g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 17+18

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He did a lot of the dirty work Kane and Son weren’t up for. Good hold up play, dribbling down the flank, defense against TAA, making incisive runs and passing into space.. pretty much a good game. An absolute mental save from Allison is your reasoning why Alli didn’t have a good game?
Huge miss.
Terrible fluffing of a simple pass to Kane for a tap in.

Numerous other missed passes.
Woeful player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Me too. If he had taken that chance where Allison saved it and Kane had finished the squared pass from him, we’d be saying he was clear MoTM.

Did well to negate the Liverpool press early doors and was the key reason spurs started brightly and took the lead.
No we wouldn't.
Kane scored and we all think he's looking like a carthorse.

Withnail

He did a lot of the dirty work Kane and Son weren’t up for. Good hold up play, dribbling down the flank, defense against TAA, making incisive runs and passing into space.. pretty much a good game. An absolute mental save from Allison is your reasoning why Alli didn’t have a good game?
If you watch it back, Alisson is way over to the left of his goal. Ali kicks it to his side. If he had looked up he could have directed it to the other corner.

Trequarista10

It was very close to knee on knee by the way but that's not even the point.

You can't just kick your opponent with that kind of force and stay on the pitch.
That sort of tackle with that force happens a few times a game, it just looks bad because he misses the ball (he's basically trying to get the ball by going through him). Most of the time the players nicks the ball and its a foul but not even a yellow, unless it's an accumulation of fouls. The force simply isn't an issue.

K Stand Knut

He knew exactly what he was going pal. Made no effort to get the ball for me, reminded me of Rafael on Luiz a few years ago.
You can’t just kick someone, simples
Ok. Doesn’t matter, does it? I’m not questioning any intent or what he wanted to do, I just don’t understand why the less worse ‘offence’ got referred to the VAR screen.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Ok. Doesn’t matter, does it? I’m not questioning any intent or what he wanted to do, I just don’t understand why the less worse ‘offence’ got referred to the VAR screen.
I think most during the match thought both tackles were red card worthy. VAR certainly inconsistent

Withnail

That sort of tackle with that force happens a few times a game, it just looks bad because he misses the ball (he's basically trying to get the ball by going through him). Most of the time the players nicks the ball and its a foul but not even a yellow, unless it's an accumulation of fouls. The force simply isn't an issue.
It doesn't even seem like we're watching the same footage. Carragher just said he went in on the player with no intention of playing the ball.

He just boots him yet you keep claiming it was some kind of tackle. Do you really think it was as a genuine attempt to win the ball?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Arguably the game of the season so far although Man. City-Liverpool was pretty good two months back.

Liverpool are best team to watch in the league no doubt. I do think however they'll just drop too many points over season in these type of pinball matches whereas Man. City are better at soaking up pressure and cold blooded in how they win games so as I said a few days ago I think it will be repeat of 18/19 with Chelsea falling away now.

Cpt Negative

The same reason players get sent off for tiny kick outs that cause no danger. You simply can’t run up to someone and boot them as hard as you can.

Kane tackle wasn’t great - but it was part parcel of the game, let’s be honest, with shin pads it doesn’t hurt.

Robertsons was reckless, he tried to be a sly cnut and got sent off. It’s not that hard really. He tried to be the big man and cost his team

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
. If Liverpools dodgy goal hadn't stood Spurs would have won.
but their 2nd shouldn't have stood, awful referee performance but can't say I think it was overall biased either side.
Then liverpool take the lead off a handball that maybe/probably should have seen the goal taken back.
Last season it wouldn’t have stood, per the rules this season the goal rightfully was given.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Last season it wouldn’t have stood, per the rules this season the goal rightfully was given.
Yeah I only saw that rule change after, its hard to keep up with all the hand ball changes.

darko

The same reason players get sent off for tiny kick outs that cause no danger. You simply can’t run up to someone and boot them as hard as you can.

Kane tackle wasn’t great - but it was part parcel of the game, let’s be honest, with shin pads it doesn’t hurt.

Robertsons was reckless, he tried to be a sly cnut and got sent off. It’s not that hard really. He tried to be the big man and cost his team
Watch it in both real time and slow motion and for me Robertson tries to play the ball and the Spurs player turns to block him. For me, it's nothing more than a yellow. Kane on the other hand slides cleats first which is a foul even if he plays the ball first. He doesn't and clattered the player in the shin and only gets a yellow. I'm okay if both are yellows but now way Robertson's foul should receive harsher punishment. Never mind the museed penalty foul.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah it’s a bit weird, as is the inconsistency over red card challenges
Yeah I have no clue on the Kane one to be honest. I could see someone like Xhaka walk for that 9 out of 10 times. The Robertson one is weird, there have been a few for swipes like that recently, Kyle Walker got one in the CL a couple of weeks ago (and hasn't been seen since, maybe Pep killed him)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you're only considering the new handball rule then it should stand.
Accidental handball in the build-up to a goal will no longer be deemed an offence. The crucial word here is 'build-up'.
It will still be an offence if an accidental handball directly creates the chance that scores the goal, or scores the goal itself.
However, it would fall under making his body unnaturally larger, which I think he did which is why it should've been ruled out.
touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised; or
In my view, he's guilty of the second offence.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Watch it in both real time and slow motion and for me Robertson tries to play the ball and the Spurs player turns to block him. For me, it's nothing more than a yellow. Kane on the other hand slides cleats first which is a foul even if he plays the ball first. He doesn't and clattered the player in the shin and only gets a yellow. I'm okay if both are yellows but now way Robertson's foul should receive harsher punishment. Never mind the museed penalty foul.
Robertson didn't try and play the ball, everyone who plays football has both given them as they got older and received them when they were young and quicker. Its a "I'll kick this cnut here" tackle. Kanes was dangerous and should totally be a red but Kane tried to play the ball (in the worst possible way), Robertson knew exactly what he was doing, I've done it a ton of times myself playing Sunday League when up against someone quicker(where its usually just a warning)

darko

Reckless challenges challenges are not punished with a sending off. It had to be deemed dangerous.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Agree with the Robertson excessive force calls, definitely think the frustration spilled out and it was a stupid challenge

If you're only considering the new handball rule then it should stand.

However, it would fall under making his body unnaturally larger, which I think he did which is why it should've been ruled out.

In my view, he's guilty of the second offence.

I can see the argument you’re making, but at least for me the arm isn’t in an unnatural position or an attempt to make himself bigger.

darko

It doesn't even seem like we're watching the same footage. Carragher just said he went in on the player with no intention of playing the ball.

He just boots him yet you keep claiming it was some kind of tackle. Do you really think it was as a genuine attempt to win the ball?
Yes. The Spurs player blocked him from playing ball which he is entitled to do as as he is considered in possession but that means Robertson was looking to play the ball and not the man which is why in my opinion it's not a dangerous foul and shouldn't get a red card.

Withnail

Yes. The Spurs player blocked him from playing ball which he is entitled to do as as he is considered in possession but that means Robertson was looking to play the ball and not the man which is why in my opinion it's not a dangerous foul and shouldn't get a red card.
He quite literally just boots him full force.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think about what you're saying.

You can't just go to absolutely welly the ball in all situations and not be able to amend your movement if the player is suddenly in the way.

It was a typical Robertson lash out, and for once he's not got away with snide behaviour.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Only doesn't count if its the goalscorer who handballs it, those are the rules.
What? Handball is handball, it even looked like he did it deliberately / moved his hand towards it along with his leg to control.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
VAR is only problematic in England. The rest of Europe most VAR decisions are very sensible and the system largely works to expectation.