Premier League Gameweek 24 midweek fixtures (29th - 30th Jan 2019)

vodrake

Frustrating to not take advantage but coming out of that game week a little closer to top 4 isn't the end of the world I guess....

Irwin99

Because I genuinely believe that City have a better squad (by a decent margin) and a better first team than Liverpool and I think they and their manager should be hungry enough to see off all challengers. That game against Newcastle wouldn't have happened last year. I'm not taking anything away from pool and I think they've really learnt to grind out wins like champions do but City should be mentally stronger and should be relishing this challenge.

Also, I don't think Liverpool will get 100 points. I'd be very shocked if they don't drop points somewhere along the way.
Told ya :D Seriously, Leicester are a weird team with some dangerous players. Hope they don't turn up on Sunday and we get an easy 3 points :nervous:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Brilliant result for Spurs, we still keep grinding out those results in the league even with the injuries.

Tapori

When you watch the Chelsea match on MOTD it won't show how lacking in spirit they were. On auto-pilot
Luiz will make you laugh
Emerson was run ragged

RedDevil@84

Feck off Liverpool. 5 points is still recoverable. Let's hope City don't bottle any more games.
We ll know by next 3 match days

Pool play West Ham (A) Bournemouth (H) Manchester United (A)

City play Arsenal (H) Everton (A) Chelsea (H)

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I really hope this is an early sign of Liverpool starting to brick it.
Their performances have certainly started to deteriorate these past couple of weeks. Lucky v Brighton. Lucky v Palace. Lucky tonight.

It’s a pity those City wankers aren’t the ruthless machine of last season. They’d be well clear and we wouldn’t be in here sweating ourselves.

sveisa

I was at work and kept a glance at the scores, but I ignored the Chelsea game because I thought they were winning 3-0. Yikes was I surprised when I realized what was happening.

arthurka

Surprising thing about Chilwell is that he’s really good at winning defensive headers. If the rumours are to be believed City are after him.

Ricardo has been a great signing for them too.
They both have crossing and defending in their lockers..

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I was pretty confident before this game with the players having had a 10 day rest but this was awful. Leicester were as close to getting the winner as we were. I hope it’s complacancy and not nerves.

Loublaze

ATLien
Th
He's made some decent runs but Chelsea don't have any one who wants to pass forward . Just sideways tippy tappy shit
Its Mourinho 2015 all over again for them. We can't mess up top 4 now

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Well it's a point gained but we need to perform better in our remaining games.

Think we might need City to drop a point here and there to actually win it.
They've dropped plenty already to be fair. That's a huge let off for City tonight after their dropped bollock last night. 5 points is still a small lead.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They've dropped plenty already to be fair. That's a huge let off for City tonight after their dropped bollock last night. 5 points is still a small lead.
I’d say it’s a bigger let off for us. If City had won we’d be feeling big pressure.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
Great round for Spurs. Extend the lead on fourth, close the gap on City.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Can't imagine a lot of people winning a lot of money on this rounds results. First time Liverpool don't win against a team outside the top 6, City lose to Newcastle who can barely score goals, Chelsea get schooled by Bournemouth similarly to the opener last season and we managed a solid and good point against Sean "unbeaten on a Tuesday" Dyche.

Spurs manages to become a dark horse for the league again on paper and solidifying themselves in the top 4 race.

Elsewhere Juventus lose 3-0 and Roma lose 7-1. Betting parlours jumping for joy.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How many days of rest did they have before this game? (Liverpool)

Sylar

Frustrating to not take advantage but coming out of that game week a little closer to top 4 isn't the end of the world I guess....
Tbf we played first so not really a case of not taking advantage
Spurs will be happiest along with arsenal and Liverpool and us being slightly ok as we are kinda better of in terms of where we wanna be given the season
Odd week

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
An awful lot. They were in Dubai at a warm weather training camp so I’m sure it was lovely to come back home to ice and snow.
Fecked us up two years ago as well.

We had three weeks off before playing...Leicester. They had two CL games against Sevilla before they even played us.

We went there all fresh and ready to go, and got battered 3-1.

moodyred

Its only Cardiff
Its only Huddersfield
Its only Bournemouth
Blah Blah Blah

Its Bournemouth, Leicester, Newcastle and Burnley that the top 6 couldn't beat this midweek games. One got a spanking too.

Last edited:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Normally I'd stick to the maths and say it's not that bad as we're 1 point closer but with our upcoming sandwich fixtures and a tough trip to Leicester that was brutal. We're in a position that we can barely afford losing points to Liverpools, Chelseas or Arsenals, let alone bloody Burnley at home.

Member 114837

Its only Cardiff
Its only Huddersfield
Its only Bournemouth
Blah Blah Blah

Its Bournemouth, Leicester, Newcastle and Burnley that the top 6 couldn't beat this midweek games. One got a spanking too.
Complacency, tiredness for some, headless chicken strategy, arrogance for others. And Congrats to Tottenham for doing so well and maintaining pressure even with a severely depleted squad.

From a neutral perspective I really enjoyed this round of results. Why should the big boys have all the fun?

Member 114837

An awful lot. They were in Dubai at a warm weather training camp so I’m sure it was lovely to come back home to ice and snow.
A Thermal shock? Whatever it was, the performance was shocking and insipid. Deserved draw.

Member 114837

Fecked us up two years ago as well.

We had three weeks off before playing...Leicester. They had two CL games against Sevilla before they even played us.

We went there all fresh and ready to go, and got battered 3-1.
It was after beating Tottenham 2-0, if I remember correctly. But that team had a shocker of a January and February to be fair, not just the single Leicester game.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
5 points is nothing. City have a strength in depth Liverpool lack so my money would be on City.

On the other hand, City are bound to prioritise the CL and Liverpool will only be too happy to crash out. If Klopp has a go at the CL I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish empty handed. That would be hilarious actually.