Premier League Gameweek 12

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Ok so being completely fair here, City are the better team. They’ve passed round us and pressed better than we have. Bravo’s distribution has been very good as well.
Maybe it’s more even in terms of clear cut chances created.

I think VAR needs to overrule the referee in situations like that but the issue is that they’ve been given instructions not to imo. Oliver misinterpreted the handball rule imo.

Salah was onside for the second.
I think this is a fair assessment. Three better side on the day is losing the game. Football is a strange sport

cyberman

What will Pep do in the summer?

a) Spend £400m
b) Leave

It will be one or the other.
He'll go. This team needs a revamp to compete with Liverpool as silly as it sounds. Imagine he stays and fails again. 2 titles from 5 and the English football jibes that were thrown at him before he came here comes roaring back to the fore.

That moment when Walker was on for the first time deep cross and reneged in favour of an easy side pass sums up this encounter. Liverpool look confident from front-to-back but City haven't settled into this game well enough to get Sterling on the ball.

Terminator

Isn't it a handball by Silva as well though? His team would be benefiting from the ball coming off his arm, the new rules are pretty strict on that aren't they?
If it only directly leads to a goal, then an attackers handball is handball whether intentional or not. If it didn't directly lead to a goal, then unintentional handballs from attackers hand is allowed.

Bernardos handball is not intentional and it didn't lead to a goal.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’d love that atmosphere at OT. Booing the shit out of them for the entirety of their possession.

prateik

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Not the best example. just did a quick google search to make the point..

These lines are parallel .. but with the camera angle being a lot close to one side, the ones that are far apart dont look parallel.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
United might have handed Liverpool the Premiership by buying Maguire.

Traub

It’s so weird that refs aren’t held accountable.
Yes, but at the same time it’s an extremely difficult job where death threats are probably common, and the pay doesn’t compare to the players. IMO they should make clubs pay a percent or something like that to the managing and training of full time professional refs. Once these refs are earning comparable amounts to players and managers, they can then be subject to the same stringent scrutiny.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yes, but at the same time it’s an extremely difficult job where death threats are probably common, and the pay doesn’t compare to the players. IMO they should make clubs pay a percent or something like that to the managing and training of full time professional refs. Once these refs are earning comparable amounts to players and managers, they can then be subject to the same stringent scrutiny.
It’s hardly asking for much, just an explanation as to how they arrived at that decision. Rugby refs don’t seem to mind, and they’re probably earning even less.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Trent was magnificent first half. Gerrardesque from right back.

Dobba

So, they're utter shit and to punish them for being shit, we should pay them tens of thousands of pounds a week? What an incentive to improve.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Given VAR exists in our game today, could you give a reasoned explanation as to why it wasn't given?

I'm betting you can't.
It was a weird situation. Ball hits TAA's arm off of Bernardo's arm....should it be a penalty? A free kick for liverpool? I've no idea

Oliver was right there though. That he didn't see either handball for me is the most bonkers part

Mane! 3-0

gibers

Aguero is utterly useless outside of the box. The guy has missed all of Citys best chances.

Game over

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Right. that's me done watching this

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well that’s game over. City have been awful tbf.

oh well at least gerrard never got one