Premier League Gameweek 11

Oranges038

Wow, I just saw that forearm/elbow from Guimares. Seriously how did they miss that? What is going on with these horrible referees?!
Did you see Palhinha's last week? Straight in with the knee and a forearm to the jaw on Gross, should have been off, then scores a goal.

It's obvious they just go looking for issues when they feel like it. Clear and obvious means something different every game.

Widow

Same as the City love in.

Gotta make sure you get on that sweet payroll.
At least City are good, though it pains me to say it.

The Newcastle/Eddie Howe love-in is weird. They're doing ok. That's it.
Totally agree. They got the win today but I thought the ball was over the line and Gordon, who is bang average BTW, was offside!

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
Really good defensive performance from us, the attacking was pretty much as disjointed as you'd expect given that we're relying on the likes of Wilson to play basically every week due to injuries.

Both teams were lucky to finish with 11. Harvetz could've went, he was lucky not to get a second yellow for the follow through on Wilson. Bruno certainly should've been off for me, he needs to chill, but having said that he's one of those players who needs that edge to his game.

Was Saka even on the pitch in the second half? Trippier tucked him away neatly in the opposite pocket to M'Bappe. Livramento made light work of Martinelli too... What a player he is going to be btw - three (substantial) appearances so far and he's bossed Grealish, Garnacho and Martinelli. He looks seriously impressive.

Joelinton - beast. Lascelles and Schar - beasts. The latter has been unreal all season, doesn't get anywhere near enough credit.

Really tough season for us so far, and it will only get harder, but a great time to be a Newcastle fan nonetheless. So good to have a team full of players who have so much desire and spirit.

Reactions: Niall

Oranges038

Totally agree. They got the win today but I thought the ball was over the line and Gordon, who is bang average BTW, was offside!
Aye, Newcastle will never be a good team to watch. Even though City play good football, I iust can't watch it with any appreciation, it's probably down to the cheating.

Dominos

The Newcastle/Eddie Howe love-in is weird. They're doing ok. That's it.
They have the highest xG in the league and 2nd in xGA.

+16 GD while we're on -4.

Their performance levels are lightyears ahead of ours despite the moderate gap in points.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Arteta’s post match interview meltdown was a thing of beauty. :drool: He said everything I wish EtH would say. Now, I wonder whether he gets an apology or a charge for his comments.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle

Gordon is absolutely not bang average. Been one of our best players this season, if not our best. 8 starts, 4 goals, 2 assists and absolutely relentless off the ball running. He's one of the most unselfish players I've seen play for us.

Blood Mage

What a coincidence that two clubs owned by totalitarian mega rich states get so many questionable decisions in their favour.

Feck Newcastle, shit club with cnut fans who think they have some kind of rivalry with us because they nearly beat us to the league once until their shit manager had a meltdown.

Widow

Gordon is absolutely not bang average. Been one of our best players this season, if not our best. 8 starts, 4 goals, 2 assists and absolutely relentless off the ball running. He's one of the most unselfish players I've seen play for us.
He's not all that. He struggles to put a pass together and just runs around like a headless chicken, bang average!

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Can’t believe how shit Arsenal are, they’ve spent close to £500m and still shit.

Frank Grimes

What a coincidence that two clubs owned by totalitarian mega rich states get so many questionable decisions in their favour.

Feck Newcastle, shit club with cnut fans who think they have some kind of rivalry with us because they nearly beat us to the league once until their shit manager had a meltdown.
Yeah dumb fans who completely sold their soul to literal murderers.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
He's not all that. He struggles to put a pass together and just runs around like a headless chicken, bang average!
As someone who watches him week in week out, I can't agree. He's the kind of player who you hate when he plays for the opposition, but when he's in your colours you see his value. When you watch him from the stands in particular, his movement and workrate are second to none, he's the perfect fit for our high press.

Widow

As someone who watches him week in week out, I can't agree. He's the kind of player who you hate when he plays for the opposition, but when he's in your colours you see his value. When you watch him from the stands in particular, his movement and workrate are second to none, he's the perfect fit for our high press.
I've seen enough lately as Sky are ramming your shite hole of a club down our throats. I'm not a fan but I don't have to be, as you've said, you're happy with him.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
I've seen enough lately as Sky are ramming your shite hole of a club down our throats. I'm not a fan but I don't have to be, as you've said, you're happy with him.
"Shite hole of a club" suggests you aren't exactly judging from an unbiased perspective.

I agree that we've been on TV too much though.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Annoying how teams get decisions we don’t! The inconsistency is a joke! We’ve been denied so many points by crap decisions. The goal against Brighton. The one against Arsenal where Garnacho was on.

Widow

"Shite hole of a club" suggests you aren't exactly judging from an unbiased perspective.

I agree that we've been on TV too much though.
Call it as I see it.

Maybe a little crass but following the sale of the club to a regime that kills people for loving the same sex, I don't believe your lot deserve anything else. Your fans contribute massively as they get overly defensive at the mention of human rights abusers.

A despicable Club

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Before living in the UK, I never understood how someone can dislike Newcastle (and Liverpool actually but knew they were our biggest rivals).

Newcastle got relegated right after me moving there but nowadays it's easy to see why others dislike the Geordies. They're like a Lidl version of Liverpool - deluded, entitled and with a crazy amount of love-in from the media which is even crazier than the scousers, given they don't have many ex-players in media, except that human representation of vanilla called Jenas.

Widow

Before living in the UK, I never understood how someone can dislike Newcastle (and Liverpool actually but knew they were our biggest rivals).

