Premier League Gameweek 14-16

padr81

Supports
Man City
Never knew that, only thought it was keeper is allowed to remain on the pitch after receiving treatment unlike outfield players as you obviously need someone in goal.
Me neither till I saw someone on twitter quote the rule.

Edit: Reading through the actual rules you are correct and twitter dude was quoting out of context.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Maguire is a lot like Dejan Lovren. The more space behind him he has to defend, the further away from his team mates he is, the exponentially worse he gets and the calamities start happening.

Put him in a deep and compact line and he'll defend happily all day long.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Forgot to say yesterday but James Garner was absolutely outstanding. Ran the game and was everywhere on the pitch. Gave it to Pickford at one point too. Very mature performance.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Agree thought Garner was outstanding yesterday, really developing nicely as a player.

erikcred

Maguire is a lot like Dejan Lovren. The more space behind him he has to defend, the further away from his team mates he is, the exponentially worse he gets and the calamities start happening.

Put him in a deep and compact line and he'll defend happily all day long.
Good point.

When they both came to their teams, they were expected to be leaders in the defence, but turns out they're just really good at last ditch defending and not much else.

Neither are terrible players. They've played in World Cup and Euro finals. They just can't be the main men in defence. Liverpool fixed their problem by getting VVD and I was hoping Varane would sort things out for us, but seems to have been a gamble with little success.

But I'm not sure about either of these two defending happily all day long. Both are prone to massive lapses in concentration. Suddenly it'll be like a hologram playing in their position for a few seconds.

erikcred

Good point.

When they both came to their teams, they were expected to be leaders in the defence, but turns out they're just really good at last ditch defending and not much else.

Neither are terrible players. They've played in World Cup and Euro finals. They just can't be the main men in defence. Liverpool fixed their problem by getting VVD and I was hoping Varane would sort things out for us, but seems to have been a gamble with little success.

But I'm not sure about either of these two defending happily all day long. Both are prone to massive lapses in concentration. Suddenly it'll be like a hologram playing in their position for a few seconds. Either that, or they'll suddenly have 4 legs off which to deflect the ball into their own net.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
On another note, now is Rashford ahead of Gordon in the England squad if it is all about form and performances? Southgate is a Muppet.

GlasgowCeltic

that’s Sheff U performance surely has to rank as one of the all time worst in the Prem

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
On another note, now is Rashford ahead of Gordon in the England squad if it is all about form and performances? Southgate is a Muppet.
In a real meritocracy, Rashford would be playing his way out of a place on the plane to the euros. But we know Southgate, so Rashford can continue to stink up the place and rest assured that his place in the squad is secure.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I thought Lavia was getting close to at least being on the team sheet at some point. What gives with him. Liverpool would have been ruined if both he and Caicedo agreed to join in the summer.

The_Midfielder

In a real meritocracy, Rashford would be playing his way out of a place on the plane to the euros. But we know Southgate, so Rashford can continue to stink up the place and rest assured that his place in the squad is secure.
Rashford just scored in the last game

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Switching to Liverpool. This Chelsea game is boring.

United Hobbit

He should not be allowed to continue, his eye is practically shutting

Same for Maguire a couple of games ago who clearly looked dazed

So much for consussion protocol, is it an independent doctor who decides if they carry on or club doctor?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He should not be allowed to continue, his eye is practically shutting

Same for Maguire a couple of games ago who clearly looked dazed

So much for consussion protocol, is it an independent doctor who decides if they carry on or club doctor?
Who?

90 + 5min

Pretty sure that Chelsea goal was offside. Was there even a VAR check on that goal?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Not celebrating after scoring a goal against your old team, let alone a team you were loaned to, is one of the silliest traditions in football.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Not celebrating after scoring a goal against your old team, let alone a team you were loaned to, is one of the silliest traditions in football.
Just as I read this Harry Wilson scored against Liverpool and didn't celebrate.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Forgot to say yesterday but James Garner was absolutely outstanding. Ran the game and was everywhere on the pitch. Gave it to Pickford at one point too. Very mature performance.
Very annoying sale that. Highly rated for so long, successful loans, not given the chance and sold off for cheap

GlasgowCeltic

seems like most teams in the Prem are carrying massive injury lists atm, Brighton and Chelsea missing loads of players

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
pretty much every game I see, teams play better football than us - we'd better hope to draw the winners of Eastleigh vs Reading in round 3 of the fa cup

Last edited:

Ahmer Baig

It really annoys to see how good other teams are playing whether winning or losing.