Premier League Gameweek 11-13

cyberman

Rashford v Everton took 3x as long to score from yet the definition of immediate seems to have change.
Are handballs not given if a goal is scored? Can you hand the ball with impunity if the ref didn’t see it?

KjaAnd

What the feck is going on? That was a clear handball in the build-up. How was Rashford's goal the other week disallowed when this is allowed to stand? I thought they implemented zero tolerance in the build-up?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Hang on…the handball if it clips the hand accidentally but directly leading to a goal is one thing. But that was handball under any definition - therefore a foul? What the feck is going on? If someone picked the ball up and threw it to someone to head in it would be fecking handball regardless of it it was directly leading to a goal. Sky are talking bollocks.

CallyRed

i think var is as shit as the next person but i think that’s the right call. it’s definitely handball but think of those defenceless animals getting a fecking battering later if they’d taken that off zouma.

Definitely was going to take it out on a pussy later if it got disallowed

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nonsense that goal was given, Kehrer was playing volleyball.

Surely they didn't allow it due to it being a different phase of play, they scored three seconds after he handled it.

Thom Merrilin

Good to see people still booing the animal abuser.

I suppose the argument it isn't handball is that his arms are tucked into his body? If a defender had his arms like that and a winger blasted an attempted cross into them I'd be annoyed at a pen being called.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Nonsense that goal was given, Kehrer was playing volleyball.

Surely they didn't allow it due to it being a different phase of play, they scored three seconds after he handled it.
Phase of play only comes into it when it’s an accidental handball that isn’t otherwise handball - hence rashford’s one that’s taken 4 deflections and grazed his arm. That’s handball regardless as he’s moved his hand unnaturally to the ball.

cyberman

Good to see people still booing the animal abuser.

I suppose the argument it isn't handball is that his arms are tucked into his body? If a defender had his arms like that and a winger blasted an attempted cross into them I'd be annoyed at a pen being called.
I think it’s Zooooooma not boos

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Phase of play only comes into it when it’s an accidental handball that isn’t otherwise handball - hence rashford’s one that’s taken 4 deflections and grazed his arm. That’s handball regardless as he’s moved his hand unnaturally to the ball.
he’s shovelled it around the corner. it’s the worst var decision i have seen since the last one just yesterday.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Scamacca did Lerma a huge favour there. Could have been a different colour that card.

cyberman

Thought it couldn’t be a pen if the defender is on the way down to block a shot?

Anustart89

Why's VAR stopping the image to see how high the arm is when the ball is struck? Surely he should be looking at the height at the point of impact? Moron

Anustart89

West Ham player halfway to the goal line as that's struck. Let's see if they call that back.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why's VAR stopping the image to see how high the arm is when the ball is struck? Surely he should be looking at the height at the point of impact? Moron
Can't believe they only gave that angle on the VAR monitor check, how can anyone be 100% sure it's deliberate handball from viewing that side?

This ref has been hopeless and another game where VAR hasn't helped. Goal should've been ruled out and if that gets referred then the Bournemouth shout ten minutes earlier should've been.

West Ham getting pretty lucky with decisions when you remember how they beat Fulham a few weeks back.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
West Ham ensuring we’re always playing teams in the top 10.

Copa Mundial

Handball decisions are now just a total lottery!

Attacker handballs it, its play on. Defender handballs it, it's a penalty. No logic whatsoever!

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
West Ham must have had the most VAR decisions go their way in Europe since its inception.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
VAR bullshit every week. I thought the idea of scrapping it was farcical but it really needs to go.