Premier League Gameweek 12

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We don't need Leicester players when will people understand. We just took their best defender and look no better, what makes you think their other players will come here and look better? We need the brains on the training ground first because you reproduce this football by repitition on the training ground. Rodgers is a very good coach and that's what good coaches do to their players.
Yep. This.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nope. Been there, done that.

We tried it with Shakespeare and it worked so well, we had to sack him mid-october 2017 after he was appointed as permanent manager a couple of months before that.
So you have infact done what United did previously and you have done exactly what you just said you wouldn't do. Right. :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I would say the £££ but even that's not enough of a draw anymore to join our shower, as shown by Dybala this summer
The reason the Dybala deal fell through was because of complications with his image rights, same reason the deal fell through with Spurs too.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
So Leicester's manager has been on the job for less time than Ole, they've sold their best player to us and they're playing great, sitting 2nd in the table and have twice as much points than us.

Let that fkin sink in, that's banging on the door.
He really, really wasn't.

About time for this urban myth to die.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
City really needs to win tomorrow. Things would get very interesting then with Leicester lurking..

Suedesi

I just hope we stay away from Maddison. Will cost too much for the quality he offers. He's a good player, but not world class by any means.

Guy Incognito

Didn’t utilise his forwards right at all running all over the place Özil playing central forward at times, Aubameyang pace not used and Lacasette miles from goal.
A 451 might of suited them better with Özil as. 10 and Aubameyang as a 9.
Yep. He seemed more interested in frustrating Leicester than play to his team's strengths.

Fracture90

Cant tell if you’re being sarcastic, but I’m a Maguire fan and still don’t think what you’re saying is in anyway true.
Suppose for the last season you could make a case for Chilwell but imo Maguire was their best player last season.

AlwaysRed66

What's is even worse is the fact that Man Utd, Spurs, & Arsenal have a plus 2 goal difference between them after 12 games, though we have still got to play our game. That is unreal.

Bulldog United

City really needs to win tomorrow. Things would get very interesting then with Leicester lurking..
I think it would ease a lot of my current pain if Rodgers was to beat his old club Liverpool and the Manchester Oilers to the title.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
So you have infact done what United did previously and you have done exactly what you just said you wouldn't do. Right. :lol:
Mate, we hire our own legends to sack them. Not a super-sub from another club, with no relevant CV, hired in one of the world's biggest club based only on that goal twenty years ago.

always_hoping

United will still be a point behind that awful Arsenal team with a win tomorrow. If that doesn't highlight how poorly United are doing nothing will. Leicester will remain 2nd as I expect Liverpool to win tomorrow.

Fracture90

A player with those qualities should be difficult to replace and leave a massive hole in the team. They have improved in every facet without him, stronger defensively, especially in transition defense against the counter which was a huge problem with Maguire at the back, better in possession and more penetrative in attack, with not that many additions.
Which just shows how bad they were last season. Also they have a better coach who had time to implement his ideas.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Last season Maddison wasn't this good at all. Vardy was in a slight slump as well.
Maddison was quality last season one of the most creative players in the league, he has stepped it up this season though, Vary scored 18 league goals last season by the way, although he wasn't doing well very early in the season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mate, we hire our own legends to sack them. Not a super-sub from another club, with no relevant CV, hired in one of the world's biggest club based only on that goal twenty years ago.
I'm not sure what planet you're on but you're getting all gobby about Ole being hired from caretaker to perm manager after a fantastic run when your club did exactly the same with Shakespeare..

You then declare your club would never do such a thing but you did. Doh.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So weird to see such a chasm between 4th and 5th already.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Rodgers does well with lower - mid level teams. Think you might make Europa this season.
Thanks mate, right back at you. I wish you all the best this season and hope we don't face each other next year then.

Suedesi

I'm not sure what planet you're on but you're getting all gobby about Ole being hired from caretaker to perm manager after a fantastic run when your club did exactly the same with Shakespeare..

He's getting quite literal, it's so funny.

el3mel

Even if we sign Maddison, with Ole training he will turn out like Pereira at best.

Fracture90

Maddison was quality last season one of the most creative players in the league, he has stepped it up this season though, Vary scored 18 league goals last season by the way, although he wasn't doing well very early in the season.
But both of them stepped up massively this season, they're completely different players now. Vardy has already scored 11 in 12 games, and Maddison is going nuclear.

Bobski

Which just shows how bad they were last season. Also they have a better coach who had time to implement his ideas.
Rodgers is an excellent coach, and no doubt his impact is substantial.

I have been watching Maguire closely for 3 years since the hype started and I just don't see it with him. His lack of pace, mobility and agility limits the teams options in how they play, his leadership qualities are vastly overstated and no team he has been part of look secure defensively. Yes, maybe I have built a bias against him due to the hype machine but I believe he has a huge amount still to prove, as a defender first and foremost. Does he make a team better defensively?

I would also point to Leicester fans saying that his form last year was poor, especially in the first few months after the WC.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But both of them stepped up massively this season, they're completely different players now. Vardy has already scored 11 in 12 games, and Maddison is going nuclear.
Agree Maddison is better, but for me he was also their best player last season and one of the best 10s in the league last season

Suedesi

Dude, enough, we get your point. We bought Leicester's best* player, and we're not playing as well as Leicester.

*not really according to 90% of the replies here

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Did Arsenal really "only" concede 19 shots? It felt like Leicester had that many in the second half alone.

TheReligion

Abusive
Did Arsenal really "only" concede 19 shots? It felt like Leicester had that many in the second half alone.
Arsenal are conceding ridiculous amounts of shots each game this season aren't they? Didn't Watford have 30+. Love to know the average.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Suppose for the last season you could make a case for Chilwell but imo Maguire was their best player last season.
Another Leicester fan here. I like to be nosy on opposition forums, but never normally post. But I've seen this (quite frankly, wrong) comment so many times it's finally broken me.

When you were in the process of signing Maguire last season, I saw quite a few Leicester fans on these forums post that he wasn't even our best defender. At the time, people seemed to take it as Leicester fans being bitter, but it was honestly true - Maguire might have looked good on MOTD, but Evans was by far the superior player last season. If you read Leicester forums last season, you'd have seen that was the general consensus from nearly all Leicester fans, even before the transfer hype around Maguire started.

In fact, I'd go as far to say he wasn't even our second best defender. If you asked me to rate our defenders last season, it would be Ricardo, Evans, Maguire then Chilwell. Maguire was great in the season before the world cup, and then he was our best player. But last season he certainly tailed off. Don't get me wrong - he was still good. But to say he was our most valuable player really shows a lack of knowledge about our team.

Ok - now I can slink back off into obscurity.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal are conceding ridiculous amounts of shots each game this season aren't they? Didn't Watford have 30+. Love to know the average.
I think after about 5 games they conceded the same amount of shots as Bolton in league one, who for perspective where playing 16/17 year olds due to financial difficulty.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

No, I actually fully agree with you, sorry if it came across otherwise. We did the very same mistake as you and he didn't even have Ole's awesome bounce. The only difference is that we sacked him swiftly, as we saw he wouldn't get us anywhere and we're nowhere near as having the same ambitions as yours.

Pagh Wraith

Arsenal 2019/20:

Shots: 11.73
Shots Against: 15.18

SoT: 4.82
SoT Against: 5.18

xG: 1.22
xG Against: 1.63

Averages, not including the Leicester game.