Premier League Gameweek 26 (3rd - 5th February 2018)

haram

It’s a joke, he’s playing Alli and Eriksen and they cant even get the ball into them. Alli shouldn’t have started, and they should have another CM in there.

el3mel

Hopefully Spurs nick the equalizer and ends 1-1, the best result. However, Liverpool win isn't a bad result, though, will nullify our last defeat.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
"Newcastle will be playing Man Utd next Sunday where they'll be hoping to repeat their performance over a century ago where they won 5-0 back in 1907."
Every time they announce one of our games they seem to be willing the other side to win. I know you are joking but it is annoying.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Still think this midfield and in particular Milner more than anything is the wrong selection. I think we could have been further in front, good goal though.

Hopefully Gini on in the second half. This game is far from over

Tapori

Liverpool really should be further ahead. Terrible final balls.
Spurs being Spuds.
Interesting 2nd half in store.
Henderson and Milner have served Klopp well. Esp. Henderson who's been commanding.
Robertson has been poor.
Kane I think is already thinking about his Spain flights.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
See I can go with this criticism of Jose. His reluctance to use Herrera hinders the team sometimes. Even McTominay Matic and Pogba could work.
Exactly. We were a man down in midfield.. a place where games are won

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
2-0 looks more likely than 1-1. Come on Spurs you away game bottlers.

Tapori

Still think this midfield and in particular Milner more than anything is the wrong selection. I think we could have been further in front, good goal though.

Hopefully Gini on in the second half. This game is far from over
I think Klopp has got it spot on; your forwards wastefulness has been apparent.
Against Spuds, your midfield has to be solid and Henderson and Milner together give your fragile backline more solidity.

el3mel

Anyway I think that's the problem of both sides (Liverpool and Spurs) especially the latter one, that both are excellent when it clicks on a single day but at the same time not consistent to put the same performance each game. Spurs inconsistency is more obvious though. They can look like beasts in one game and terrible in another one.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t expect Spurs to get anything. Liverpool will grab another and kill it off.

GM K

We didn't offer much in the 2nd half but it was definitely due to them being much better than us all round. Every player would have gotten 8/10 minimum and they won every 50/50.

They did the exact same thing against Liverpool at home as well.
People talk about tactical flaws. Fair assessment but I think our biggest problem was that we had no fight in us, no fire in the belly. We had too many players who simply did not come to the party, too many players who were lazy on the day.

melatonin

There's something about Englands Eric Dier that seems to absolve him from criticism by English pundits

Reactions: SteveJ

James Peril

Dier the worst player on the pitch by quite some distance, the difference between the teams. Nice assist for Salah to exploit.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just goes to show how playing away from home against a top 6 side is so tough. Kane looked brilliant against us. He is not so great today.

Djemba-Djemba

Just goes to show how playing away from home against a top 6 side is so tough. Kane looked brilliant against us. He is not so great today.
Yep.

None of the top 6 is particularly great away to their rivals. City have a chance this season because they've won at Utd and Chelsea already but that's about it.

haram

And this same Liverpool side went to Spurs and lost 4-1.

mehdimike

Supports
Real Madrid-Roma
I guess, I'm going to watch the first 5 minutes of every Spurs game, from now!

thrillerx

Supports
Liverpool
Not too surprising.

Spurs or anybody really coming at us at Anfield usually doesn't work out so great for the oppo. Lucky they're only down 1-0, we need to be more composed in our counters

Giggs86

"Newcastle will be playing Man Utd next Sunday where they'll be hoping to repeat their performance over a century ago where they won 5-0 back in 1907."
How about if we repeat the 5 (6?) we've put past them a decade ago instead?

ti vu

Beside City. Every other top 5 team seems to not to do so well away from home vs other top 5 team. Not including Arsenal because they are terrible even at home.