Premier League Gameweek 12

The Firestarter

Look at the intensity while being 2-0 up. There is a club playing the 'United way' but it's not Manchester United.

Untd55

Leicester look brilliant. Rodgers has completely transformed this team.

Perez and Tielemans have been great signings. They have also replaced Maguire instantly; heck, they actually look better without him.

Third-best team in the league for me. Defensively solid and great in attack. Could very well cause Liverpool and City problems for the title.

Looks like you don't need to make a team worse and have season upon season to improve a side.

Fracture90

Maguire really wasn't their best player, or most important, impactful or influential, however you wish to frame it. He was the most eye-catching, based on his buccaneering runs forward. Runs which as it turns out, and really should surprise few, are not that important when judging the value of a CB.
Ye, you keep telling that to yourself. Fact is he was their best, most influential and eye-catching player.

RUCK4444

You have to give it to Rodgers, he’s a feckin decent manager.

Does well everywhere he goes, takes very little time to get his teams playing well. I’ve always rated him tbh.

To be fair this Leicester team had the bones of a decent team before he got there, no stars but good young players in a lot of positions and he’s added to that well.

Difference between their players and ours is they have a bit of grit about them, I’ve never seen such a snowflake United team in all my life.

kidbob

We don't need Leicester players when will people understand. We just took their best defender and look no better, what makes you think their other players will come here and look better? We need the brains on the training ground first because you reproduce this football by repitition on the training ground. Rodgers is a very good coach and that's what good coaches do to their players.
Yep simple as this. We actually need a top DOF and coach more than new players. There is plenty of talent in our team that can be improved with better coaching. An improved Rashford, Martial and Pogba alone would be incredible for any side. It's about time we made the right call on a manager. I don't follow football enough to know of the perfect candidate but I imagine there is a couple of obvious ones out there.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Fantastic result for Leicester and the EPL. A blow from the perspective of Man Utd with the point difference from 4th place being extended to 12 points, and given that City will almost certainly finish higher than fourth, then the 12 on paper may actually be higher.

Suedesi

We don't need Leicester players when will people understand. We just took their best defender and look no better, what makes you think their other players will come here and look better? We need the brains on the training ground first because you reproduce this football by repitition on the training ground. Rodgers is a very good coach and that's what good coaches do to their players.
100%

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pretty sure Leicester would've preferred the free kick than the advantage there :lol:

Ye, you keep telling that to yourself. Fact is he was their best, most influential and eye-catching player.
They've replaced him easily with Soyoncu. Take Vardy out that team and they struggle hugely.

AlwaysRed66

The race is on to see who can get the wooden spoon out of Arse, Spurs & Us. I would put my money on Spurs at this point, though could easily change.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Love the 'Same old arsenal...' chant. Always a classic. :lol:

Deery

Dreary
Much closer game than I thought it'd be.
Didn’t utilise his forwards right at all running all over the place Özil playing central forward at times, Aubameyang pace not used and Lacasette miles from goal.
A 451 might of suited them better with Özil as. 10 and Aubameyang as a 9.

Superunknown

It must be really interesting to take part or watch the Leicester training sessions. They look very well drilled and they can pass the ball quickly and create space to really open teams up. In comparison, it always seems like our own players dwell on the ball for too long waiting for things to happen, whereas Leicester seem so well coached that it is more instinctive for them to move the ball on. Vardy must love playing in this team because he knows that they're just going to keep creating chance after chance for him.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I'm sure you would have given him the job if he'd gone on a 15 game winning streak.

Everyone seems to forget the circumstances of how he was appointed.
Nope. Been there, done that.

We tried it with Shakespeare and it worked so well, we had to sack him mid-october 2017 after he was appointed as permanent manager a couple of months before that.

buckooo1978

One of those players was slated on here mercilessly during his time with us.
Evans?

part of our record breaking clean sheet team at the time..... football fans can be ridiculous

Evans should still be at United

TheRedHearted

Wait, you might actually be onto something here...
Hehe. All recruiting and coaching staff please

Great goal. If Leicester had a squad they would be a serious side over the season
Can see them spending in January.
So Leicester's manager has been on the job for less time than Ole, they've sold their best player to us and they're playing great, sitting 2nd in the table and have twice as much points than us.

Let that fkin sink in, that's banging on the door.
Got to admit- the problem in the dressing room was a way different scenario than ours. Also we’ve been coming off a massive terrible run of form- selling a very dangerous attacker and losing an extremely important midfielder while renewing squad players that shouldn’t even be on the bench.
Maddison is quality... a must buy for us whenever possible
Was speaking with a Leicester fan and he even thinks Dele Alli would be great signing for us.

i just can’t help and think what Mourinho would have done with Harry even if just for half a season. Match made in heaven

kidbob

He deserved to be moved on. Some players can't handle the pressure at a big club.
Exactly so not all their players are better than ours. In fact most of them aren't at all. Seems that being well coached is more important over all. (Just look at Barca under Valverde).

marktan

This is why I don't want us to sign Chilwell etc, it won't make a difference. We need their style of play, but more importantly whoevers in charge of recruitment. Their biggest improvement has been from them getting the right players for the right positions, while we've dithered around on a signing merry go around for the past 5 years. We can sign one or two players but it means nothing if we don't have someone who has a plan to build a full team.

Bobski

A player with those qualities should be difficult to replace and leave a massive hole in the team. They have improved in every facet without him, stronger defensively, especially in transition defense against the counter which was a huge problem with Maguire at the back, better in possession and more penetrative in attack, with not that many additions.

Judas

Open to offers
Evans was moved on more for his injury record than his talent, but he did look pretty hopeless in his last season with us I seem to recall. When he was good he was very good.