Premier League Gameweek 31+32

eire-red

The worst thing about being a United fan right now is not being involved in these types of games anymore. Also, it's a stark reminder of how far behind we are.

As much as I hate to say it, I love watching Kevin De Bruyne. Been the best for me in the PL over the last 5 years or so. Maybe harsh on Salah, but De Bruyne always shows up in the big games.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I thought Bernardo Silva was the best player on the pitch. De Bruyne close second. City should have won by a few.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
In terms of quality, yeah, we've seen better. But in terms of physical conditionning and pace of the game, it's right up there. These two sides could run all day.
Yeah, but they could in 18/19 too and they were better overall imo. That game was right up there with the best clasicos from both the quality of the football and the entertainment. This one was a level below

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think you genuinely believed you were in with a chance though that’s why I stated the obvious. Now you say you’re just joking..
Yep. Spot on. I think Chelsea will overtake not one but two teams, who happen to be the two best teams in Europe, from 10+ points behind with 8 games left. Yeah, you got me there mate.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Btw, these two are playing each other again in a week right?

The Dane

I might have made a deal with the devil as I said yesterday before the Everton match, that I would gladly accept that we lost all the other remaining games this season if only we could take a point from Liverpool at Anfield. Realistic only half of the deal is likely to happen though.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
City can manage to bring on a £100m pound player for the the last 8 minutes - we are so far away from these two it’s laughable.
Strange thing to point to to show how far we're behind. Having an expensive player who hasn't quite fulfilled their potential is one thing we're actually good at!

padr81

Supports
Man City
City can manage to bring on a £100m pound player for the the last 8 minutes - we are so far away from these two it’s laughable.
Don't you bring on £85m Pogba like every match? Chelsea £100m Big Rom too. I don't think that's what separates the squads given United's cost more. Its more board room incompetence.

Blood Mage

Lineker giving it the old "two best teams in the history of sport ever"

Our 07/08 team still beats both of these sides comfortably IMO. Well maybe not comfortably because that's never how United have done things, but 7 times out of 10 we'd beat them.

Suv666

We spent loads too.
The only difference is that we are a bunch of unorganised clowns who have no idea how to run a football club.
If you give United a billion pounds for transfers they still wouldn't be able to compete with City and Liverpool.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I know you are joking but I don’t think Tuchel has it in him to reach 85+ points, probably not even 80.
He is rather defensive, doesn’t take enough risks, draws too many games to win the Premier League.
That's just not true.

More dropped points under him has been down to wastefulness over caution.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yep, then Crystal Palace will trash the winner of the 2 to win the FA Cup! Heard it here first.
Of course Crystal Palace will win the FA Cup. One of my teams has to win something at least :lol:

miked99

Jesus, Micah Ricards is tiresome. Nearly went into another shouty rant when someone dared disagree with him. Spends the rest of the time guffawing inane comments. He adds nothing, bored of the sight and sound of him.

padr81

Supports
Man City
@padr81 i find the Grealish signing odd. Why did you get him? Really against your usual solid recruitment
Looking a really poor signing so far. He has the ability to play for us and I believe KDB really pushed for this signing to take the creative burden off but so far he looks lost.

For one he's way too greedy and slow. Funny enough he's having a similar season to Mahrez first at City where he just can't click tactically, didn't want to pass and after Pep trying to force him got dropped for the vital run at the end of the season. Mahrez finished that season with 12 g and 12 a though, Grealish has no end product by comparison.4 gl and 3 a. I think he'll get next season to make or break or he'll be out the door for £40m to a Spurs or West Ham.

Relevant

I was more alluding to the level of Man City and Liverpool.
Wondering if you understand TAA's role in this particular - almost unique - setup?

I like James for your team, think he's a great all-rounder.

Reckon I'd prefer TAA for what he offers the team......only for Liverpool and their system though. Reckon he'd be a liability for United, but what's new there? :houllier:

TheReligion

Abusive
Looking a really poor signing so far. He has the ability to play for us and I believe KDB really pushed for this signing to take the creative burden off but so far he looks lost.

