PL L FA Premier League

Swansea City 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 30 August 2015

Stainz

I just wish we could start playing entertaining football again.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Typical juvenile over-reaction every time we lose.

Personally I blame the Caf - everyone was so pleased before the match they got 11/11 in the line-up prediction and then want to sack LvG for picking the same team:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Weird game, most of the players had good moments and equally bad moments - but they all looked absolutely knackered at the end - we're not used to playing 2 games a week

Need a striker
Although I'm not one of the idiots who blame Rooney for everything

Robbie Boy

anything to add to the thread? are you happy with it or just pointing out that people will complain?
Do you need a lie down mate? We threw away a one nil lead and played pretty shit, people are going to moan and some will go completely OTT. Why the actual feck have you taken offence to my post? Weird.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
Well...

Firstly this interview with Williams sums it up. He said that was their hardest win against us because we've improved so much! How freaking sad is that?!

We controlled most of the game yet still didn't create much! Swansea had by far the better chances and were comfortable.

3 goals in 4 games? Pathetic! Laughable and not good enough for top 4 let alone a title challenge.

Rooney was awful yet stayed on. Fellaini really came on too late. And anyone who says we don't play hoofball with Fellaini! Really?

Nothing good to take from that performance at all. The defence was pulled apart because they came up a good attack. We lack options and alternatives.

Honestly the results were fooling people so far this season. Winning games covers for poor performances.

.Phil1968

Bloody awful again we spent the last 10 minutes lumping the ball to Fellini we created nothing after their second and we have a striker who needs 12 touches before shooting.Some bloody philosophy

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Just nothing up front.

I'm sick of seeing that guy in net aswell.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Herrera set up 4 goal scoring chances. Are you kidding me. He wasn't the reason why we lost. He played his role well and should have got a couple assists if it wasn't for rooney or mata.
You make it sound like he was the main reason for those passes. At least one of those was simply a brilliant run by Mata that allowed for a pretty basic pass by Herrera and despite his brilliant run and his goal, I wasn't too happy with Mata either. A few good scenes here and there won't cut it, we need consistency up front, somebody who can shift their defense around fluently and be a force up there. Herrera didn't do that consistently either.
I also never said he was the reason we lost, just that all the campaigning for him was exaggerated. We have a general problem that goes beyond a player or two.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

Personally I blame the Caf - everyone was so pleased before the match they got 11/11 in the line-up prediction and then want to sack LvG for picking the same team:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Weird game, most of the players had good moments and equally bad moments - but they all looked absolutely knackered at the end - we're not used to playing 2 games a week

Need a striker
good analysis. :)

justboy68

Under Fergie we could have went behind with twenty minutes to go and I'd still think we had a chance. Not now though.
Yeah and even when we didn't manage to get the late goals you could be sure the last 15 minutes would have consisted of us camped outside their box absolutely bombarding them, with the opposition hanging on for dear life. Looking at us now it's just sad.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
He was in the left side covering for Shaw who was in attack. Blind didn't have a great game, but he definitely wasn't at fault there. When left back is on attack, the left CB covers for him, while the defensive midfielder becomes the second CB.

Which brings the question, where was Schneiderlin for the first goal?
Yeah that's fair enough I just couldn't get my head around why smalling was 3 on 1, if shaw attacks then blind covers, one of the two Dms has to drop in, you are right, should have been schniederlin.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat that is so worrying.

LVG just looks clueless.

We are in big trouble. Top 4 is not a certainty.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
No I'm not, you're clearly exaggerating things.
Two beautifully weighted balls to put Rooney through on goal and fantastic hold up play and release for Mata, he should be walking away with at least 2 assists, on a good day it would've been 3. How can you argue against that?

RRCE

Overall, an extremely disappointing performance and result. The way the team played after Swansea equalized was particularly disturbing.

We very clearly lack speed, creativity and depth in attack. He'll have better games in the future, but at the moment Rooney quite simply does not deserve his place in the team. He's gone from being a non factor to being a negative one. He's far from the only problem, though. Herrera and Memphis were both dire. Mata, despite the goal, was also below par. Romero was ridiculously bad, and not just with the second goal. His kicking and distribution was just dreadful. The list goes on, really.

I also agree that Van Gaal made mistakes with his substitutions and tactics. He's got to look in the mirror as well. I fear that he'll chalk this loss up to individual errors as opposed to poor squad composition and tactics.

