happy days, we did well again with a depleted squad. Having Matic, Herrera, Mata and Martial back will help so much..

Patrick08

Crucial 3 points given the tottenham and arsenal result and the fact we play arsenal away next. 3 points of 3rd:D.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He played for Celtic but obviously loves Southampton or more likely dislikes United.
Worst commentator I've had to listen to in a while. Absolutely terrible. He went dead quiet when the Soton went 2-1 down.

I would love if they go down because they always seem to play out of their skin against us, both away and at home.

Jazz

Credit also to Southampton. They played well. How on earth are they struggling down at the bottom I really don't know.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Delighted with the win. Delighted for Lukaku.

Still not sold on Andreas. He seems to get nervous. After he scored his goal the confidence was high and he did some good things. Then when Southampton got their second, he got nervous again.

McTominah was poor i thought. Maybe he is tired.

Rashford looked very tired. As did Pogba. Both need a rest i feel.

Fred although only on for a few minutes tried to make a forward pass.

We were overrun in MF and that is why we struggled. Pogba was coming deep just to control the play. The amount of times Young played it long to Lukaku because no one was showing for the ball. I think if we had Herrera and Matic, we would win this comfortably.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The 50 million spent on Fred should have gone on Ward-Prowse a long time ago. Been an admirer for years now.

He's the second coming of Charlie Adam but good. What Wilshere should have been but with an amazing dead ball.
He was brilliant today. His set piece delivery is of ridiculous quality and constancy

Man of the Match

Romelu Lukaku image Romelu Lukaku 87% of 713 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 496 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw