Premier League Gameweek 24 (20th - 22nd Jan 2018)

el3mel

Afraid of opening the game to watch. Have a feeling once I open it, they will score. :(

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool and Juventus should be fighting about who HAS to take Can, not who gets to take him.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Another dive not punished with a booking. Refs have just stopped booking people for diving for some reason, even if retrospective bans don't address the dives that are spotted by the refs.
Chelsea literally got Morata sent off for diving mid-week. Yellow for diving + yellow for arguing like a bitch.

Also Pedro got done for diving too. So...yeah...

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Another dive not punished with a booking. Refs have just stopped booking people for diving for some reason, even if retrospective bans don't address the dives that are spotted by the refs.
It's the same as the pulling shirts in the box thing. They gave a few early on and then forgot about it.

Anustart89

Chelsea literally got Morata sent off for diving mid-week. Yellow for diving + yellow for arguing like a bitch.

Also Pedro got done for diving too. So...yeah...
And so did Herrera. But I didn't mean that they literally haven't given a single yellow card. Plus Morata was booked for diving and sent off for the dissent. My point is that tons of players have had blatant dives waved off without any punishment, more so than in previous seasons IMO.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ayew's playing well. Good player, when he can be bothered.
Maybe because there are clubs interested in him this window? Touch cynical!

EDIT: Oh my word!! Did anyone see that monstrosity of a Liverpool fan on TV there! @GifLord It's around 71st minute.

I've just stuck a tenner on a Liverpool win at 5-1...!
Hopefully, Swansea get something but a small money win would ease the pain.

Anustart89

It's the same as the pulling shirts in the box thing. They gave a few early on and then forgot about it.
Yup, and studs-up challenges a few years ago, where every single one was a red and now it's when it suits the ref.

My absolute favourite, however, was last season when refs were told to clamp down on dissent. They started booking players left, right and centre for dissent, only to later in the same game let them get away with shocking challenges because they had already been booked and it would've been their second booking. Case in point, Costa booked early for dissent, then not even yellow carded for this cracker on Adrian :lol: :lol:

Nickosaur

Danny Ings - completely forgot he existed.

Swansea are pretty terrible, luckily for them Liverpool have been worse.

Paxi

are Juve really after Can?
Yeah, think I seen reports that Bayern are interested. fecking hell. He's so mediocre I forget he's on the pitch 90% of the time.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
are Juve really after Can?
As long as it´s free they don´t have any standards. I mean look at Goretzka and Can. Both free, both German internationals, both same age. One half of Europe wanted. Nobody wants Can. Liverpool lose 5% of their games without Can starting and like 15% with him starting. He sucks.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
And so did Herrera. But I didn't mean that they literally haven't given a single yellow card. Plus Morata was booked for diving and sent off for the dissent. My point is that tons of players have had blatant dives waved off without any punishment, more so than in previous seasons IMO.
I agree that it happens a lot, not sure if it's more this season, but it's noticeable. What I've seen that really deceives refs is a player charging in, and kind of gently over balancing, then just leaving their leg trailing for a split second longer than looks natural, making contact and going down.

All hail VAR

kidbob

Why are you surprised ? They always chase these kind of players, then miraculously turn them to great, God only know how.
If they can turn Can great they should be investigated for using witch doctors.

Nickosaur

Ayew off?? Bony will be useless, watch him touch the ball twice and remain isolated for the rest of the match.

Paxi

Liverpool will still win this.