I don't expect any miracles before the transfer window closes. I hate to sound like I'm overreacting, but based upon what we've seen so far this season we'll be very lucky to finish fourth.

Get In Scholesy

A few poor performances across the park cost us the game, we started both halves brightly but faded. After our goal I figured we'd be in control of things for at least 15 minutes, but by the time we were level due to some silly choices on and off the ball by our defence (full backs pressing the pitch) and Rooney trying to do a 1 time pass to Darmian when he was out of position, of which failed and we conceded.

Both goals were shit goals to conceded, but thats what happens when you press up the pitch (1st goal and 2nd goals) and have a really poor keeper in net (mainly the second)

Rooney and Memphis both had poor games, and Bastian faded as the game progressed, those are 3 vital positions where under performing can cost any side a game and it did to us at the end.

Oh well, a week off now for international duty, lets hope everyone comes back fit.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Next year is our year...we are coming you city. just you wait

Revan

Assumptionman
If Van Gaal really thinks we can go through the season with Romero as our number 1 and Rooney as our only real striker upfront he's mental. Romero... I don't know where to start.

Frustrating that Swansea didn't really do anything and came away with three points.
He seems to think so. The only good side of that is that Klopp is available and Ed likes him. If LVG doesn't find a brain and realize that Rooney is shit and Romero not long ago was third choice at Sampdoria, then he'll soon will find himself unemployed.

Question234

Disappointed. Too cautious putting bodies in the box, too slow in attack, and it makes it easier to defend against. We need some creativity around the box, and runners from midfield.
Memphis seemed uninterested today, keeper could have been better.
All credit to Swansea, they put bodies in the box, defended well, and were quick on the flanks.

We'll get better.
When ? That was our 6th game this season and the manager insists he doesn't need anymore signings.

Some of you are going to get real wake up calls this year.

Revan

Assumptionman

Need a striker
You realize that people don't post the lineup that they want, but the lineup they expect to get chosen?

mu77

Do you need a lie down mate? We threw away a one nil lead and played pretty shit, people are going to moan and some will go completely OTT. Why the actual feck have you taken offence to my post? Weird.
no just asking what you thought. just we aren't getting any better with the attacking players out there. i'm not a happy chappy with the brand of football and i don't have LVG's phone number nor do many others. this isn't united football that's all.

rotherham_red

Hit by the Swansea sucker punch, yet again. They were so shit in the second half, literally carried no threat, but took advantage of two defensive errors and got the win.

We need a winger and a striker at the very least, but I'm willing to give the team the chance to bed in during this season and take it from there. LVG will live or die by his decision to stick with Rooney and not bring in someone else, but it is what it is...

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Two beautifully weighted balls to put Rooney through on goal and fantastic hold up play and release for Mata, he should be walking away with at least 2 assists, on a good day it would've been 3. How can you argue against that?
Two or three good passes, some of them being created by brilliant runs in the first place, don't make it a great performance, I'm sorry.

reelworld

I don't expect any miracles before the transfer window closes. I hate to sound like I'm overreacting, but based upon what we've seen so far this season we'll be very lucky to finish fourth.
Yes you´re overreacting.
Plenty of time for the manager to get things right

Question234

We'll never win anything under Van Gaal
Simple as.

I don't see what you've seen to suggest otherwise.

Today we were poor with brief spells of good play, that simply isn't good enough considering what LVG has spent.

stretford_oslo

He's allowed to have bad games becuase he's young, new to the league and clearly adapting to the physicality of it. I said earlier to those saying we don't need anymore additions are silly because it's unfair to expect memphis to hit the ground running.
:houllier:

Our new nr 7 can't hide away like he did today. It's not the first time either, and he's played like 5 or 6 real games tops.

Also, it's not like he came from the disableds league of dwarfs or something.

Robbie Boy

no just asking what you thought. just we aren't getting any better with the attacking players out there. i'm not a happy chappy with the brand of football and i don't have LVG's phone number nor do many others. this isn't united football that's all.
I never expressed any opinion on our football? It was a fecking piss take about the impending implosion. Don't take life so seriously, dude. Yes, we are utter wank at the moment and the shit on a stick being served up on a weekly basis isn't acceptable.

LLMU

Really bad performance once Swansea equalized. Romero's comical goalkeeping for the second goal sums up the whole game. We are never going to win games by gaining a majority possession but never do anything with it.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 938 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Swansea 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Swansea 0:2 Man Utd