Premier League Gameweek 33 + FAC semis

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Chelsea are actually looking really good to watch with Hazard & Odoi both in the team.

We're all just very lucky because as long as they have Higuain leading the line they'll still struggle to score goals consistently and will be reliant on moments of magic from elsewhere.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Disagree. They’ve got some amazing youngsters. Tammy Abraham will be back and he’s going to be class. Hudson whatever his name is will be class. They’ve got some good players.

They need to get rid of Sarri and they’ll be fine.

@duffer back me up mate.
:lol::lol::lol:

Trizy

Chelsea are actually looking really good to watch with Hazard & Odoi both in the team.

We're all just very lucky because as long as they have Higuain leading the line they'll still struggle to score goals consistently and will be reliant on moments of magic from elsewhere.
With luck they'll both feck off in the summer.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Felipe Anderson having a mare

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With luck they'll both feck off in the summer.
If their transfer ban sticks, and for the first time ever with a bigger name club, the signs are promising, they cannot be stupid enough to shift both.

Trizy

Higuain looks like someones weird ass unemployed lazy uncle who comes down to the local pitch to try show off to his nephews friends about the time he was on trial at Hull by trying terrible skills and just looks like he's gonna have a heart attack.

Cladistics_Fan

@duffer After watching the first 45 minutes, apart from Eden Hazard, I think the only other Chelsea player that really has made a difference (even though it isn't his natural game) is Ngolo Kanté. It is true that there is this idea that he is untouchable as far as yellow cards are concerned, however, we cannot take away the quality of his play and the workload he gets through in a 90 minute game.

One piece of action (other than his 2-3 lung bursting runs) that caught my eye was his backpass in the West Ham box. That is something I would be proud of if someone like Pogba/Herrera or even Martial would do, but to see someone like Kanté do it, I have to take my hat off. You have one exceptional player there and it is a shame that we didn't get to him first.

haram

I thought Kante had to play in the deepest position though :houllier:.

One of the most garbage narratives pushed in football.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
@duffer After watching the first 45 minutes, apart from Eden Hazard, I think the only other Chelsea player that really has made a difference (even though it isn't his natural game) is Ngolo Kanté. It is true that there is this idea that he is untouchable as far as yellow cards are concerned, however, we cannot take away the quality of his play and the workload he gets through in a 90 minute game.

One piece of action (other than his 2-3 lung bursting runs) that caught my eye was his backpass in the West Ham box. That is something I would be proud of if someone like Pogba/Herrera or even Martial would do, but to see someone like Kanté do it, I have to take my hat off. You have one exceptional player there and it is a shame that we didn't get to him first.
Yep, he's been excellent so far. I wish he had have been a bit calmer when he had a decent chance but I can't stay mad.

Cladistics_Fan

Yep, he's been excellent so far. I wish he had have been a bit calmer when he had a decent chance but I can't stay mad.
When Chelsea went on a relatively average run recently, there were quite a few commentators (Emmanuel Petit for one) who were thinking that Sarri was playing Kanté too far forward and that Sarri is misusing him in that sense.

However, from what I know, a player needs time to be able to adapt to a role that is clearly not his main strength. I believe that in a dominant Chelsea side, this has clearly helped him evolve into the sort of player that Sarri wants. If Chelsea were going on a bad run, it wouldn't have helped, but alas, Kanté has evolved with the game and as such, added a new string to his bow. He has the energy, he has the nous, and he also has the spatial awareness (his blind backpass is proof) to be able to play that role. Again, I wish we had a player of that calibre in our setup.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Chelse didn't lose when playing on Monday in 14 matches, (11 wins, 3 draws). Last time they lost on Monday was against us,2-3 in 1994.
Maybe it is time...

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
best player in the league, easily. The only people who think he isnt are stat nerds.

stats by the way, would make you believe Fabianski is the best shot stopper in the prem....
Oh man I love hyperbole.

He's not 'easily' the best player in the league. He's up there in the discussion for sure but he's not easily better than some of the other top players.

Patrick08

If that was united we would have just punted the ball aimlessly and lost the second ball, you have to build from the back at times at this level.

Trizy

How has Kepa been overall? Got an awful lot of stick before Xmas. Looks calm today.