Premier League Gameweek 32-33

Fully Fledged

Bazunu took about four minutes on the goal kicks so no different to the World cup and Saints also had Lavia treated for a couple of minutes in second half so didn't see the big issue tbh.

A weaker ref could've easily pointed to the spot aswell when they were collapsing in the box so overall he did quite well.
It hasn't happened in the league though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
2 minutes for lino armband too but clear agenda. An agenda that could have seen Southampton relegated.

It's like the style of extra time we all want to see, but you can't just suddenly pull that in a huge game in the title race and relegation race. Unjustifiable unless it's consistent from now till seasons end which we know it won't be.

Thankfully had no baring on the result.
Forgot the linesman thing.

If you add that up, goals, subs, Bazunu taking endless time on goal kicks, Lavia and other stuff I've forgotten it does come up to about 7 minutes imo but the first half stuff was very excessive as there wasn't five minutes on top of Bednarek injury.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It hasn't happened in the league though.
We had 8 minutes added on at Brighton in November when Emi was doing his usual.

Didn't Arsenal score in 97th minute v Bournemouth? Man. City also had a couple of games this season go 100 + minute although think one was due to serious injury (Everton?)

Fully Fledged

Didn't Arsenal score in 97th minute v Bournemouth? Man. City also had a couple of games this season go 100 + minute although think one was due to serious injury (Everton?)
Not 16 minutes extra though.

hp88

I’m not really arsed who won tonight - but 15 minutes of injury time in that game is very suspicious. Other than Bednarek, who was down for 2-3 mins, I can’t remember a stoppage of note. It was a standard 4 minutes max
It's been like this since the Brentford game, remember a stupid amount of time being added on against Bournemouth as well which allowed them to get a winner.

hp88

Yeah it was 6 minutes added on but felt like the ref wasn't going to blow until Arsenal scored which they did after the 6 minutes where up.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Forgot the linesman thing.

If you add that up, goals, subs, Bazunu taking endless time on goal kicks, Lavia and other stuff I've forgotten it does come up to about 7 minutes imo but the first half stuff was very excessive as there wasn't five minutes on top of Bednarek injury.
But we don't get that in other games.
If we did Newcastle and United would still be playing. Bazunu wasn't crazy slow either compared to most imho, the crowd just started whistling after a couple of seconds first half, though he should have been booked 2nd half.

The point mostly is it's inconsistent, the pl clearly stated there'd be no wc like stoppage time when everyone asked for it. So for this ref to pull that in such a big game is not ok.

106 minutes the game ran tonight.

Fully Fledged

Yeah first half I have no idea what the 7 minutes stuff was about as Bednarek was off the pitch in half that time if less.
And although they said 8 minutes in the second half the game didn't finish until 99:46 so that was at least 16 minutes 46 seconds.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
What a cracking game for a neutral. No idea how the officials reached so much added time, and no idea how Bazunu wasn’t booked for time wasting. Great game to watch with a nice glass of merlot though!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
And although they said 8 minutes in the second half the game didn't finish until 99:46 so that was at least 16 minutes 46 seconds.
There was a Southampton player down after one of the corners in injury time and he was actually receiving treatment in the box so that extra 90 seconds or so was legitimate.

Siorac

Technically, Arsenal's fate is still in their own hands...

They only have to win at a team that they lost to, what, 15 times in a row in the league?

Josh 76

There was a Southampton player down after one of the corners in injury time and he was actually receiving treatment in the box so that extra 90 seconds or so was legitimate.
Exactly.
The longer the injury time, the more chance of stoppage time behind added on the injury time due to injuries and time wasting.

Can’t understand why people can’t get their heads around that!

Fully Fledged

All of it could be accounted for, but it doesn't happen in every other game this season. The only thing that has been consistent this season has been the inconstancy.

KGBhoy

That’s the decider right there. Can’t see City blowing it though.]
Is it though? Arsenal still have to play Brighton, Chelsea, Newcastle, and Wolves. I can see them dropping points in all of those games. Yes, even Chelsea.

Fully Fledged

Exactly.
The longer the injury time, the more chance of stoppage time behind added on the injury time due to injuries and time wasting.

How many games this season have you seen with nearly 17 minutes of stoppage time? I can tell you the answer 1.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Exactly.

More or less, though there wasn't 90 seconds of additional storage in the extra time, and in other games it's never fully accounted for anyway. Also, the initial added 8mns made no sense, in the context of stoppage in the PL this season.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
All of it could be accounted for, but it doesn't happen in every other game this season. The only thing that has been consistent this season has been the inconstancy.
This is exactly how I feel. I understand essentially “stopping the clock” during injury time (adding on exact time a player is down during injury time), what I don’t understand is how they reach the minutes they do from week to week.

