g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 13

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Well win those 2 as well so we are in this race.
A very fast and reliable CB would take our squad up a level, hopefully Diallo at RW can also have an immediate impact too.
So far we are in title race, i agree. But you expect too much. We will not splash another 40-50 mil for defender. And Diallo will be with u21 this season i guess. Kid without playing top football playing in PL? That would not end well.

Statue of Limitations

Can't disagree with much of what Mou said to be honest.
Game should have been a draw / Spurs with the better chances overall maybe.

We are well and truly in the title race, win our games in hand and hard to make a case against us.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Obviously Mourinho did the classic «show some respect»-thing after full-time, Klopp looked at him and told him «are you fecking kidding me?» with his eyes and grin at least. Mourinho is such a petulent little man.
Guess just wishing him luck for the season and well played you deserved to win
Just to tell him "the best team lost" :lol:

Never change jose

DavidDeSchmikes

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho on Amazon: "So close to winning, yeah, not so close of a draw - so close of winning, but we missed the chances, we had the chances, had the game under control, a draw would be a bad result - so you can imagine how we feel with a defeat.

"Very good performance, of course some mistakes, some things to improve, a very unfair result. My team told me I am right when I say from the beginning of the season we go to every match to win. We played against the champions in their stadium and we had the best chances to win.

"The team was brilliant. Today Liverpool didn't look a team that is champion, European champion, world champion - that difference was not on the pitch.

'We are together for not a long time. Of course the result is the most important,

"I told him (Klopp) the best team lost and he disagreed, but that's his opinion - if I behave the same way he does on the touchline, I do not stay there. That's animated? For some reason I am different..."

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Can’t lie Jose is just prime box office. Embodies the phrase love hate relationship.

Josep Dowling

Well win those 2 as well so we are in this race.
A very fast and reliable CB would take our squad up a level, hopefully Diallo at RW can also have an immediate impact too.
Can guarantee we won’t get 6 points from those games. When the pressure is on we rarely turn up.

Tapori

They're the best of everyone no matter how much we look into it. It's their league to lose.
With a couple points gap and fatigue to come too? 10 points ahead I would understand but despite there better performances a season is a long time. Best for now but plenty more to happen

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho on Amazon: "So close to winning, yeah, not so close of a draw - so close of winning, but we missed the chances, we had the chances, had the game under control, a draw would be a bad result - so you can imagine how we feel with a defeat.

"Very good performance, of course some mistakes, some things to improve, a very unfair result. My team told me I am right when I say from the beginning of the season we go to every match to win. We played against the champions in their stadium and we had the best chances to win.

"The team was brilliant. Today Liverpool didn't look a team that is champion, European champion, world champion - that difference was not on the pitch.

'We are together for not a long time. Of course the result is the most important,

"I told him (Klopp) the best team lost and he disagreed, but that's his opinion - if I behave the same way he does on the touchline, I do not stay there. That's animated? For some reason I am different..."
He is right about Klopp

el3mel

Can guarantee we won’t get 6 points from those games. When the pressure is on we rarely turn up.
The Burnley match isn't going to be played any time soon though. We really don't know what the league will look like when this match is played.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

So salty :lol:

cyberman

Keep carrying them goal post man, its football win some and lose some. You win your 2 games and your 2 points off the top, don't "bottle" it! :lol:
You didnt have to lose it. It was Palace all over again with giving the ball away time and time again with through balls that were never on. It reminds me of his first season with us with all of the late goals we kept giving away

Moonwalker

It's because you're special, fecking cnut.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am quite impressed by Liverpool to be honest, they can play this style against any team in the League. Most won't be able to defend so effectively, and still Tottenham co conceded 2.

They will win it comfortably, but the race for 2nd will be very interesting. Neither team is particularly impressing this season.

Red Storm Rising

What's different? Noise from the fans? (As if you don't have fans at home?) Slightly different weather? Patterns on the turf are different?
  • Pitches are different sizes, within limits. You know your own turf better, you have a visceral feel for how far you can punt it, how far you can run wide, etc. etc. That can affect the game.

• Mainly though, it comes down to the fact that footy is a game between two teams, and your tactics are predicated on what you expect the other team to do. The home team is often more adventurous, they want to win at their stadium (all other things being equal, if the home team is bottom-placed and already relegated, then things can be different).

Bottom line is that you're playing people, and those people will have expectations and demands placed on them if they're playing "at home", and those expectations will be different at home vs away because they're human, and the fans are obviously biased against the away team. It's not so much the patch of grass as the occasion. Demands are made, and for good teams, those demands are met.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You didnt have to lose it. It was Palace all over again with giving the ball away time and time again with through balls that were never on. It reminds me of his first season with us with all of the late goals we kept giving away
Man its football, you have a manager who if he wins the 2 winnable games in hand are second? Yet you have Ole out threads, people begging for Poch, I am not overly pissed off with tonight after our tough run of games. long season, long way to go, I'm happy. Seems some united fans are happier that Jose lost than angry that Liverpool won, weird times.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Man its football, you have a manager who if he wins the 2 winnable games in hand are second? Yet you have Ole out threads, people begging for Poch, I am not overly pissed off with tonight after our tough run of games. long season, long way to go, I'm happy. Seems some united fans are happier that Jose lost than angry that Liverpool won, weird times.
Hate for Jose is unreal here. I still don't know why....

Phil

It's amusing when he's not running your own team into the ground.

croadyman

Whenever I watch Spurs Kane is anonymous. Also Klopp is a mouthy cnut and needs to get knocked down a few pegs.
Oh how I would love for Bruno to score the winner in front of their lot on Jan 17, yes I know our defence will really go through it against them but still believe if we can be close when we go there would be huge for us. Maybe we can still sign a CB before we go to Anfield because that could give us that bit extra we need.

We so nearly had a shot at being only three points off the top with a win tomorrow night, however most results in these 8 games so far this week have gone our way so need to stay positive and just focus on getting that win to at least close that gap on second place first.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He’s got a point tbf the FA don’t hang about when punishing Jose.
For sure, when you see what Pep and Klopp get away with and what Jose gets punished for, he definitely gets rougher treatment.

cyberman

Im just frustrated for you :(
100 percent Liverpool loss here

Betson

I am quite impressed by Liverpool to be honest, they can play this style against any team in the League. Most won't be able to defend so effectively, and still Tottenham co conceded 2.

They will win it comfortably, but the race for 2nd will be very interesting. Neither team is particularly impressing this season.

Even while missing big players they are still head and shoulders the best team in the league , they are the only team capable of going on a big run and they will do that soon and blow away the rest of the field again.

People saying we are still in it are clutching at straws , Villa are still in it and like us they are going to be nowhere near the top as the season goes on.

Liverpool have developed a rock solid winning mentality , they are relentless.