Premier League Gameweek 32 + FA Cup QFs

Untd55

First time I have watched Foden properly; he looks very good. Will they stick with him next season with David Silva retiring? #

I hope so. England could do with someone like him in midfield for the next Euros.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Gomez is shot to start with and a number of players are getting old too

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't know, but I can't remember them playing this much hoofball, no way?

It's been a long time, but doubt they were playing aesthetic football either.

To be honest, our side in 2008-2009 grinded a lot of wins too. We only scored 68 goals. We played much worse than the prior 2 seasons of winning the league.

DavidDeSchmikes

The quality of the rest of the league this season has been utter dog turd.

I remember us winning at a canter one year and all the talk being of winning by default etc.
2010/11 and 2012/13
Weak league and luck apparently, especially the 2010/11 season. I remember Alan Hansen showing all the decision and apparent luck we got on MOTD

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Said it before that City are the best team in the League, this season the vast majority of points they dropped were in games they dominated whereas Liverpool were always managing to pick up wins in the games they underperformed. If I'm Pep the first thing I'm doing is sorting out the defence because the attack is still going to get you a lot of goals.
What utter crap!

I hate them but they've been the best because they've won more matches end of. City dropped points because they weren't good enough end of. We are the best team in the League because we've beaten them 3 times...does that work?

You earn the right to be Champions, if others around you aren't good enough, so what?

Mcking

Watching Man City play, you have to wonder how they are 23 points behind Liverpool.

In Rainbows

Foden is a BALLER.

Him Greenwood and Sancho. I like our chances in the 2022 world cup.
It's a shame Gomes didn't develop like the other stars of the 2000 generation did. And it's also a shame that CHO had that nasty injury which kind of deflated him.

Some other 2001 generation talents
Doyle (on bench for City right now)
Jones (felt he and Mason were the best 2 years ago and on bench for Liverpool right now)
Garner
Laird
Saka

Watch out for the 2003 generation which is seen as comparable to the 2000 generation
Bellingham
Musiala
Elliot (on bench for Liverpool)
Barry
Dembele

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
30 year wait, finally put together a genuine title deserving team, and they have to celebrate it at an empty stadium in Manchester having been completely destroyed. Do they all celebrate at full time?

Inigo Montoya

It's a shame Foden didn't follow Sancho's path. Imagine how much ahead of the curve he'd be at a club renowned for developing talent like Dortmund. Or United. :devil:
Shame he's from Stockport or City country as it's better known

Foden is unreal. Him and Greenwood are just levels above any other youngsters in the league (though I rate players like Saka and James highly), can't wait to see them at the Euros next year.

If City keep this up, we're in with a chance to finish with the best defense in the league. Imagine that after all the Maguire slander :lol:

Irrational.

The only fireworks we saw were the ones displayed by City on the pitch.

Feck that Pied Piper of Benefitville Clop and his band of twats.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Thought we were pretty good until it went 1-0, then we left ourselves open to City's excellent attacking.
Like every time we go to their place if we don't take our chances and score first there's only one winner. Not played our best there in the PL since the 0-3 in 2015 one of Klopp's first games.

Inigo Montoya

30 year wait, finally put together a genuine title deserving team, and they have to celebrate it at an empty stadium in Manchester having been completely destroyed. Do they all celebrate at full time?
They can do what they like. Their name is on the trophy and in the record books.

No one cares bar a few bitter fans on here that they're getting stuffed in a dead game

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
:lol: Beyond doubt the biggest bullshitters about their own players. My mate going on about Dani Pacheco for about five years...
Tell me about it. I had to listen to so many conversations like this. I can remember one about Andre Wisdom after a few starts at RB. Apparently he was going to be future England captain at CB

kidbob

What utter crap!

I hate them but they've been the best because they've won more matches end of. City dropped points because they weren't good enough end of. We are the best team in the League because we've beaten them 3 times...does that work?

You earn the right to be Champions, if others around you aren't good enough, so what?
Calm down mate, I don't mean that City deserve to be champions or to take away from Liverpool's season. I meant that when all teams are playing at their best then City are the best team. Doesn't mean they deserve to win any trophies just means that they are the best team in England. It has nothing to do with who is champions. Just like Greece weren't the best team in Europe when they won the European Championships.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
We went through this same denial part too.

Anger is next followed by a huge payout to Jose when he gets himself fired and, lastly, acceptance that he should never have been hired in the first place.

It started with optimism.

Optimism, Denial, Anger, Payout and Acceptance.

The five stages of Jose
Brilliant. Never change, Gary.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Foden is unreal. Him and Greenwood are just levels above any other youngsters in the league (though I rate players like Saka and James highly), can't wait to see them at the Euros next year.

If City keep this up, we're in with a chance to finish with the best defense in the league. Imagine that after all the Maguire slander :lol:
Unless Pep gets an itchy trigger finger and drops another £300m and Foden is relegated to the bench again. It's very plausible. This is a man who once spent £150m on full backs in one window.

KennyBurner

Firmino is so shite but the narrative is he sacrifices himself :lol:. Klopp has to replace him for an actual attacker. Defensive striker my ass.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
People are actually saying TAA is better than wan bissaka :eek: Sterling has had him and Gomez for breakfast