Premier League Gameweek 2

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
One foot was off the line definitely, what's the stupid new rule again? Is it one foot or both?
As per the laws of the game
"When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, or in line with, the goal line"

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Villa players made out of cardboard from the looks of it

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve just been reminded of the rule tbf, would have only been given a red if serious foul play. I just think it’s mad when you compare both situations.
Not quite. A red can be given if a defender pulls a players shirt which stops him scoring. As there would have been no attempt to play the ball, it would be a red and a penalty as well

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Egan :lol: what a shite game week for me.

RashyForPM

Say it softly, but that City lineup is one of the worst I’ve seen for a while. 4 error prone defenders, two DMs, one aging rapidly and a very talented but unproven youngster, compounded by a crap bench where they can realistically only one bring one player on (Mahrez) to win the game.

If it wasn’t Pep on the touchline, I’d back Wolves to win.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Say it softly, but that City lineup is one of the worst I’ve seen for a while. 4 error prone defenders, two DMs, one aging rapidly and a very talented but unproven youngster, compounded by a crap bench where they can realistically only one bring one player on (Mahrez) to win the game.

I’m backing Wolves tonight anyway, did the double over Pep last season

Teja

Wolves ripped them a new one a couple of times, so lets see.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Its pretty much all we have, Aguero and Bernadro are crocked, Laporte and Gundogan have Covid, Mahrez is only over Covid and while in the squad not fit to start. Eric Garcia is probably on a plane to Barcelona.

RashyForPM

I’m backing Wolves tonight anyway, did the double over Pep last season
Yeah and they are always good against top teams. It’s still Pep and De Bruyne though, so I’m inclined to think City will scrape though.
Wolves ripped them a new one a couple of times, so lets see.
Really hope they do it again. They’ll never get a better opportunity to do the treble over City.

Pep's Suit

Wolves will win this. City had non-existent pre-season, didn't even play a friendly and Pep missed most of it.

RashyForPM

Its pretty much all we have, Aguero and Bernadro are crocked, Laporte and Gundogan have Covid, Mahrez is only over Covid and while in the squad not fit to start.
I see. I was wondering by you guys put out that team. Couple that side with Wolves having more match fitness and they have a real chance tonight.

On a side note though, could this be your worst PL starting 11 since you won the league for the first time? Take De Bruyne away and even WBA would fancy their chances, let alone Wolves.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I see. I was wondering by you guys put out that team. Couple that side with Wolves having more match fitness and they have a real chance tonight.

On a side note though, could this be your worst PL starting 11 since you won the league for the first time? Take De Bruyne away and even WBA would fancy their chances, let alone Wolves.
Wolves are a side who always give us nightmares, I wouldn't go as far as WBA fancying their chances but its a top 4 squad at best tonight. Essentially we're missing our best attacker, best defender and our 2nd best midfielder (according to Pep) and both our right wingers..

I think we'll be playing a sneaky 5-3-2 or 5-2-3 tonight. Fern, Stones and Ake as a back 3. Walker and Mendy as fullbacks. KDB, Rodri and Foden as midfield 3 with Sterling and Jesus up top.

RashyForPM

Wolves are a side who always give us nightmares, I wouldn't go as far as WBA fancying their chances but its a top 4 squad at best tonight. Essentially we're missing our best attacker, best defender and our 2nd best midfielder (according to Pep) and both our right wingers..

I think we'll be playing a sneaky 5-3-2 or 5-2-3 tonight. Fern, Stones and Ake as a back 3. Walker and Mendy as fullbacks. KDB, Rodri and Foden as midfield 3 with Sterling and Jesus up top.
Yeah that was one of those exaggeration to make a point comments :lol: Anyway, that back 3 or 4 depending on what Pep chooses is dodgy at best. Even if you do win, I see Adama and Jimenez having another field day, just that most likely, KdB was too good again.

I’m going for a 2-2 draw.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He holds with two hands, not letting go, not interested in the ball... it’s 100% a red card, atrocious defending. Every smart defender knows you let go once the first impact it made, then you get away with it
This. Holding on was the problem. Good call from the ref, would have been easy to cop out with a yellow.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah that was one of those exaggeration to make a point comments :lol: Anyway, that back 3 or 4 depending on what Pep chooses is dodgy at best. Even if you do win, I see Adama and Jimenez having another field day, just that most likely, KdB was too good again.

I’m going for a 2-2 draw.
You have more faith is us than me. Given our lineup I think 3-1 or so to Wolves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can't see City not winning this, might be flukey but they'll win

Deery

Dreary
Never confident when I see Jesus on the team sheet, surely City can do better..