Newcastle got relegated right after me moving there but nowadays it's easy to see why others dislike the Geordies. They're like a Lidl version of Liverpool - deluded, entitled and with a crazy amount of love-in from the media which is even crazier than the scousers, given they don't have many ex-players in media, except that human representation of vanilla called Jenas.
And those in the media call them a big club, even though they don't win anything but hey, they've got great support! Another clam made like every other clubs fans are of a lesser nature

Wengerista

Supports
Arsenal
Can’t believe how shit Arsenal are, they’ve spent close to £500m and still shit.
We're a real football club, not a plastic sportswashing operation that will never have the respect of onlookers regardless of what it 'wins', so I'd gladly take falling whole leagues below the club formerly known as Newcastle if that's what it takes to retain our integrity.

With that said, we were the better team today. VAR is the story of the season, the talking point of every weekend and something surely has to give soon.

TrailMonkey

Arteta’s post match interview meltdown was a thing of beauty. :drool: He said everything I wish EtH would say. Now, I wonder whether he gets an apology or a charge for his comments.
He was spot on IMO. Hope he does a Klopp and asks for the audio. Officiating in the PL is a farce, and the authorities appear to have no accountability.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We're a real football club, not a plastic sportswashing operation that will never have the respect of onlookers regardless of what it 'wins', so I'd gladly take falling whole leagues below the club formerly known as Newcastle if that's what it takes to retain our integrity.

With that said, we were the better team today. VAR is the story of the season, the talking point of every weekend and something surely has to give soon.
:lol:

I don't even know where to begin with this

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Joe Willock getting racist abuse from Arsenal fans, disgusting!!!

Sgreddevil

There's 4 or 5 yellow cards there. :lol:
If that was done by our players, I can be 99% sure a VAR review would ve initiated and 99% our player would be given a red. That is the issue of VAR as they have not been applied consistently. VAR officials can pick and choose when they want to apply a certain rule to the incident and when they can choose not to. This is similarly subjected to human judgment. We should just leave the job to referee. Any errors are just part of the game. Typical instance of too many chefs spoil the broth.

Victorian values

Supports
Linfield

With that said, we were the better team today. VAR is the story of the season, the talking point of every weekend and something surely has
to give soon.
Who was your top scorer when you won promotion to the top division?

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
Call it as I see it.

Maybe a little crass but following the sale of the club to a regime that kills people for loving the same sex, I don't believe your lot deserve anything else. Your fans contribute massively as they get overly defensive at the mention of human rights abusers.

A despicable Club
I'm no fan of our owners. However, if you expect me to down tools and stop supporting the club I've followed for 35 years, who play in a stadium I walk past every single day, then I can't for one minute believe you're a local fan of your own club, as you have a complete misunderstanding of the love of a football club.

Yes some fans get overly defensive on twitter and the likes, I'll agree with that. But it's a vocal minority, and mainly young'uns who have no understanding of the nuance of the situation. Most Newcastle fans are uncomfortable with the Saudi regime but support the club. Just as City fans do, Chelsea fans did, and Manchester United fans would have had their oil deal gone through.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle

Debatable that you were the better team, I can't remember Pope or Raya doing much at all - but at least Raya had one to pick out of his net.

You did a lot of side to side passing on the edge of our box, but had no cutting edge whatsoever. Saka and Martinelli were pocketed, and you had no plan B. Lots of corners too, but defending those is our bread and butter.

Widow

I'm no fan of our owners. However, if you expect me to down tools and stop supporting the club I've followed for 35 years, who play in a stadium I walk past every single day, then I can't for one minute believe you're a local fan of your own club, as you have a complete misunderstanding of the love of a football club.

Yes some fans get overly defensive on twitter and the likes, I'll agree with that. But it's a vocal minority, and mainly young'uns who have no understanding of the nuance of the situation. Most Newcastle fans are uncomfortable with the Saudi regime but support the club. Just as City fans do, Chelsea fans did, and Manchester United fans would have had their oil deal gone through.
What a load of tosh!

I've been a season ticket hold at OT for 35 years. Born and raised on Colley Street not 290 yards from the front gate! Don't understand supporting my local club? Unbelievable! You can use whatever excuses you want but the fact is you're doing exactly what your disgusting owners want you to do, sportswashing at it's finest!

To me, football is massive, it consumes a lot of my life. Not just United, I'll watch any game I can get but some things are bigger but hey, you do you and I'll keep on calling your club and supporters disgusting and desperate. Sold their souls for the prospect of silverware

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
What a load of tosh!

I've been a season ticket hold at OT for 35 years. Born and raised on Colley Street not 290 yards from the front gate! Don't understand supporting my local club? Unbelievable! You can use whatever excuses you want but the fact is you're doing exactly what your disgusting owners want you to do, sportswashing at it's finest!

To me, football is massive, it consumes a lot of my life. Not just United, I'll watch any game I can get but some things are bigger but hey, you do you and I'll keep on calling your club and supporters disgusting and desperate. Sold their souls for the prospect of silverware
It's easy to gatekeep from the outside looking in. But if you expect fans to down tools and just stop supporting their club based on who the owners are (something we get no say in whatsoever as you should know), then no, you just don't get it. Sorry. To me that's the definition of a plastic fan.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
It's easy to gatekeep from the outside looking in. But if you expect fans to down tools and just stop supporting their club based on who the owners are (something we get no say in whatsoever as you should know), then no, you just don't get it. Sorry. To me that's the definition of a plastic fan.
There are different levels of interaction. There was a period of time under our previous owner - a cockwomble called Fawaz - where my only interaction with Forest was to check the score at the end of the match. Fawaz thought it was a great idea to post a picture of him on Twitter posing with a Ram (Derby metaphor) he’d just shot in Africa. Fawaz was a prick but the Saudi’s are in a different league. Not subscribing to success at any cost doesn’t make you a plastic fan.