Premier League Gameweek 2

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Each promoted side looking shaky defensively, not great at all. Fulham and West Brom look nailed on to go down for me already not sure about Leeds yet

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.
Because they are trying to slow down the restart. Same as when a player gets fouled and pretends to be injured even though they have a free kick.
I agree that time wasting is annoying which is why I'm in favour of reducing the lenght of each half but only run the clock when the ball is in play, like basketball

But these angry players who try to grab the ball from the keepers hands in order to speed up the kick off annoy me too because in the reverse situation their team would do the same thing.

If the time wasting is blatant the ref should just add extra injury time

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Remember when newly promoted sides just hoofed to the big lad, tried to keep everything tight and nick one on a set piece and hang on?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Already tired of Bielsa's interviews. At least fecking look up to the person asking you questions instead of looking at the floor like Rainman :rolleyes:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Palace are gonna regret that. Shocking effort.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thought it was a penalty but that’s never a retake. Ridiculous decision.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I hate goalies coming off the line but it didn't look like De Gea even was.
The rules are he has to be on the line. His foot was lifted, stupid fecking law. Guess the foot has to be touching the line or some shit.

big rons sovereign

Martin Atkinson shitting all over United? Really? Oh Jon Moss on VAR? What could possibly go wrong.
Absolute crooks.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Controversial as fook that. But if Palace dont win it'd have been a travesty. Lead/win (if) thoroughly deserved, manner in getting the 2nd though, nah. Utd btw look absolutely shite tonight

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Less of a penalty than McArthur taking Pogba's boot off in the first half. Moss felt Atkinson should take a look at the hand but made the call on the other one himself. Inconsistency is bad enough but this here is inconsistency between Atkinson and Moss. English football has no hope if this is the way forward.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That’s never a penalty in a million years.

If you genuinely think that’s a penalty then you’re saying that any time the ball touches an arm it’s handball, so if an attacker is in the box and doesn’t have any options he can twat it at the defenders arm and get a penalty.

It’s a nonsense. The handball rule application has been awful for years (including when we benefited from it against PSG) and it’s one of the things destroying the game.

I’m not even getting into the retake, Atkinson can go feck a donkey.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That’s never a penalty in a million years.

If you genuinely think that’s a penalty then you’re saying that any time the ball touches an arm it’s handball, so if an attacker is in the box and doesn’t have any options he can twat it at the defenders arm and get a penalty.

It’s a nonsense. The handball rule application has been awful for years (including when we benefited from it against PSG) and it’s one of the things destroying the game.

I’m not even getting into the retake, Atkinson can go feck a donkey.
Stonewall, we've seen it consistently be a penalty for the last 18 months. Should that be the law, nope. Sadly its is and its fecking stupid but under these rules thats a stonewall peno.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Stonewall, we've seen it consistently be a penalty for the last 18 months. Should that be the law, nope. Sadly its is and its fecking stupid but under these rules thats a stonewall peno.
Nothing about his positioning was unnatural and the ball hit him. It’s bollocks.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Nothing about his positioning was unnatural and the ball hit him. It’s bollocks.
I agree its bollocks for what its worth. I mean we all saw Mane win that peno vs Spurs in the CL final by kicking the ball at an arm deliberately and the current rules encourage that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I agree its bollocks for what its worth. I mean we all saw Mane win that peno vs Spurs in the CL final by kicking the ball at an arm deliberately and the current rules encourage that.
Yep, just finding myself less and less arsed about the sport and it’s mostly down to this and VAR.

It’s just fundamentally wrong and antithetical to sport.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
So odd to watch Willian in red.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fecking hell what's the difference between that and Lindelof's?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So why wasn't that a pen on Gabriel? inconsistency in football is so infuriating.