Premier League Gameweek 1

Vapor trail

Why the match highlights aren't on YouTube from sky or bt ? Overseas at the moment can't watch live games.

Eplel

I have a good feeling about Wet Spam taking points from city tomorrow, anyone with me?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It must be nice living in a echo chamber.

I don't want to derail this thread, but there is plenty of evidence that the vaccines cause a lot of harm. If you want to we can continue in the general discussion thread.
There is literally no credible evidence, but feel free to attempt to provide something for me to debunk - I'm a few years removed from my PhD in microbiology, immunology, and inflammation but I'm happy to give you a shot to present your findings.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
There is absolutely 0 evidence that the vaccine offers any protection against covid. Yet there is more and more evidence that it does more harm than good.

Oh well, might as well label it as a conspiracy theory.
There is overwhelming evidence that covid vaccines reduce infections and massively reduce serious disease. Or is the sudden huge decrease in death rate merely a coincidence actually caused by .... reason?

And nothing is totally harm free but any harm caused by vaccines are minuscule in comparison to the benefits.

Last edited:

NoPace

Palhinha was a top signing and Mitrovic at a great level.
I don't understand why we didn't just sell McTominay to whatever Prem team wanted him for 20M pounds and use the money to get Palhinha, a giant bastard of a DM who's decent on the ball. Even if he didn't start every game he'd give us the option of having a proper DM. Only 18 months older, which is basically one season older than McTominay too.

Thom Merrilin

Just watching the Chelsea vs Everton highlights now. Does anyone else think the pen was basically a dive? Sure Doucoure grabs Chilwell's shoulder but theres no way it's enough to pull him to the ground. You can actually see the moment he decides to flop.

If that's a penalty then there should be a penalty or freekick every time a corner is whipped in. I know this isn't a revolutionary thought, this instance just really bugged me.

croadyman

Would have been buzzing with scousers drawing before the game, however after Fulham led twice feel a bit disappointed

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
I'm sure you think the same applies for Jesus and Zinchenko not being in this magical system anymore...
Huh? both have looked good thanks, particularly Jesus - who has looked superb so far, but thanks for your concern buddy. ;)

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Bloody hell those numbers for Luis Muriel were good on the sky sports graphic.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
defence still looks poor. Far too early to really judge though. No one will ever convince me Maguire is top drawer

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I would absolutely love to have Graham Potter at Arsenal

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I would absolutely love to have Graham Potter at Arsenal
I think that's the perfect 'top' club for him unless Pep leaves City. I think with your collection of young players though he could genuinely threaten that top 2.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I think that's the perfect 'top' club for him unless Pep leaves City. I think with your collection of young players though he could genuinely threaten that top 2.
Yeah, our squad would be perfect for him. We'd definitely play better football than we currently do.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Gotta say this takes some of the sting away from yesterday although I think ETH will get it right if he has that ruthless streak in him which I think he does.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This Ajax United experiment is off to a rough start. Who knew a 5’9” CB would get bullied in the Prem?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This Ajax United experiment is off to a rough start. Who knew a 5’9” CB would get bullied in the Prem?
Out of all seven of the keeper, the back four and the two sitting midfielders, he's exactly in last place for blame for this shitshow. But yes mate, we're losing because Martinez isn't a couple of inches taller.

Walters_19_MuFc

Thing is, Liverpool could, and should have, gone 2 goals down to Fulham, but football I guess.

We need to step it up second half and grab an early goal.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Out of all seven of the keeper, the back four and the two sitting midfielders, he's exactly in last place for blame for this shitshow. But yes mate, we're losing because Martinez isn't a couple of inches taller.
He is having a rough go, they just bullied him off the ball and then he got a yellow card for grabbing to stop a breakaway counter. Spin it however you want.

Hoof the ball

Haven't seen this many people get triggered in a football related thread since Fridge Chutney was posting championship transfers. Carry on boys, and don't let these "blips" in reality make you question what is going on. Everything is fine and everyone that questions this otherwise is a crazy conspiracy nutter that thinks dinosaurs aren't real and the Earth is flat.
I'd probably cross back the other side of the Rubicon, mate.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He is having a rough go, they just bullied him off the ball and then he got a yellow card for grabbing to stop a breakaway counter. Spin it however you want.
Yes, he held onto the ball too long because he's too short. That's right, Paul Merson.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tevez was 5'6" but bullied most players he came up against. Height has nothing to do with being 'bullied'.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The atmosphere in the ground feels so toxic holy feck :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
pen all day. Martinez can only get better, he hasn't looked great. First game though, unfair to judge properly

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's a fecking joke. If the foul by Doucoure y/day was a penalty then so is that. Nice to see we are starting the season with no consistency again. :houllier:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Ref don't want to kill this game so just ignores the rules. Classic.