Premier League Gameweek 27 (10th - 12th February 2018)

el3mel

Each weekend when Arsenal gets points and their rivals lose some, they immediately go on and lose points the next game to widen the gap again, impossible to finish in top 4.

Fair play for Spurs 7 points from 3 successive big games, impressive return and can see then leapfrogging Chelsea to a top 4 finish.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Both sides will finish that feeling frustrated. Terrible finishing all game.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Wilshere done nothing the whole game then tries to fight somebody when the whistle goes. Grow up you dickhead.

Javi

How many times did Aubameyang even get the ball in the final third? With that midfield they could play Messi and Ronaldo upfront and not score.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
And transfer-wise they put all their eggs in the attacking department and are left without a midfield and a sloppy defence.

Wenger said before the game that their best form of defending was keeping the ball. Then you look at that midfield and wonder how on earth that was plausible.
Arsenals transfers have been puzzling for a while to be honest.

Imran Mamdani

Its really sad to see majority of the teams up the tempo, pressure at the last mins of the game when they're down. Why not start earlier - it don't make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Good win for Spurs, fully deserved. But we should have won by 2 or 3 goals. Dembele was fantastic.

A few weeks ago people were talking about our tough fixture list: United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juve. Well, so far we have 2 home wins and 1 away draw, which is excellent.

Juve up next ... bring it on.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Arsenals transfers have been puzzling for a while to be honest.
I cannot remember the last time that they made a good defensive signing, Sol Campbell possibly, but that was a while ago now.
Wenger just seems obsessed with signing creative players, and not signing any defenders.
Madness really, but you reap what you sow I suppose.

crossy1686

career ending
How do you know he wouldn't? Trust me he knows very well what teams want him he doesn't have to wait till the summer, his agents phone will have been ringing since last summer, and still no bid. Do you really think negotiations only happen during windows?
Tottenham are still currently on course to finish in the top 4. As I said in my original statement, he doesn't have to look for a move if Tottenham qualify for the CL, but you Spurs fans are in for a rough summer of hoping and praying that some concrete with seats in it is enough to keep your prize asset if you don't and you know it. And that's the same for any team, not just Tottenham and Harry Kane. Arsenal have been picked apart this season and it will happen again when they don't qualify.

I would suspect that Kane isn't looking for a move right now and he's probably content, but you finish 5th and Madrid come knocking, expect all that to change. You wouldn't have been upset with my original comment if you thought differently.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Good win for Spurs, fully deserved. But we should have won by 2 or 3 goals. Dembele was fantastic.

A few weeks ago people were talking about our tough fixture list: United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juve. Well, so far we have 2 home wins and 1 away draw, which is excellent.

Juve up next ... bring it on.
Good run of form. Poch seems to finally getting results in the bigger games.

Classical Mechanic

How many times did Aubameyang even get the ball in the final third? With that midfield they could play Messi and Ronaldo upfront and not score.
He has to work harder though. There was a moment when Dembele was the last man and Auba let him tun with the ball at leisure. He made 1 interception and 0 tackles in the whole game and only committed 1 foul. He has to fight more.

3 PM kick off lineups

Sandyman

Everton vs Crystal Palace

Stoke vs Brighton

Swansea Burnley

West Ham vs Watford

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Spurs lucky to get 4 from the last two.
LOL at the bitterness. If anything they could have had 6.

Other than the shaky ending it’s been total dominance from Spurs in the second half of their last three games. Very impressive.

Bad result for us. If Chelsea get a new manager to galvanize that team we could be right back in the top 4 fight with a few poor results. Need to keep that gap as it is.

Water Melon

I am rooting for Spurs to knock Juve out. The more English teams in CL the better. The more games to play for Spurs the better.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Pathetic performance from Arsenal. They were lucky not to get done 5 or 6. Shocking stuff.

Sandyman

Evra on the bench for West Ham. Will watch that. Hope he gets on at some point.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Tottenham are still currently on course to finish in the top 4. As I said in my original statement, he doesn't have to look for a move if Tottenham qualify for the CL, but you Spurs fans are in for a rough summer of hoping and praying that some concrete with seats in it is enough to keep your prize asset if you don't and you know it. And that's the same for any team, not just Tottenham and Harry Kane. Arsenal have been picked apart this season and it will happen again when they don't qualify.

I would suspect that Kane isn't looking for a move right now and he's probably content, but you finish 5th and Madrid come knocking, expect all that to change. You wouldn't have been upset with my original comment if you thought differently.
Why do you keep mentioning the stadium as the only reason for Harry staying? Hes a Tottenham boy, he wants to win with Tottenham, I agree if we don't in the up coming seasons he will go but for now he is staying. I will choose to believe what Kane says rather than what other fans say, I dont get why so many opposition fans are so keen for him to be moved on :lol:. Tell me and I really wanna know, if Harry was so easily prized away why did neither United or Chelsea even try to get him last summer?

Arsenal lost Sanchez, id hardly call it picked apart.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Lamela looks like a proper annoying twat, even more so than Scappy Doo.