For one he's way too greedy and slow. Funny enough he's having a similar season to Mahrez first at City where he just can't click tactically and after Pep trying to force him got dropped for the vital run at the end of the season. Mahrez finished that season with 12 g and 12 a though, Grealish has no end product.4 gl and 3 a. I think he'll get next season to make or break or he'll be out the door for £40m to a Spurs or West Ham.
I think he’s a very talented player and wanted him at United (not for that fee though).

I just don’t think he’s a good fit for you. That counter he ruined at the end by holding the ball too long highlighted this. It’s worrying he’s still doing this after a season with the club under Pep. Then again he’s always liked to hold and pull in players; that’s his style. Unless Pep feels he can work on this?

Seems a hell of a lot of money for a player you need to adapt though which I think is my point.

George The Best

Don't you bring on £85m Pogba like every match? Chelsea £100m Big Rom too. I don't think that's what separates the squads given United's cost more. Its more board room incompetence.
Yes, but we also bring on Mata, Lingard, have 2 keepers on the bench and have to play Matic.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think he’s a very talented player and wanted him at United (not for that fee though).

I just don’t think he’s a good fit for you. That counter he ruined at the end by holding the ball too long highlighted this. It’s worrying he’s still doing this after a season with the club under Pep. Then again he’s always liked to hold and pull in players; that’s his style. Unless Pep feels he can work on this?

Seems a hell of a lot of money for a player you need to adapt though which I think is my point.
100%. At the end was the perfect example of his struggles, instead of sliding the ball and letting the other player do the work, he tried to jink through 2 men to make sure he put KDB right in. At Villa that might have been necessary because of the quality of his teammates, at City that ball has to go first time. Mahrez still does it a bit but not nearly as bad as Grealish (that said he too should have passed to Foden instead of cutting in and scooping hte ball into outer space).

We've had lots of people struggle for a year and I thought were flops but eventually clicked Rodri, Bernardo, Mahrez, Cancelo (I called him our worst signing 20 months ago) and Stones so I'm willing to give him the benefit. The only attackers who really settled and hit the ground running under Pep were KDB, Silva, Aguero (despite his defensive issues) and Sane. All the rest needed 12 months to fit in.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I know Alexander-Arnold had a stinker defensively but he got the assist for the goal in the first half and made a forward pass to Salah to open things up for Mane's goal. He's too good offensively to worry about his defensive shortcomings. We've only conceded 22 goals in the league in 31 games. Robertson wasn't any better defensively today.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
That's just not true.

We’ve scored over 100 goals in all comps this season and people still think we’re a conservative, defensive side. :rolleyes:

If Werner and some of our other forwards weren’t so damned wasteful and missing sitters we’d have two dozen more scored.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
That's just not true.

Not really. Every top team wastes chances. Not just Chelsea. He is just not as willing to throw the kitchen sink if losing or not winning as let’s say Klopp for example. Just more cautious. Plus his 5 at the back formation. You can argue as much otherwise but despite Chelsea’s deep squad I don’t see him getting enough wins to win the league (and I don’t just mean this season).

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Our 07/08 team still beats both of these sides comfortably IMO.
I think it's the only one that could cope with them physically and technically but I don't know if it's comfortable (especially the city side).

Think it's 50/50.

*EDIT* It just goes to show how ahead of their time that team was.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We’ve scored over 100 goals in all comps this season and people still think we’re a conservative, defensive side. :rolleyes:

If Werner and some of our other forwards weren’t so damned wasteful and missing sitters we’d have two dozen more scored.
Oh yeah, how can one forget 5 goals against the mighty Chesterfield.
I am talking about the league and over 38 games I don’t feel Tuchel is capable of gaining enough wins to win the league and I feel the main reason for this is his rather cautious approach (not saying he is Mourinho 2013/14 and after defensive but still relatively speaking).
But we will all see maybe next season he proves me wrong.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
De Bruyne is everything united fans imagine Scholes used to be.

But actually exists.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah, but they could in 18/19 too and they were better overall imo.
I agree with this, they are world class sides but the previous versions of each were better.

The Liverpool side at the moment is nowhere near side that dominated the beginning of the 2019/20 season.