g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 27 (10th - 12th February 2018)

Sandyman

2 chances 2 goals. Liverpool lead 2-0 at HT. But, Southampton have been the better team IMO.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If we do win this, it’ll probably be the first time in a long time we’ve played badly and won.

We’ve been woeful
Lovely bit of skill for that second though

Having a keeper who saves things helps, those go in and we're chasing on the back foot. He keeps us in it and even though we haven't been great we have the base to go and score. It's small margins at this level.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
If we do win this, it’ll probably be the first time in a long time we’ve played badly and won.

We’ve been woeful
Not really been that bad, we've just soaked up Saints' pressure and hit them on the break. You can't be free flowing every game.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Having a keeper who saves things helps, those go in and we're chasing on the back foot. He keeps us in it and even though we haven't been great we have the base to go and score. It's small margins at this level.
So that's the feeling De Gea gives Utd fans. Not comparing Karius to him but comparing the feeling. We've been missing out big time. :(

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool

Yeah, those Karius saves have been good, but it was so easy for them to create those chances. Should be much harder than that.

Not really been that bad, we've just soaked up Saints' pressure and hit them on the break. You can't be free flowing every game.
I dunno. Had we not be two up I think a lot of us would be raging right now. But like I say. Most sides can do this ‘play bad and win’ thing. Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham come to mind. We need to be in that bracket too

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
So that's the feeling De Gea gives Utd fans. Not comparing Karius to him but comparing the feeling. We've been missing out big time. :(
He's not DDG but he was extremely highly rated in Germany. We need to back him till the summer and then 're evaluate. He's a talented player though whos been doubly as maligned as Mignolet from all quarters.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, those Karius saves have been good, but it was so easy for them to create those chances. Should be much harder than that.

I dunno. Had we not be two up I think a lot of us would be raging right now. But like I say. Most sides can do this ‘play bad and win’ thing. Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham come to mind. We need to be in that bracket too
Yeah would broadly agree with that. We just don't have the ability, it's just a lack of defensive nous really. Nobody senses danger.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What are the odds of an early Southampton goal and a final 2-2 scoreline? I bet they're not as high as they should be.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Yep, exactly. All top sides have games like this. Nice that our keeper has made a couple of saves for once too, forgot what that feels like.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
What are the odds of an early Southampton goal and a final 2-2 scoreline? I bet they're not as high as they should be.
Says a lot about our defensive game that we’re actually sweating on the possibility of that happening. :nervous:

Sandyman

I know Liverpool GKs are expected to screw up every match but those are pretty standard saves right?

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
I know Liverpool GKs are expected to screw up every match but those are pretty standard saves right?
Yeah... they are. But our keepers don’t make those saves. That’s the point :lol:.
So for us it’s like we’ve got De Gea in goal

Sandyman

Lemina off. Was having a good game.

Yeah... they are. But our keepers don’t make those saves. That’s the point :lol:.
So for us it’s like we’ve got De Gea in goal
Yeah still seems strange. Much like us expecting our attack to keep missing chances :(

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
I hate our midfield. It’s just an engine that’s it. Endless amounts of energy but not enough goals/assists

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I've just seen a Liverpool fan on the BBC site post something like...

"Reckon we're going to knock united off their second placed perch"

Two things on that... Firstly, city must be quaking in their boots.

Secondly, second placed perch :lol:

Did number 19 and 20 really hurt mate? I bet they did.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool

Should probably post this in the RAWK thread. Will get more laughs.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

I could be completely wrong here but the way Liverpool and Arsenal fans gloat about City more than any other club, you'd think that's their second team.

Charles Miller

Liverpool players are not fresh in front of the goal with all that defensive work they need to do. Only team that can press 90 minutes and still with full energy is City; for some reason.

Spirit of Solskjaer

I could be completely wrong here but the way Liverpool and Arsenal fans gloat about City more than any other club, you'd think that's their second team.
It is strange. The standard response on social media by the fans of either of those teams to any United fan these days seems to be "Enjoy City's dominance for the next decade :lol:" Are they really hoping for that to happen? Why would that be a good thing for them? :confused:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Much better second half apart from the finishing.

On to Porto.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Much like united fans in 14 then.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I notice whenever the gap drops below 5 points they all come out of the woodwork.

Honestly, I couldn't give a feck who finishes 2nd. City will have the title wrapped up within the next 5 games.

Liverpool will have their usual late season run of hope where they convince themselves it's on for next season. Rinse repeat goodnight.

Peanut Butter

I notice whenever the gap drops below 5 points they all come out of the woodwork.

Honestly, I couldn't give a feck who finishes 2nd. City will have the title wrapped up within the next 5 games.

Liverpool will have their usual late season run of hope where they convince themselves it's on for next season. Rinse repeat goodnight.
Agree completely.