Premier League Gameweek 14-16

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We really need a new RB. Patterson needs a loan and Young just isn't there as a PL player anymore.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Shocker really, if the Forest player isn't pulled he ends up challenging for the header. Looked a lot worse than the one City got against us and also the VAR looked at this one for what seemed like a split second.
Ye absolutely. It’s what I meant like it was worse than the one city got against us. That’s a clear pen.

cj_sparky

Seeing another replay, it looks even worse and it is amazing a ref isn't sent to at least look at it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Beto is so desperate to score. I feel a bit sorry for him but it's also frustrating as feck as it's ruining attacks. Still plays like an 18 year old trying to burst into the first team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This games depressing. Feel like this is the calm before the storm… rubbish game before ours ends up like 3-3 or something .

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
No more then we deserve given how we are playing - this is as bad as we were last season

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sorry but how is that a foul on Mangala? :confused: he lost control of the ball and then fell on the ground into McNeil.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
oh good - Origi’s on that should improve things :rolleyes:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No more then we deserve given how we are playing - this is as bad as we were last season
Awoniyi is a massive miss...Wood was getting stick near the end but he can't run.

That's the issue with selling Brennan Johnson and Awoniyi then picking up injuries as looks a bit of a mediocre attack if Elanga is being marked out of the game.

Not sure on some of the other selections...Aina had a good game v us a few weeks back and now he can't get in at fullback?

PoTMS

Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United are so bad. Forest and Bournemouth are awful too but they're lucky that they have these three in the league.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Livramento is class.

Weird that ten Hag haven't dropped Rashford yet. He hasn't been afraid dropping others to his credit

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Awoniyi is a massive miss...Wood was getting stick near the end but he can't run.

That's the issue with selling Brennan Johnson and Awoniyi then picking up injuries as looks a bit of a mediocre attack if Elanga is being marked out of the game.

Not sure on some of the other selections...Aina had a good game v us a few weeks back and now he can't get in at fullback?
Awoniyi is crucial to the way we set up and play. Wood is a target man / second half sub who lacks strength and mobility. The problem is Awoniyi is proving to be a bit of a biscuit. A quick physical number 9 is top priority in January.

It’s easy to look at the sale of Johnson as a problem, but he was already being phased out of the team towards the end. He didn’t fit how we wanted to set up going forward.

Aina was dropped for Aurier, I’m not sure why, it could be tactical, could have picked up a knock. He’s had a couple of poor games recently. I’m more concerned with how flat we looked again. We were second best all over the park and didn’t show any fight, which was one of our strengths last season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Feels like it’s only a matter of time before Newcastle score.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Newcastle were so toothless when they played Dortmund, it's hard to believe this is the same team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Newcastle were so toothless when they played Dortmund, it's hard to believe this is the same team.
As much as I don't think Dortmund are a very good side, United are even worse than them.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
It's not the same team, at least from your home tie. We had Livramento practically playing up front we were so short on options.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Feels like the opposite, the more they squander the more it opens up a chance at the other end
About 10 minutes ago Newcastle we’re creating a good chance every 60 seconds. The game has settled down a bit since. I hear you though. A United sucker punch would not be surprising.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This Miley kid is insanely composed for a 17 year old.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They've been toothless today, Almiron back to 2019 level when he lacked composure every time he got in the box.

They should be a couple up. Only danger from Man. United is Garnacho.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s peak for Rashford when the fullback you’re tasked with picking up is a road runner like Livramento. His fitness level is ridiculous. he never ever stops.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They've been toothless today, Almiron back to 2019 level when he lacked composure every time he got in the box.

They should be a couple up. Only danger from Man. United is Garnacho.
I guess toothless was a bad choice of words. It's true that they've been toothless - as in bad at finishing attacks - today. But unlike in the CL they've had one promising attack after another and constant pressure on their opponents - as opposed to mostly just lumping in hopeful crosses.

On the other hand United don't look like a team that's at their best.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I guess toothless was a bad choice of words. It's true that they've been toothless - as in bad at finishing attacks - today. But unlike in the CL they've had one promising attack after another and constant pressure on their opponents - as opposed to mostly just lumping in hopeful crosses.
Lacking in cutting edge is probably the phrasing you were looking for. They were dreadful against Dortmund they have the cutting edge tonight. They’ve just been way too profligate.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
Lacking in cutting edge is probably the phrasing you were looking for. They were dreadful against Dortmund they have the cutting edge tonight. They’ve just been way too profligate.
Dortmund are perfectly set up to counter us. Quick, nimble players who are good on the ball. There aren't many teams in the premier league who play like them thankfully.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Dortmund are perfectly set up to counter us. Quick, nimble players who are good on the ball. There aren't many teams in the premier league who play like them thankfully.

It’s a different kind of game you’re getting in Europe. I don’t think Dortmund are a particularly impressive team. United are probably just one of the easiest teams to play against at the moment. Not many teams in the league will give you a) so much time on the ball and b) lose almost all 50/50 challenges.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
It’s a different kind of game you’re getting in Europe. I don’t think Dortmund are a particularly impressive team. United are probably just one of the easiest teams to play against at the moment. Not many teams in the league will give you a) so much time on the ball and b) lose almost all 50/50 challenges.
They remind me of Burnley under Dyche only worse. And I am not even joking

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Terzic definitely has Howe's number imo. Think they just setup to nullify us completely and we had no answers. Milan and PSG weren't nearly as problematic.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund have been struggling greatly when pressed properly during build up this season. and the team is far from clinical in transitions. It seemed like Newcastle and Milan may have had a bt too much respect for the occasion in the CL.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought you genuinely could only stop play if it was a head injury. Man. United should've just had a shot when Pope was down and see what would've happened.

Sure they conceded when De Gea was down injured a few years back and the goal was given? :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
I thought you genuinely could only stop play if it was a head injury. Man. United should've just had a shot when Pope was down and see what would've happened.

Sure they conceded when De Gea was down injured a few years back and the goal was given? :lol:
The rule is you're supposed to stop if the keeper is down, what happened with DDG is the ball was in before the ref realised he was hurt. Today was the right decision, the DDG one was wrong/slow to be spotted.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The rule is you're supposed to stop if the keeper is down, what happened with DDG is the ball was in before the ref realised he was hurt. Today was the right decision, the DDG one was wrong/slow to be spotted.
Never knew that, only thought it was keeper is allowed to remain on the pitch after receiving treatment unlike outfield players as you obviously need someone in goal.