Premier League Gameweek 15 (2nd - 3rd December 2017)

Jacko21

Should definitely be targeting City next week on set pieces.
Was watching Sunday Supplement and James Ducker mentioned that statistically City are the best team when it comes to defending set pieces - which seemed surprising.

Haven't looked in to it though.

Djemba-Djemba

Was watching Sunday Supplement and James Ducker mentioned that statistically City are the best team when it comes to defending set pieces - which seemed surprising.

Haven't looked in to it though.
Maybe they've just been getting away with it?

Huddersfield scored from one last week, Southampton should have scored 1 or 2 on Wednesday from them according to Tyler just then, and West Ham went very close just then.

AngliaRed

What still amazes is how much empty
Seats at the Etihad in prime locations. You can understand the nose bleeds being less popular on a cold sunday afternoon but OT tier 1 areas are always full regardless of fixture. Theres whole blocks of empty blue seats 3 rows back middle of the pitch! I just dont get why someone would pay £600-£800 for a ticket and not use it unless United or Chelsea visit?

So is it rich arabs just wanting the seat for big games? Arm chair fans who cant be assed as its sunday afternoon and its on sky?

I can never get my head around this!

Djemba-Djemba

Seats at the Etihad in prime locations. You can understand the nose bleeds being less popular on a cold sunday afternoon but OT tier 1 areas are always full regardless of fixture. Theres whole blocks of empty blue seats 3 rows back middle of the pitch! I just dont get why someone would pay £600-£800 for a ticket and not use it unless United or Chelsea visit?

So is it rich arabs just wanting the seat for big games? Arm chair fans who cant be assed as its sunday afternoon and its on sky?

They don't have a big enough fanbase to fill that stadium every week.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Do they have ticket brokers in England? That happens in the US where brokers buy up multiple seats to offload them for higher prices. Could be that no one wanted to pay high quid to see West Ham.

Other possibility is corporate bought tickets and no one went. A buddy of mine worked for a big bank in Fort Worth, TX, back in the early 2000s and he'd score the odd Dallas Mavericks or Dallas Stars corporate suite tickets.

Moonwalker

It's funny - what an arrogant, ref abusing prick, Zabaleta used to be, when he played for City. Now that he's playing for West Ham, he seems to have mellowed to acceptance and deference. A reminder that some of these 'personality traits' are very much contingent and situational.

Jacko21

Maybe they've just been getting away with it?

Huddersfield scored from one last week, Southampton should have scored 1 or 2 on Wednesday from them according to Tyler just then, and West Ham went very close just then.
Yeah, though with the amount of possession that have, it stands to reason that in an average game, they'd concede fewer free-kicks and corners.

AngliaRed

They don't have a big enough fanbase to fill that stadium every week.
I tend to agree, even big champions league nights you still see huge sections behind the goal empty. It has to be what you said, dont have the fan base to cover the availability of seats.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
They've got Mangala in defense, of course city will concede chances this game. The only problem is West Ham are dog shite.

AngliaRed

Do they have ticket brokers in England? That happens in the US where brokers buy up multiple seats to offload them for higher prices. Could be that no one wanted to pay high quid to see West Ham.

Other possibility is corporate bought tickets and no one went. A buddy of mine worked for a big bank in Fort Worth, TX, back in the early 2000s and he'd score the odd Dallas Mavericks or Dallas Stars corporate suite tickets.

Most of the seats in prime locations what you can see on TV usually bought by hardcore fans. Touting sites usually pick up the less popular seats.

Canagel

Anyone got a stream? Seems worth watching from the comments in here.

Jacko21

United fans in and around Manchester who have City supporting mates will tell you just how different some of their supporters are. As a club, City have come a long way in 10 years, but the mindset of the fans has remained largely the same. Look at the apathy they have for the Champions League.

Also, City have amongst the longest-serving ST holders in the league - many of whom routinely don't attend games.

AngliaRed

United fans in and around Manchester who have City supporting mates will tell you just how different some of their supporters are. As a club, City have come a long way in 10 years, but the mindset of the fans has remained largely the same. Look at the apathy they have for the Champions League.

Also, City have amongst the longest-serving ST holders in the league - many of whom routinely don't attend games.
Good point mate!

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That's just bizarre. If you had ST and a great product why wouldn't you attend as much as possible? You've already spent a significant amount of quid on the tickets.

Baby Groot

They have become the very thing they detested with United.