Premier League Gameweek 2 fixtures (18th - 20th August 2018)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I don't deny contact but it was soft. Some players like kane don't even try to stay on the feet anymore. Touch me and i am dead. Look at lukaku. Guy always try to stay on his feet.
He was already off balance and then got tripped, it was a genuine fall from him. Kane can go down easily sometimes (as can several of our players) but this wasn't one of those times.

R'hllor

Chambers is a killer, you can see he is a defender from Wenger era in Arsenal.

diarm

Can't believe Wolves are going in 2 down after the football they played in the first half hour.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
:drool:

That is a fantastic goal. Wonderful strike. So glad it was him too, he needed his first goal, honestly could be such an important player for us this season. We badly needed another dangerous wide player.

M16Red

Half time at Everton. This team is completely different from last year. Everton push the back line up they have space behind them - but the team looks solid.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wolves are very unlucky to be drawing, they’re playing very well.
Will repeat what I said last week, their approach play is top half standard, finishing bottom six.

They lack a killer striker upfront who can score from 1-2 chances. Leicester have that with Vardy which shows what Wolves need to compete at top end of premier league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Half time at Everton. This team is completely different from last year. Everton push the back line up they have space behind them - but the team looks solid.
Everton signed much better this summer. Squad looks much more balanced.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some of our quality in the final third has been absolutely shocking. Fulham have been awful and given up loads of space, but since an intense opening from us we've looked complacent. Great work from Lloris there though, he gets hammered when he makes mistakes because of his coming out so far, but it saves us so many times.
Sessegnon got in the game much? Fulham seemed to have got carried away a little, should've kept faith with more of last years team.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I really like us with a back three, I have no worries defensively when we've got Toby/Vert/Sanchez back there, it's very well balanced. Just a concern that against stronger teams Trippier & Davies may get pinned back, but I'd like to see us go with the 3 at Old Trafford next week. Really hope Toby gets his head down and we see the best of him this season, he will be like a new signing after we missed him for most of the last campaign, so far seems like he's determined to stay in the team.

We need to do more in the final third though, lots of wayward shots. Positives are Alli and Lucas looking bright, but again Kane looks like he could have done with August off if I'm being brutally honest. Then again, it's only the second game and plenty of players need their sharpness back, so I expect that to come.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Sessegnon got in the game much? Fulham seemed to have got carried away a little, should've kept faith with more of last years team.
Nah. Honestly though, I don't expect much from Sessegnon this season tbh, I watched a lot of Fulham last season and whilst he was getting on the end of a lot of moves I really wasn't impressed with him. There's obviously talent there but he's still only 18 and for me will need a couple more years before he's properly ready to have a real impact on the Prem. I was glad we didn't sign him this season, don't think he would have got much gametime.

That said, it's really hard for Sessegnon to do much in a game like this. With Trippier/Davies pinning Fulham back, he's really not seeing much of the ball in attacking areas. The couple of times they have got forward he's looked OK.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nah. Honestly though, I don't expect much from Sessegnon this season tbh, I watched a lot of Fulham last season and whilst he was getting on the end of a lot of moves I really wasn't impressed with him. There's obviously talent there but he's still only 18 and for me will need a couple more years before he's properly ready to have a real impact on the Prem. I was glad we didn't sign him this season, don't think he would have got much gametime.

That said, it's really hard for Sessegnon to do much in a game like this. With Trippier/Davies pinning Fulham back, he's really not seeing much of the ball in attacking areas. The couple of times they have got forward he's looked OK.
Thought he played on the left more often then not last season. Why's he on the right this season?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Thought he played on the left more often then not last season. Why's he on the right this season?
No idea. I guess the thinking could be that he'll be able to cut in on his left, but personally I think he was at his best last season as a proper winger, and when arriving at the back post for taps in etc.