PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 27 November 2016

Hamadovich86

Hopefully we can avoid finishing in the EL spots, its better to not have any European football than be in that competition and have PL form suffer like this.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The team is not playing poorly. I believe a good run of results is coming.
Oh come on man! Get real! We've drawn against relegation fodder and you say that's playing well.

It's this satisfaction with mediocrity that has turned us into what we are. Even fans like you have low expectations

Smores

These post match threads just tell you who the person has an agenda again, everyone blaming sifferent players or the manager:lol:

Bruno8

Again the opposition GK was MOTM

Just one of those days. We are just unlucky with goals otherwise we playing well

dakingpin1999

That second half was played at 100 miles an hour and we weren't cunning enough to create anything. running around like loonies and playing brainless football around the box. teams just know, sit back and have a half decent keeper job done. Just hope Liverpool don't win the league that is my hope for this season now

shaky

Mkhi unlucky not to score. Rashford should bury his chance. Depressing when Fellaini came on. The quick passing build up that created us quite a few chances suddenly stops and we get 10 mins of hoofball to finish with instead. Still think we can claim to be pretty unlucky. Nobody could really have grudged us 3 points there.

darko

My number one thing is to see United get rid of Fellaini as soon as they can. That guy is complete garbage.

diarm

I didn't really understand why we changed the lineup at all after the good performance during the week. Why not try to build some momentum? Fair enough if Carrick couldn't play, put Herrera I'm. But surely Rooney and even Mkhey should have started.

But even with that, the real frustration comes with wasting 20 full minutes at the start of the second half. Rashford and Lingard weren't playing well, we had 45 minutes to see that. Why let that continue for almost a full quarter before making a change?

And the less said about the last 10 minutes the better. Putting on Fellaini to play Jack Charlton football is the same shite we saw under Moyes and Van Gaal. Have some balls, trust in our actual footballers and set them up to attack. Very frustrating second half after some quite encouraging stuff in the first 45.

mu4c_20le

The Zlatan goal was a bit of brilliance, but if he missed that too, we would have lost today. We had some chances but besides maybe Rashford's 1 on 1, they weren't huge chances. We still need to create more and play better going forward.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Worse part of the game for me was how we just fell apart after the half-time break. I know West Ham clearly re-organised during the break and came out with more impetus, but that doesn't excuse just how disjointed we were. If we had carried on playing the way we ended the first it's a different game.

No guarantee we would have won though, we're still nowhere near clinical enough. We really are lacking in confidence in belief.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Another home game, another draw. Not good enough considering the quality of the opposition faced in that time. I'm aware that we are a work in progress, but failing to beat West Ham, Burnley and Stoke at home when we created more than enough chances to win those games comfortably is just pitiful.

Jose sent off again isn't helping the situation, he needs to focus his every effort on finding a striker capable of putting the ball in the net on a regular basis, rather than blaming refs and kicking bottles in temper.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
These post match threads just tell you who the person has an agenda again, everyone blaming sifferent players or the manager:lol:
It's a real headscratcher at the moment. We're playing pretty well, making plenty of chances, tonnes more than last year, but can't finish next to anything. 3 goals in 4 league homes? Against some really sh!t teams too.
Worrying in a "much better football than last year" style!

We have to make sure Wednesday goes the right way now. Cups may have to recover the season.

SER19

why not bring on young? get more men in the box and some pace to our play.

actually i don't even care.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Problem stems from LVG's decimation of our striking department and without it being adequately replaced.

Mourinho has transformed the way we organise and attack, we simply can't finish with anywhere close to the level required.

Desperately need another mid 20s aged world class finisher and also our wide forwards to score regularly.

Won't happen before next season
Agreed. Getting rid of RvP, Hernandez, and Nani the same summer was insanity.

Delano

Rashford is not a winger and Darmian offers zero attacking threat. Left hand side of the team was horrendous and the right wasn't much better.

Eplel

Yes, keep the hack for two more years to be wasted.
Flawless logic.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We're creating chances but simply can't finish them. Keeper played well but we should be finishing these games off.

DevilRed

Again the opposition GK was MOTM

Just one of those days. We are just unlucky with goals otherwise we playing well
It really isnt. Its not a coincidence anymore.

We are just shit in the final third and scoring goals. LVG is partly to blame for selling all our strikers, but some of the players still have that "LVG hangover". They just seem to have forgotten how to beat a defender or score a goal.

I honestly think the likes of Mata and Herrera can now never be first choice players if we want to win the league. They arent good enough on a consistent basis. Its the hard truth.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Let's win the E.L.
Please tell me Sevilla can't drop down there.

Asger

Mourinho has to start taking responsibility. Can't blame luck or anything else, he picks the team and it's not good enough.
So its his fault that our players keeps shiting their pants when they are in a good position to score?? Zlatan, Rashford and Lingard aren't good enough to start for team like United..

space

Terrible second half, just awful, West Ham are shite and were there for the taking. EPL is really a mental block. Gonna take a break from football for a while I think.. we have Everton, Spurs and West Brom to play, all teams who need a performance too, don't think I can take it.

ash_86

sick of it. Just because we scored an headed goal, we started hoofing the ball up. That's when we're worse. Secondly , our crosses from flanks and set pieces and corners are absolute disgrace. We need good crossers of the ball from the flanks to create chances. We rather let anyone nearest to the ball to take it and waste all of them.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 349 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham
  • 17% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham