Premier League fixtures - April 8th-10th

PoTMS

These cnuts should be below Everton - they've been unbelievably lucky/flukey this season but their luck has finally run out. Definitely the worst team out of the top 7.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Thanks guys for the answers.

I'm really surprised. Arsenal are usually so strong towards the end of the season and especially when 4th is in danger.

I wonder if the players have downed tools..
I think they have given up. The second half performance tells you that. Clearly not bothered anymore.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal fans are really having a civil war. There is an Arsenal fan community I know they fiercely discuss everyday with half of them want Wenger out and half want him to stay regardless Arsenal finishing in top 4 or not. The latter believe Arsenal is Arsene Wenger and he build the club so that they have to stay loyal to him and that if Wenger out, Arsenal could turn into another United who is struggling to finish top 4 and so on ...

Well, people are different. We respect their opinions but they are really, really in a civil war now :D
After tonight he can't stay. That was a diabolical second half. They didn't even have a shot on target that second half. Arsenal fan TV and chill tonight.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Thanks guys for the answers.

I'm really surprised. Arsenal are usually so strong towards the end of the season and especially when 4th is in danger.

I wonder if the players have downed tools..
It's been noticed since the 10-2 drubbing by Munich. The players aren't responding to the manager and he's lost the ability to motivate his team. In management classes we learn that's usually a sign that you need to be replaced.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I think they have given up. The second half performance tells you that. Clearly not bothered anymore.
I just had a look and Palace were only leading by 1 at half time. Can't believe they'd give up with a whole 45 mins left to play. That's a pretty shit attitude..

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What if not being in CL next season means you have a chance to have crack at the title?

You had better loose all your remaining games to stay out of Eurpa league
Don't think we are gonna lose the lead we have on WBA, tbh :D.
But if Wenger stayed we couldn't simply take advantage of not playing in Europe next season.

Ban

There was a poster who claimed that we shouldn't laugh at them cause they're better and are in a better situation. Well guess what, they're in a much worse situation right now and we can laugh at them all we want.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Lads, it's Arsenal.
The problem is far worse now. During this time they're usually on a good run and picking up late form for their normal race to the Champions League spots. The players have obviously stop responding to him and it seems like they want him gone as well. It's a sad ending to long career as a manager but he's brought this on himself. After that 2015 FA Cup win he should have left.

Jazz

It's been noticed since the 10-2 drubbing by Munich. The players aren't responding to the manager and he's lost the ability to motivate his team. In management classes we learn that's usually a sign that you need to be replaced.
Well in light of that, surely the board won't renew his contract? That's just asking for trouble I think..

El Zoido

Arsenal have lost 8 games this season and they're still only three points behind us.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
There's no chance Wenger is staying. Neither he nor the board are blind to the fans reaction right now.

AlwaysRed66

One thing that I have learnt in the last couple of seasons, which is against everything I had been taught about football, is the meaningless of possession. Match after match we have various teams lording possession & easily losing. It is what you do with the ball not how much you have of it.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Well in light of that, surely the board won't renew his contract? That's just asking for trouble I think..
They're beholden to him. There's no way they'd sack him after 20+ years of service to the club and also for the simple fact of what he's done for them. I think they want him gone but they're too cushy in their board seats and scared of change. A new manager may also risk spilling his guts on what's going on at board level. I don't think Wenger is entirely to blame for what's happening at Arsenal FC but I think he's encouraged the culture of mediocrity since they've moved from a fan based club to a commercial entity.

Jazz

They're beholden to him. There's no way they'd sack him after 20+ years of service to the club and also for the simple fact of what he's done for them. I think they want him gone but they're too cushy in their board seats and scared of change. A new manager may also risk spilling his guts on what's going on at board level. I don't think Wenger is entirely to blame for what's happening at Arsenal FC but I think he's encouraged the culture of mediocrity since they've moved from a fan based club to a commercial entity.
I see. Reckon they'll have to spend a hell of a lot of money this summer if he stays. Fans will be pissed, so he can't penny pinch. Who knows, it might be the kick up the backside the club and Wenger needs to improve things.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Same old Arsenal...always losing!

Same old Arsenal...always losing!

The implosion will be complete this season! That team should be ashamed of themselves.

Not sure who are worse, them or Leicester??

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
The same thing thats happened to the fans is happening to the players. They were sold a dream of competing for the league and winning trophies but it's been deja vu for so many seasons now they cba anymore. They cant be bothered to get top 4 and continue the same season every year.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I see. Reckon they'll have to spend a hell of a lot of money this summer if he stays. Fans will be pissed, so he can't penny pinch. Who knows, it might be the kick up the backside the club and Wenger needs to improve things.
Arsene won't win the league with Messi. It's not the players entirely...it's him. If you look at how they played today an amateur manager could have beaten them. Pack the midfield, hold the shape, wait for their mistakes, counter, score. Rinse and repeat. It's been the same poor defensive tactics and overall mistakes since he's been there.

Jazz

Arsene won't win the league with Messi. It's not the players entirely...it's him. If you look at how they played today an amateur manager could have beaten them. Pack the midfield, hold the shape, wait for their mistakes, counter, score. Rinse and repeat. It's been the same poor defensive tactics and overall mistakes since he's been there.
Hasn't there been talk of him getting in new coaches? Maybe that might help.

Of course, it depends on how much he delegates to them.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Hasn't there been talk of him getting in new coaches? Maybe that might help.

Of course, it depends on how much he delegates to them.
How many previous Arsenal players have actually worked with Wenger long term? The answer to that question would give you an insight on the kind of person he is. Arteta, Henry, Viera, Bergkamp, Tony Adams...the list goes on. These are players who without a doubt love Arsenal FC but for some reason they're unable to work WITH the manager who made them into the household names they are. It's no secret he likes things his way ONLY.