George The Best

Is it though? Arsenal still have to play Brighton, Chelsea, Newcastle, and Wolves. I can see them dropping points in all of those games. Yes, even Chelsea.
It’s the decider because if City win it they will romp it. As you say, Arsenal still have some very difficult matches.

acnumber9

I don’t even think his shit housing was that bad, it was made to feel worse that arsenal players, mainly Jesus started holding their arms up within a split second of him getting the ball.

I’m actually all for the way it was done at the World Cup, but you can’t just have a random game with no majory injuries attract 15 minutes of additional time when any other game would have had 7-8 max
I agree that it shouldn’t only be one game. The ref warned him after 60 minutes. Why even warn him? He knows the rules, book him and if he continues to do it send him off. It will quickly stop.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just caught the highlights. fecking hell Arsenal really are throwing it away. At home to Southampton, come on you have to win that. City will be have just gotten a huge doze of confidence watching that lot struggle against the bottom team

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Surely if Arsenal beat City they wouldn’t piss away those games with such an incredible chance to win the league? They probably would wouldn’t they. It’s weird how Leicester held it together so well when they won the league from nowhere when there’s so many big clubs who just choke all the time. Us included.

RedStarUnited

Surely if Arsenal beat City they wouldn’t piss away those games with such an incredible chance to win the league? They probably would wouldn’t they. It’s weird how Leicester held it together so well when they won the league from nowhere when there’s so many big clubs who just choke all the time. Us included.
Leicester were being chased by a team that went on to become famous for being the only team to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Arsenal are being chased by a juggernaut.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Personally, I think we’ve been pretty poor with the occasional decent performance that goes against the trend or against very poor opposition but that’s just me and that does coincide with Rashford being out.

This isn’t really the thread for this but my only gripe is that we were never going to win the EL with this squad but we pushed deep anyway, lost a bunch of players to long term injuries because we played the same first 11 for 20 games over two months, and then eventually went out playing the team we should have played from the start. I think that is poor squad management.

All the while the top 4 is still to play for. We took a massive step last weekend and I think we’ll make it now but it was much tighter previously.
Fair comments.

I disagree slightly with the run of form. Bar the odd game I feel we have been good, just as you say injuries are catching up slightly.
Rashford and Bruno out hindering our attacking threat somewhat, and a completely new back four near enough.

I think the manager has rotated well personally, maybe there has been the odd occasion whereby Casemiro or Bruno could have come off earlier but by and large the fact that fatigue hasn't seemed to be an issue until this deep into the season is testimony to how the coaching staff have looked after the players.

A loss on Sunday can of course change perspective slightly, but only by a bit, as long as top four is also achieved.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Even Leicester 'only' won two of their last five games when they won the league.

They held it together pretty well before the last five whereby they tightened up and had to rely on a few very late winners/equalisers to see them through.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Rutter is an interesting one. Club transfer record who has started a grand total of one game in the PL.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Everyone just took a year off that season as brilliant as that Leicester achievement was. Did Leicester even finish on 80 points in the end, they basiclly won the league when they got to 73 points whereas Arsenal could still get to 90 and not win it.

top1whoisman

Scout
So all the referees missed the back pass by Ream picked up by Leno. No indirect feeekick
I thought that too first by watched it again and I believe it was a Leeds offside before that and the ref said basically ”play on”. He could’ve given a free kick for Fulham but it’s effectively the same if they just continue from there.

That’s how I saw it at least. Judging from the fact that none of the Leeds players even raised their hand to protest I’d say that was the case. He probably communicated that to the players but we just don’t hear that through tv.

top1whoisman

Scout
I must say I never saw a 34-year old Willian returning to PL and to a decent level. He’s still quite quick and crucial to how Fulham play. Especially as they have nothing close to that level of threat on the right side.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I thought that too first by watched it again and I believe it was a Leeds offside before that and the ref said basically ”play on”. He could’ve given a free kick for Fulham but it’s effectively the same if they just continue from there.

That’s how I saw it at least. Judging from the fact that none of the Leeds players even raised their hand to protest I’d say that was the case. He probably communicated that to the players but we just don’t hear that through tv.
It took a deflection off Rodrigo. That's why no one reacted.

top1whoisman

Scout
It took a deflection off Rodrigo. That's why no one reacted.
Ah yeah saw that now. That's an interesting interpretation as it was still an obvious backpass directed at Leno and it looked like a pretty small deflection from that angle. But probably nothing in it as Leeds players were fine with it.

top1whoisman

Scout
Are you surprised? A terrible team in relegation dogfight against a better team that has nothing to play for.
You're right and no I can't say I'm surprised. Then again sometimes these type of matches can turn into 4-4 classics with three red cards and massive brawls. But at this stage of the season I guess it's to be expected that some teams are really cautious etc.