Premier League Gameweek 32-33

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The Bournemouth game was where you fecked it really. If you didn't have that run after you beat United, if say you would look likely to make it. City loss is fine but Bournemouth, failing to beat Arsenal, struggling vs Chelsea at Anfield... That killed it.
I mean we followed beating City at Anfield with lifeless defeats away to Forest and home to Leeds. We also got battered at Wolves, Brighton and Brentford. Lousy season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm glad I'm not the only who thought Ramsdale was slow
Eh, second goal the ball goes through the defender's legs, he doesn't see it until it's too late. Slow reactions yeah, but I can't blame him for it. First goal yeah, he was slow that's on him

lex talionis

This match wasn't where they fecked it. It was the bottling they did in the previous 3. City at the Etihad is always a nightmare fixture but it wouldn't be near as much of an issue if they hadn't dropped points in the previous 3 with 2 of those matches coming against relegation level teams.
But this was indeed a proverbial "six pointer".

If my math is right, had Arsenal defeated City in either the of its two matches against City Arsenal would now be on 78 and City on 70. Even with two games in hand and let's assume they take 6 points from those two games, Arsenal would still be points clear.

True, every match counts the same three points as every other, but losing to City last night was the knockout blow. Even a draw would have been a fantastic result for Arsenal. Again, let's see if my math actually works but if it ended a draw Arsenal would now be on 76 and City on 71. City would still have control over their destiny but they would have win every one of their remaining matches through the end to lift glorious trophy. As it stands now, City have plenty of room for slip ups even if Arsenal take 15 points from their remaining five matches, which now looks very much in serious doubt given the psychological beating they now have to endure knowing they've bottled it after being destroyed by City.

Last edited:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
what a mad song to come out to :lol: I wonder what the story behind it is
Apparently started as early as 1970 when they gave out copies with programmes to ‘lucky fans’.

It is a banger of tune to be fair.

BarryWinks

That Everton eleven is so negative. Can see them nicking something against Newcastle.

Southampton game is one of those that should end in a draw but one of them gets a penalty (thank you, VAR) and gets the three massive points.

Can't really say about our game. I think we'll be gassed. But then again, I expected us to be gassed second half and during ET on Sunday and we seemed to rise to the occasion. So who knows.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
would have gone for Sabitzer over Eriksen myself. That midfield 3 was pedestrian against Sevilla.
Sabitzer was part of that midfield three against Sevilla? Anyway Skip & Højbjerg isn't the most dynamic midfield duo in PL either.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Southampton all over Bournemouth. Still some fight left in the team. Seeing all those empty seats tells me that some of their fans have already given up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
the longer we go into a game without scoring first the less likely it is we will win. :nervous: :(

BarryWinks

That is it. Everton are fecked. Nothing in the way of quality that can at least bet them back in this one.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Story of Dyche so far. On top at home and trying to nick a 1-0 win, other team scores and we fold. Bye bye PL.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Ballboy can't be bothered cleaning the plastic balloons off the pitch :lol: