Premier League Gameweek 1 + Midweek EFL

ti vu

Irrespective of our own preseason, Liverpool being sloppy is only a good thing.
With this kind of pre season under this circumstances, Liverpool being sloppy is expected. Them getting result in and playing into form before is advantage, where as they can find breathing space, while we and City would head into a congested schedule. Us being not sloppy when our season kick start would be a surprise.

Offsideagain

It was 21 years and a day since United scored three away at Liverpool. Leeds managed it by pressing like hell for 80 odd minutes. Lots of players with the Topknot and dazzling white teeth, an identikit football team, Leeds. Maguire will struggle against their pace, so we best keep the ball away from them when we entertain them.

Lee565

Leeds games will be fun to watch this season that's for sure.

EwanI Ted

With this kind of pre season under this circumstances, Liverpool being sloppy is expected. Them getting result in and playing into form before is advantage, where as they can find breathing space, while we and City would head into a congested schedule. Us being not sloppy when our season kick start would be a surprise.
Yes but it’s still better than them starting well. Not sure why you’re so desperate to find a downside.

ti vu

Yes but it’s still better than them starting well. Not sure why you’re so desperate to find a downside.
I don't see the point about that's they're not starting well.

Winning opening games is all that matters. We under SAF many times starting the season off the pace.

And that what they did. I see in from a perspective that it was a missed chance for them to lose some points when they're off the pace, hence the disappointment. Others share similar view. Just scroll up and see.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Clearly you can elbow someone if it's early on!

How was that not a booking at least!

Deery

Dreary
Martinez has gone to Villa £16m fecking insane money

Sorry I know wrong thread

Nickelodeon

Martinez has gone to Villa £16m fecking insane money

Sorry I know wrong thread
Another point not meant for this thread. Why are Burnley so poor? How come they don’t spend anything despite being in the PL for so long. How come the TV money is making everyone rich but not them?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Another point not meant for this thread. Why are Burnley so poor? How come they don’t spend anything despite being in the PL for so long. How come the TV money is making everyone rich but not them?
Didn't the manager hint at that. Why they were letting contracts running down etc.

matys

Stupid tackle from Hayden, should have elbow him instead to get away with card

EwanI Ted

I don't see the point about that's they're not starting well.

Winning opening games is all that matters. We under SAF many times starting the season off the pace.

And that what they did. I see in from a perspective that it was a missed chance for them to lose some points when they're off the pace, hence the disappointment. Others share similar view. Just scroll up and see.
Liverpool are champions and they're at home to a newly promoted team. What were you expecting from this game?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If only he had end product...

It appears to be a club policy to keep the spending low. When you are promoted, contracted costs are likely to increase immediately but the money takes a while to filter through. So Burnley do appear to have some money but they run a tight ship.
Which is why Burnley have done remarkably well.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is there no Liverpool thread for this season? Looked, could't find one.

ti vu

Liverpool are champions and they're at home to a newly promoted team. What were you expecting from this game?
Empty stadium. Every season starts with 0 points, so Leeds had nothing to lose but give it their best go. The way the game went, Liverpool was there to drop the points, but then Liverpool got the victory. That's the point being.

Being sloppy in first week, even first couple months, doesn't really matter one bit.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is there no Liverpool thread for this season? Looked, could't find one.
I started last years one. If I start this seasons thread and we win the league again I’m a goner.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I started last years one. If I start this seasons thread and we win the league again I’m a goner.
:lol: Mods here are not Nazi. At the most, they either change your username, or add Uruguayan terms of endorsement under username.

EwanI Ted

Empty stadium. Every season starts with 0 points, so Leeds had nothing to lose but give it their best go. The way the game went, Liverpool was there to drop the points, but then Liverpool got the victory. That's the point being.

Being sloppy in first week, even first couple months, doesn't really matter one bit.
It does if they drop points. And they're more likely to do that if they're playing sloppily.

No Love

Poacher’s effort. If Pippo Inzaghi scored that he’d still be celebrating and probably close to tears at the corner flag.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Declan Rice is having a mare. WHU wanting 80 Million for him, seriously?

Dante

Average bang
The could have gotten an easy 25m from us though
Barcelona want €1bn for Messi, even though he isn't worth close to that right now.

Sometimes asking prices are set at prohibitive levels in order to put off buying clubs.

Newcastle see their future in the Longstaff brothers as local products. If you want to be cynical about it, it's a marketing opportunity worth more to them than the transfer fee.

diarm

What would've happened to Hendrick there if that had been retrospectively awarded a penalty and a yellow card? Would he be sent off even though the "first yellow card" actually happened after the "second yellow card" which technically never happened because play was called back?