Premier League Gameweek 11

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
There are different levels of interaction. There was a period of time under our previous owner - a cockwomble called Fawaz - where my only interaction with Forest was to check the score at the end of the match. Fawaz thought it was a great idea to post a picture of him on Twitter posing with a Ram (Derby metaphor) he’d just shot in Africa. Fawaz was a prick but the Saudi’s are in a different league. Not subscribing to success at any cost doesn’t make you a plastic fan.
As I say, it's easy to say that unless you're in the same position. Forest doesn't compare, as the team weren't playing champions league football or winning premier league matches most weeks. It's easy to be apathetic when all the ingredients are there to allow for it.

I've been on the opposite side of this and said similar things about PSG fans, Chelsea, City... It's easy to make the comments from the outside looking in, it's different when it's your club. I've been a season ticket holder since I was 5, my dad was a season ticket holder since he was a kid, my grandad went to games since the 40s. Supporting the club is in my DNA.

I didn't drop the club during Ashley's ownership, despite him doing everything possible to breed apathy - from changing the stadium name, to plastering sponsorships all over it that brought in no revenue, to an almost 0 net spend over his tenure, to 2 relegations - we'd only been relegated 4 times before Ashley in over 100 years. But I kept going.

I want to be clear that I'm not comparing Ashley to the Saudis. My point is that the expectation that I'd suddenly drop the club when we're finally doing well, after years of deliberately-induced apathy, is nonsense, complete holier-than-thou stuff from people who, at least for the majority, wouldn't put it into practice if they were in the same circumstances. Our own government deal with the Saudis, in all likelihood you use websites that PIF have a stake in. Do you guys preach this stuff to fans of golf, or is that one okay because it isn't a rival football club?

The Saudi government are awful people. My allegiance is to Newcastle United, not KSA, MBS or PIF.

Widow

Forest doesn't compare
Forest is a bigger club than Newcastle!

Supporting the club is in my DNA.
As it is with 99% of supporters, you're not special in that regard.

I didn't drop the club during Ashley's ownership,
Totally different circumstances

Our own government deal with the Saudis, in all likelihood you use websites that PIF have a stake in. Do you guys preach this stuff to fans of golf, or is that one okay because it isn't a rival football club?
Confirmation bias.

The Saudi government are awful people. My allegiance is to Newcastle United, not KSA, MBS or PIF.
Unfortunately, they are now one of the same thing!

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
Forest is a bigger club than Newcastle!

As it is with 99% of supporters, you're not special in that regard.

Totally different circumstances

Confirmation bias.

Unfortunately, they are now one of the same thing!
Well, I hope for your sake that Sheikh Jasim doesn't come back in for your club. Going to be awkward when you have to support Liverpool to avoid looking like a hypocrite.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
As I say, it's easy to say that unless you're in the same position. Forest doesn't compare, as the team weren't playing champions league football or winning premier league matches most weeks. It's easy to be apathetic when all the ingredients are there to allow for it.

I've been on the opposite side of this and said similar things about PSG fans, Chelsea, City... It's easy to make the comments from the outside looking in, it's different when it's your club. I've been a season ticket holder since I was 5, my dad was a season ticket holder since he was a kid, my grandad went to games since the 40s. Supporting the club is in my DNA.

I didn't drop the club during Ashley's ownership, despite him doing everything possible to breed apathy - from changing the stadium name, to plastering sponsorships all over it that brought in no revenue, to an almost 0 net spend over his tenure, to 2 relegations - we'd only been relegated 4 times before Ashley in over 100 years. But I kept going.

I want to be clear that I'm not comparing Ashley to the Saudis. My point is that the expectation that I'd suddenly drop the club when we're finally doing well, after years of deliberately-induced apathy, is nonsense, complete holier-than-thou stuff from people who, at least for the majority, wouldn't put it into practice if they were in the same circumstances. Our own government deal with the Saudis, in all likelihood you use websites that PIF have a stake in. Do you guys preach this stuff to fans of golf, or is that one okay because it isn't a rival football club?

Ignoring the delusion about your club. It‘s called having principles. How can you enjoy any success when it’s bought with blood money? At least our European trophies were won on merit.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
433 / 4321- today. It’s going to be tricky with Awoniyi semi fit and no attacking options on the bench.

Vlachodimos
Aina - Niakhate - Murillo - Toff
Sangare - Mangala - Dominguez
MGW - Awoniyi- Elanga

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think Forest have a new keeper each time I watch them play.

Zen

I've got this on the USA Network - and the commentary was the biggest no-sell of that goal ever :lol:

Spark

Not to add to the general doom and gloom, but I genuinely don’t reckon we’re capable of starting as well against Villa than Forest have here.

Great start, Elanga lively.

Gazautd18

Elanga's been impressive for Forest.
Good job we got rid of him with the quality we have on our wings.

V.O.

Elanga's been impressive for Forest.
Good job we got rid of him with the quality we have on our wings.
For all the mistakes we might have made in the transfer window, getting 20m for a bottom half quality player who plays in about the only position on the pitch we were actually pretty stocked in isn't one of them.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
For all the mistakes we might have made in the transfer window, getting 20m for a bottom half quality player who plays in about the only position on the pitch we were actually pretty stocked in isn't one of them.
Even if he’d stayed, ETH would have found a reason to fall out with him

IrishRedDevil

Elanga is simply not good enough for a top team.

Can play for Forest, but the pressure and attention with United shirt is a totally different universe.

mu4c_20le

Interesting take, considering he has more goal contributions than all our wingers combined. And more assists this season so far than Antony's entire PL career.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Fair play lads getting a few Utd digs in as Forest play Villa.

V.O.

Interesting take, considering he has more goal contributions than all our wingers combined. And more assists this season so far than Antony's entire PL career.
So does Carlton Morris, I don't think he's the answer either, for what it's worth.

mu4c_20le

So does Carlton Morris, I don't think he's the answer either, for what it's worth.
If we had Morris on our books, I would've regret selling him for peanuts as well as he could've been a useful support for Hojlund.

cj_sparky

That looks offside, but it looked like the VAR line was drawn from Torres' inner arm rather than outer.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
We should be 4 nil up but for poor finishing and a Lino who missed his Spec Savers appointment

eire-red

In fairness, I do understand your point. I would find it hard to switch off something that is such a large part of my life just because something so external and out of my control.

However, I hate the notion of state ownership and the middle east money flooding into the game. I can't begrudge fans enjoying their club success, but I think it has forever tainted the integrity of the sport.

As to United ownership, I don't know what I would do if the Saudi's bought us. But with the direction that football is heading, I feel like it wouldn't matter as I have less interest in the sport with each passing season.

PSG, City, Newcastle and the Saudi craze with the like of Ronaldo, Mane, Henderson, Neves and even some young talents playing over there for money is the root cause of it. And it's valid for lovers of the game to call that out, disregarding the 'supporting your club element'.

JB7

If only he was half as good as he thinks he is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: