Post Match

ForeverUnited19

Not in the Matchday threads - it's bad luck.
The players just needed to take that extra bit of care with the final pass or cross. The pass that escaped Hernandez summed it up. The platform provided by the midfield was ideal for Kagawa today. First time in a while that i looked at the bench and there wasn't really anything there to change the game. Distinct lack of directness in our play to open up the opposition.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Ferguson isn't stupid. I'm sure that's just a tactic used to divert attention away from the result. Will the result be talked about? Will his comments? Yes. Old school management.

Drainy

I'm sure he is technically correct. Being blasted at the back of his head from that range could lead to a concussion, the swelling of the brain could be fatal.

The likelihood of it happening was so low that it's embarrassing to say. Obviously, Sir Alex had a meltdown- people say mental things when they are in meltdown :lol:

CheadleBeagle

We should have won that game comfortably. Some of the players looked like they had never played together before and the misplaced passes at crucial times were appalling. At least we got 1 point but we really should have easily had all 3. Rooney and Valencia were truly awful.

LoveInTheAsylum

Really frustrating game as we created enough to have won it. I thought it was a good chance for Valencia to shine, but he was on his heels all day long again. Rooney started okay, keeping our attacks ticking over with one or two touches, but he never did get into the game & play broke down with him too often. Van Persie was fantastic, though they did a good job of keeping him away from goal (occasionally through foul play) which meant Rooney or someone needed to finish the chances RVP laid on; unfortunately Rooney was incredibly wasteful.

I felt Hernandez should have come on earlier, when our shape was better/wider. He didn't get the chances to get in behind. But it's understandable leaving a player of Rooney's quality on for as long as possible, no matter how badly he's playing.

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
We should have won that game comfortably. Some of the players looked like they had never played together before and the misplaced passes at crucial times were appalling. At least we got 1 point but we really should have easily had all 3. Rooney and Valencia were truly awful.
nothing really fell for us, and as you said rooney and valencia were awful. On an other day would have ran out easy winners.

Hannibal

Valencia cost us the game.....
He gets the ball with his nearest marker about 15 yards away...he then takes 4 touches towards his marker and gets his crosses deflected. I have seen more intelligent horses at the opening ceremony in the London Olympics. Rafael has been the winger all season. The Brazilian's injury has exposed Valencia. At the moment, Bebe is a better winger.

Amir

Ferguson isn't stupid. I'm sure that's just a tactic used to divert attention away from the result. Will the result be talked about? Will his comments? Yes. Old school management.
It's hardly a disaster of a result or a performance, no need to be hiding it somehow.

First half was OK, second was very very good. But carrying two attacking players (Valencia and Rooney) who couldn't give a good final ball if their lives depended on it was always going to be a struggle. Annoying to lose two points, but if we continue to play this way we'll be fine.

7dan

Valencia cost us the game.....
He gets the ball with his nearest marker about 15 yards away...he then takes 4 touches towards his marker and gets his crosses deflected. I have seen more intelligent horses at the opening ceremony in the London Olympics. Rafael has been the winger all season. The Brazilian's injury has exposed Valencia. At the moment, Bebe is a better winger.
:eek:

he is very low in confidence it seems, i miss the real valencia

Suedesi

Of all the people to whinge about (as you were in the matchday thread) why Cleverley?

He had a good game. His industry and energy allowed Carrick to boss things in the middle.

Rooney, Valencia and Evra were rather poor yet you are talking our of your anal passage about Cleverley.

Sort your life out.
Evra was ok. Evans should have tracked Michu for their goal

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nah they haven't figured him out just now.He's always been the same, my biggest with him gripe is his slow reactions.He'll have space and time and will still take too long to make a decision.That's got nothing to do with defenders "figuring him out".
There used to be a refreshing directness about his game, like "see the space= attack it, be in a position to cross= cross it".Now he just dwells forever

7dan

Who's the real Valencia? He's always been one-dimensional and predictable. Defenders have figured his one trick out.
When he gets back to form defenders wont be able to live with his pace, power and all round athleticism, defenders knew before what he does and still couldnt handle him.

His poor performances are down to him for what ever reasons nothing to do with defenders ''figuring him out''.

reddevilcanada

The goal we conceded was very poor defensively. Somebody should've been aware of Michu and not let him get the rebound so easily. I think it was Evans who went to sleep and let Michu score the rebound.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
For me, out of form implies a medium-term spell, which is true for Valencia. Not Rooney though, he's been playing well recently. He's just always shit at Christmas.
Today he was out of form. He he played last week doesn't come into it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm ok with that, the sort of game that inevitably pops up during a season, and we didn't get beat.

