PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 27 November 2016

Thiim

The quality from full-backs and wingers when it comes to the final ball into the box is so fecking poor. Darmian, Valencia, Rashford, Lingard, Shaw simply can't find a United player. Ever.

DevilRed

Honestly I think we just need to play two strikers.

We cant score enough goals with Ibra upfront alone. He has no pace to run in behind and its just too comfortable for opposition to sit back and squeeze us since none of our players like to beat a defender.

Please please please can we use Mkhitaryan because Its so obvious he can make a difference from the right wing or middle of the pitch.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Need proper wingers. We are so narrow. Their back 5 suffocated our narrow attack. We just can't stretch teams. We can't run in behind. We must be a doddle to defend against.

MrBest

How does ibra always play the whole game! our whole play goes to him and he constantly looses the ball,never wins a header and can't time his shots. Yeah scored today but pogba put that on a plate for him.

Darmian is a load of crap. surely Shaw is not worse?

I think that was one of the best teams we could put out anyway. it's obvious that we can't win shit no more. Everton and spurs next and we are closer to 10th spot.

There is no passion in this team. I cannot wait till half this crap gets sold. whether they are good or not, gaal ruined there minds permanently. I can't even find anythimg positive to say about the hour and half I just wasted.

Slow, no passion, no grind, no mojo. Jose sent to stands again, he needs to get a grip and lead by example. it's pathetic he can't keep his head. no wonder the players look resigned to being second best.

We should of won that game. hello 10th

NYAS

Some posters on here kept telling me last week that the Europa League isn't worth trying to win, something about "Spanish teams care too much about it :wenger:" and "English teams never do well in it", like Liverpool and Fulham never reached the final and it'll never happen again. What was even funnier was that I was being told that it's only November and top 4 was still a very real possibility, as if we would just suddenly stop being fecking shite and string 2 wins together.

I've been saying it since last month, forget the league and go full speed ahead in the cups. Swallow your fecking pride, the Premier League isn't everything.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Especially when you consider Mkhitariyan was actually good midweek.
Rooney was good on the left as well midweek. Rooney, Mkhitaryan, Martial should be ahead of Lingard/Rashford on wings right now

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If we were shit and dropping points you'd say it was deserved but it's infuriating that we're actually playing well and have feck all luck when scoring.. this is the second game we've played where a non world class goalie has put in a performance that would be nominated for GK performance of the season....

It's so fecking annoying.
It's infuriating.

Scholesy

So we sack him then?
Not yet...If we don't get into the CL then yes. No title challenge next year then sack him then too.

This is a man who is leaving out the likes of Anthony Martial and Mkh every game for his own stubborness. Making ridiculous substitutions. Losing his discipline every game and blaming referees. Do not be fooled, Mourinho is the problem, no one else.

Litch

No in form striker that can make the difference in close games....

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
All that money spent and still can't buy a goal...
The persistence with Ibra when we're not playing well is a joke. The guy is slower than a diseased snail

He should have been subbed in the second half

killerboi2

Players aren't good enough, tired of excuses being made for these chumps. We didn't "dominate" the game at all. The players didn't finish the chances because they aren't good enough and we've seen more than enough evidence of it.

siw2007

Not a terrible performance but once again we fail to win because we can't take our chances. We've been calling for consistency but we just can't get it at the moment.

There was some great saves from their keeper again which was annoying. We need to keep going and hope that our fortunes change. I do think that a big problem is the lack of options in our wide forward positions and this is hurting our chances.

Still hope that our team will get the consistency we need but it might be a season where our best chances for silverware comes from the cups.0

ManUnitedCanuck

Second half I saw 1 chance for zlatan and it was a decent save, mata stays on and we create more
Rooney had a chance, didn't put enough on it...we hit the post (is that not a chance?)

First half, had a break away by Rashford, Zlatan shot blocked...all chances

marlowe78

I've never liked Jose but AFAIC he's done a horrendous job with us. If he's not going to at least get us top 4, what good are his 1-2 years of service? His trips to the stands are maybe our most exciting moments this season.

I don't watch every game in the league but I don't think I see any other team finish a half so well and then let the opponent take the initiative at the start of the second half. I understand that we played on Thursday, but I would much rather get scored against trying to produce our own goal than standing around and letting them do whatever they want. We should've come out fast, at least for the first few minutes and tried to generate more chances while West Ham were still tentative. The subs also came way too late.

So sick of Rashford being used on the wing. The one time he made a central run he came close to scoring. Ibra IMO was terrible that game and I think he's becoming more trouble than he's worth. Totally overhyped signing while Rashford and Martial have their development stunted.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not yet...If we don't get into the CL then yes. No title challenge year, sack him then too.

This is a man who is leaving out the likes of Anthony Martial and Mkh every game for his own stubborness. Making ridiculous substitutions. Losing his discipline every game and blaming referees. Do not be fooled, Mourinho is the problem, no one else.
Spot on! he's turning us into a bigger laughing stock than LVG

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Mourinho has done such a shit job, 1 win in the last 7 league games, 4 at home, raging right now.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We'ren a pretty diabolical situation. Forwards/wingers just aren't cutting it and it's costing us game after game. The top 4 getting further and further out of reach by December is fecking terrible.

sugar_kane

Still lots of promising signs but Rashford does not belong on the left, nor does Darmian, and Fellaini for Lingard makes no sense. I'm also surprised by some of Zlatan's poor decision making.

Pogba the best player on the pitch as often the case, but I'm glad he's finally going to get rested due to the yellow.

Mourinho sending off a joke.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Problem stems from LVG's decimation of our striking department and without it being adequately replaced.

Mourinho has transformed the way we organise and attack, we simply can't finish with anywhere close to the level required.

Desperately need another mid 20s aged world class finisher and also our wide forwards to score regularly.

Won't happen before next season

DevilRed

Its the players.

Same shit every year. Disappointing.

Need to get rid of most of them and just rebuild in the image that Mourinho wants. There is no other way.

The likes of Mata, Herrera, Darmian etc. just have to go. They have had years at the club and the best they have done is help us finish fourth.

mancan92

This one is on Jose, feck sake Michael Carrick could have played tonight and sat out wednesday. Awful team selection and awful subs.
What are you on about Carrick would make no difference to our finishing. Everything up until the scoring is fine. You can't blame mourinho when the team is missing basic open goals.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Our home games are depressing this season. How the feck can you not win this ? City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, they must all be laughing their balls off, we have become a total joke of a club.

So many points we have waisted in our own home, it is depressing. All the top 4 candidates except spurs won today, so we are dropping further behind yet again. Deficit is becoming so large it is probably fair to say it is over for top 4 and that is depressing because we are november.

Jose better wins the europa league because it looks like that is the only thing that can salvage this train wreck of a season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nothing much you can do about missing chances, but we need to stop conceeding stupid goals. If we scored first that would be a game over.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 349 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham
  • 17% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham