Premier League Festive Season (Gameweek 18-20)

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
It doesn't have to be a wrestling move to be violent conduct. It was not accidental. It's beyond naive to think it was.
Other way around and the player is rolling on the floor that is why there is no punishment

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Other way around and the player is rolling on the floor that is why there is no punishment
and Villa should have had two or three pens that weren't given. Swings and roundabouts in the PL with VAR. Merry Christmas.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Disagree I guess. SHU pass the ball between them and move forward to counter attack. They get stopped. Imagine the ref did see the situation with the GK and decided to not whistle and leave it as an advantage. He would never go back 15 seconds to still call the foul.

AVL get screwed here big time. Goal should have stood and a penalty given.
Agree to disagree here, for me VAR did it's job.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
and Villa should have had two or three pens that weren't given. Swings and roundabouts in the PL with VAR. Merry Christmas.
PL corrupt protests from Everton… Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

Oranges038

Up and away but across the other persons face? Do you realize up and away would have been to his right, away from the other player.

According to some it was a gush of wind.

Sheffield or Aston villa?

I had a weird instinct to put a small bet on Sheffield, I’ve never done that at all but I’m sure happy I didn’t!

is it even allowed to talk about that stuff on here?
Villa.

Clear penalty denied and the goal disallowed for the most dubious of fouls on the keeper.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's bad. Garnacho tore him a new one in the league cup last year.
Think we'd have moved Konsa back to RB regardless. Konsa is one of best CBs for one on ones as he is expert at moving his body in and winning ball/drawing the foul so better fit as we'll be more conservative and need to nullify Garnacho.

Chuckling reading through all these views on the VAR, I too assumed given they had a chance to clear and we got the ball back it was a different phase so don't really get why they were checking on potential infringement.

Was in Holte End and no-one had a clue what was up with the goal and then it was quickly shown on the big screen and loads of boos given how soft it looked. Pretty sure the Zaniolo goal was looked at aswell?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This game has late 88th min Bruno deflected goal written all over it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
United's attack is coma inducing. They are so meh going forward.
Our biggest sin this past decade isn't being rubbish. It's being boring. I always think back to that quote from Sir Matt Busby about how he felt it was their duty to entertain the fans on the weekend after a hard weeks work. It wasn't just about winning.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
United need a striker no? The new guy hasn’t scored in the league and Rashford is finished? Unless it’s the service.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
This game has late 88th min Bruno deflected goal written all over it.
Yep and that’s when it’s time to get my xmas haircut. Im hoping to keep my hair for another 20 min

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Surely two defenders should not be beaten by one man when it's not someone like a prime Messi or prime Ronaldo (both Ronaldos). Unfortunate turnover by Mainoo but I'd have wagered two defenders in immediate vicinity should have dealt with one attacker.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Poor Mainoo. Big learning curve this. Shit happens. Kid is super talented. He will have to learn now to deal with the ups and downs of football.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Bit of a boring game, even with those 2 goals. Spurs-Everton should be fun before the big one !

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
People will point to Bowen, Kudus and Paqueta as the difference makers in the match. For me the cat like reflexes of Zouma are what made the back line impenetrable.

FerociousCorgis

There was no advantage haha. Just because team still has the ball doesn't mean there was an advantage. Horrible from the ref

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Good goal that. Spurs supporters must have whiplash going from the likes of Mourinho and Conte to this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:( we still have these annoying games where miss every chance and then the other team takes their chances. Rubbish.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Exactly. And they play like this week in week out regardless of their personnel. But ETH needs the right conditions to play the style of football he wants whatever the feck that is.
Been saying this for a while. Too many excuses are being made for him.

RVN1991

That Big Ange guy turned out to be a total fraud. Definitely not the master tactician our bald genius is.