Premier League Gameweek 1 + Midweek EFL

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Back to back title titles for these wankers coming up. While scraping past 15 games in a row again by a single goal.
If they keep defending like that they certainly won't be winning every game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had a sinking feeling remembering that other time they beat Leeds 4-3!

EwanI Ted

I thought both teams were very sloppy. Liverpool looked dangerous in spells but never looked controlled. Leeds were comedy at the back. Could be due to the lack of preseason for both teams but definitely encouraging for us in terms of Liverpools performance.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
OK, when does Liverpool's deal with the devil end? I mean, it's crazy that when it was 3-3 everyone knew what would happen? Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but I'm not sure there has ever been a run like this in football history.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's fecking baloney. You wake up in the morning, vaguely optimistic. New season, clean slate, and then this. Wouldn't surprise me if I woke up tomorrow morning and I'm Bill Murray.
Don't have expectations. Much easier that way. Their 20th is a done deal. feck off Pl season 20/21.

always_hoping

As you were with Liverpool, didn't play well grabbed a winner late on through a penalty. That routine will continue for numerous games this season best not to be surprised by it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
As you were with Liverpool, didn't play well grabbed a winner late on through a penalty. That routine will continue for numerous games this season best not to be surprised by it.
We’ve turned into RAWK is the real headline.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
OK, when does Liverpool's deal with the devil end? I mean, it's crazy that when it was 3-3 everyone knew what would happen? Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but I'm not sure there has ever been a run like this in football history.
They can’t defend & rely heavily on luck, referee decisions & never getting injuries. If any one of the 3 run out this season they’ll be in trouble.

matys

Next two games for Pool are against Chelsea and Arsenal, if they grab six points from them then I'm officially worried they're about to copy last season.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Liverpool looked like they were still on holiday. The number of chances they wasted with stupid extra passes or little flicks to nowhere.

Needed a Rush/Dalglish clinical striker type and they could have had 6/7.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I see that Liverpool worked on diving again. They tried to win penalty couple of times (not talking about last pen. That was clear and stupid as it goes).

Josh 76

Next two games for Pool are against Chelsea and Arsenal, if they grab six points from them then I'm officially worried they're about to copy last season.
Title will be wrapped up in September.

marktan

Why are Newcasttle playing Andy Carrol and Calum Wilson up front? 4-4-2? Or Almiron not fit? Even Joe Linton on the wing would've been better.

ti vu

I thought both teams were very sloppy. Liverpool looked dangerous in spells but never looked controlled. Leeds were comedy at the back. Could be due to the lack of preseason for both teams but definitely encouraging for us in terms of Liverpools performance.
I don't see how is it encouraging for us. It's not like we would be well prepped for the season. In reality we're to play catch up, and the different circumstances regarding our players Pogba MaGuire Wan Bissaka... ain't helping the preparation.

Bielsa can set up his team to have a go at Pep's Barcelona, so this Liverpool team couldn't contain Bielsa Leeds ain't something of a surprise tactical wise. Liverpool and Bielsa teams were a mess at the back when being out under pressure is not something new. How and how many team would be able to do that is another matter!

If Leeds had taken points off this Liverpool team, then I can understand the optimism. They get the results until playing into form is a bitch of an emotion

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Hope they keep worshipping this dead don & don’t get a genuinely class striker while their on top.

If you don’t improve when you’re on top, you don’t stay on top. They could easily upgrade on Gomez, Henderson/Wijnaldum & Firmino. Hopefully they persist with them.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I’ll take that but not easy. I hate this basketball type play when we take the lead, we can’t seem to take our chances to finish off the game. The reply from the other team always looks like it’s coming. Lot of players under par today Trent, Gomez, Firmino. Matip with VVD is the better partnership right now, Gomez has been off it for months, and Firmino is getting away with his performances because there’s no one to challenge him. We need another attacker.

EwanI Ted

I don't see how is it encouraging for us. It's not like we would be well prepped for the season. In reality we're to play catch up, and the different circumstances regarding our players Pogba MaGuire Wan Bissaka... ain't helping the preparation.

Bielsa can set up his team to have a go at Pep's Barcelona, so this Liverpool team couldn't contain Bielsa Leeds ain't something of a surprise tactical wise. Liverpool and Bielsa teams were a mess at the back when being out under pressure is not something new. How and how many team would be able to do that is another matter!
Irrespective of our own preseason, Liverpool being sloppy is only a good thing.

El Zoido

United had something similar, it’s a bit of luck combined with good attacking play and belief. Reckon they’ll have a hard time defending their title though.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

United had something similar, it’s a bit of luck combined with good attacking play and belief. Reckon they’ll have a hard time defending their title though.
They have a hard time defending a lead, so defending a title is gonna be a formidable task.

United Hobbit

I have Salah captained, Van Dijk, Willian & Aubameyang :cool:
I dont like you ;)

I considered Willian but was priced out of him.

Werner was my captain until I switched to Mane as thought he would get me more points per goal...

Im sure Mane will score a hattrick next week as my plan is to swap him for KBD

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Liverpool should have scored 10 despite being rubbish. I'm not sure why all this adulation for Beisla. If you ignore the balance of the team be ready for losses on most days despite scoring plenty. This game will be an embarrassment for both teams amongst the coaches.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
What? No Klopp interview: blah, mentality monsters, fake laugh, blah, ja ja for suuree, United had penalties so we can have them too, ahahahah, blah

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Liverpool should have scored 10 despite being rubbish. I'm not sure why all this adulation for Beisla. If you ignore the balance of the team be ready for losses on most days despite scoring plenty. This game is internally amongst the staff will be an embarrassment for both teams.
Agree with this