Collectively we played fairly well, but a few notable individual performances were way below par.

4 points clear at christmas, will do me.
This.

starman

I cringed when I heard the fergie interview, however, the more i see it, the more dangerous it looks.

I am really hung over, so maybe my judgement is off and any type of blow to my head at this moment willl certainly feel like it will finish me off but he potential could have been quite badly hurt, "killed" is a bit strong though!

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
A point away to Swansea is a good result, especially two days before Christmas. No need to deflect anything from the performance.

Even by Fergie throwing in a 'maybe' at the end of the sentence, you can tell it wasn't part of any plan, merely an accidental exaggeration.

beacon

All Creatures Great and Small
If you consider Alan Smith's broken leg against Liverpool you can see exactly where Fergie is coming from. It sounds melodramatic but it could quite feasibly have broken his neck from that distance.

roseguy64

Who's the real Valencia? He's always been one-dimensional and predictable. Defenders have figured his one trick out.
Took them years to didn't it? Would have thought someone would have realised since he's been playing in the EPL since 2006.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If you consider Alan Smith's broken leg against Liverpool you can see exactly where Fergie is coming from. It sounds melodramatic but it could quite feasibly have broken his neck from that distance.
Good point.No doubt it'll never be raised by the media

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I cringed when I heard the fergie interview, however, the more i see it, the more dangerous it looks.

I am really hung over, so maybe my judgement is off and any type of blow to my head at this moment willl certainly feel like it will finish me off but he potential could have been quite badly hurt, "killed" is a bit strong though!
Fergie has a point though and why the feck that ref (who was well out his depth today) didn't sent him off is just bizzare.

hp88

After seeing a couple of replays you realise how close the ball was to RVP when Williams kicked it, I am not sure about a "life threatening injury" but that could have caused a nasty injury. It will be interesting to see what RVP has to say about it, Fergie seemed pissed off about it but Williams and Rooney didn't think much of it.

Robin van Persie: Man Utd striker lucky to be alive - Ferguson

TheReligion

Abusive
Both Wilkins and Yorke agree with Fergie.

Williams could have caused serious injury to RVP. Coward.

Anyone else notice that cnut Chico trip our man up too when he was getting up?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Ashley Cole (I think) once unsuccessfully tried something similar against us while still at Arsenal. It was at Highbury where we arguably won our title in 2002/2003 season. He aimed it at Ruud who faltered a bit and fell after scoring that fabulous goal.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
What kind of world do some of you people live in, thinking a football can possible do serious harm to a human's neck?

Ridiculous rant from SAF :lol:

It was a cnutish thing to do regardless of possible harm, Williams should have been sent off, but "serious injury", "could have been killed", "could have broken his neck" ?? Dont make me laugh.

kietotheworld

Lucky to be alive is a serious exaggeration, 99 times out of 100 the players get out of that with no serious injury but it was still a fecking outrageous thing to do if it was intentional. A jail sentence would be in order, let alone a 3 game ban.

TheReligion

Abusive
What kind of world do some of you people live in, thinking a football can possible do serious harm to a human's neck?

Ridiculous rant from SAF :lol:

It was a cnutish thing to do regardless of possible harm, Williams should have been sent off, but "serious injury", "could have been killed", "could have broken his neck" ?? Dont make me laugh.
You don't have a clue do you?

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Alan smith......ball.......broken leg

Of course it could have done damage, at that proximity and full power
That ball never even hit the leg he broke. He broke the other leg by landing awkwardly, its just a myth that Riise's shot was the cause of the injury.

If players' legs could break by being hit by a ball we would get multiple injuries every season because of it. And people would break their necks and legs in every single full contact sport.

It was a red card for being a cnut, the same way its a red card when a player kicks out at another in anger. In no way was that a dangerous situation. At worst he could have gotten a light concussion.

TheReligion

Abusive
How? Ive said its a red card for cnutish behavior. Do you want to backtrack from the "could have been seriously injured" storyline?
Just because there are no examples of a football impact causing serious injury doesn't mean it can't happen now does it?

It doesn't take a great deal of impact on the head to cause concussion which in itself can be dangerous. Even mild head trauma can result in death. Fergie may be being a tad OTT but he isn't far wrong in what he is saying.

kps88

Anyone think the FA are actually going to charge him? I highly doubt it.