Premier League Gameweek 2

James Peril

Can't give a red for that
He holds with two hands, not letting go, not interested in the ball... it’s 100% a red card, atrocious defending. Every smart defender knows you let go once the first impact it made, then you get away with it

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
He holds with two hands, not letting go, not interested in the ball... it’s 100% a red card, atrocious defending. Every smart defender knows you let go once the first impact it made, then you get away with it
Both holding on to each other there

RashyForPM

Not a great start to this season for us :lol:
Yeah a quite dismal loss to Wolves and an ok start here before the ref screwed you over. To be honest, the way Villa are banging the door down, I only see one winner here. The only way I see you scoring is through Burke’s pace.

Even with two losses though, I think Wilder will turn it around. He’s clearly quite good.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Only a matter of time until Villa score now, Sheffield’s only hope now is set pieces.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Yeah a quite dismal loss to Wolves and an ok start here before the ref screwed you over. To be honest, the way Villa are banging the door down, I only see one winner here. The only way I see you scoring is through Burke’s pace.

Even with two losses though, I think Wilder will turn it around. He’s clearly quite good.
I don’t think we were bad v Wolves just a horrid start. Looks bleak tonight, won’t worry though.

James Peril

Perhaps the kind of game where a red card doesn’t favor the other team (that much), with lower blocks and so on. Sheffield United have played a game, Villa haven’t, if we’re following the excuses after United vs. Palace the other day.

It was a clear red card though, the defender hangs on for like 5 seconds before letting go. The striker would have had a chance at goal and that’s why the rule is there. Would have been smarter to just wack him down in midfield to create more doubt about the goalscoring opportunity.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Perhaps the kind of game where a red card doesn’t favor the other team (that much), with lower blocks and so on. Sheffield United have played a game, Villa haven’t, if we’re following the excuses after United vs. Palace the other day.

It was a clear red card though, the defender hangs on for like 5 seconds before letting go. The striker would have had a chance at goal and that’s why the rule is there. Would have been smarter to just wack him down in midfield to create more doubt about the goalscoring opportunity.
I can’t deny Egan is all over Watkins but they were both at it to start with. Better to just avoid any contact at all but here we are

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great pass from Burke. Surely denying a goal scoring opportunity so a red?!

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Fantastic decision feck off that’s a clear goal scoring opportunity denied

RashyForPM

Genuinely knew he’d miss. Just feels like one of them games where everything goes wrong for one team.

James Peril

Fantastic decision feck off that’s a clear goal scoring opportunity denied
Not trying to be a bastard mate, but you’re wrong again. No double whammy when the other team gets a penalty from the same situation (legitimate attempt to get the ball). Here the defender is so shit he doesn’t know where the striker is, unlike Egan who knows where the striker is and has to leave the pitch. If Targett wacks him down purposely after being passed, he’s red carded too. Saying that, did he even touch him? No problem in seeing the attacker getting the benefit of the doubt here though.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Not trying to be a bastard mate, but you’re wrong again. No double whammy when the other team gets a penalty from the same situation (aka legitimate attempt to get the ball). Here the defender is so shit he doesn’t know where the striker is, unlike Egan who knows where the striker is and has to leave the pitch. If Targett wacks him down purposely after being passed, he’s red carded too. Saying that, did he even touch him? No problem in seeing the attacker getting the benefit of the doubt here though.
I’ve just been reminded of the rule tbf, would have only been given a red if serious foul play. I just think it’s mad when you compare both situations.