Premier League Gameweek 34 (which is not the same as gameweek 35)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Wtf was that penalty
Looks dumb as hell, but keepers pick a corner probably 19 out of 20 times. Those 19 pens through the middle look so composed and controlled.

Looks like Pickford had done his homework, although I don’t know how often Maddison does that.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Everyone's burying the penalty, but it's a pretty normal 'down the middle' pen as far as I can see.

Of course if the keeper stands there, you look stupid. That's the gamble, but it usually works.

LASpurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Christ what an absolutely WOEFUL penalty........ Come on Leicester, how I'd love to see the bluescouse go down..........

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Got to laugh at commentators. Alan smith giving it "terrible penalty" but if pickford had dived it would have " straight down the middle, cool as you like" :lol:

Sylar

Everyone's burying the penalty, but it's a pretty normal 'down the middle' pen as far as I can see.

Of course if the keeper stands there, you look stupid. That's the gamble, but it usually works.
Looks dumb as hell, but keepers pick a corner probably 19 out of 20 times. Those 19 pens through the middle look so composed and controlled.

Looks like Pickford had done his homework, although I don’t know how often Maddison does that.
Got to laugh at commentators. Alan smith giving it "terrible penalty" but if pickford had dived it would have " straight down the middle, cool as you like" :lol:
This is fair. I think given dcl earlier one down the middle, I was at least expecting some power on it, even if it was down the middle. It seemed very tame even for one that goes down the middle

Rex Banner

I was thinking that. It's just so rare to see a penalty down the middle saved that it naturally looks a bit shit.

Sylar

He is attention seeker. Does that rubbish all the time.
:lol: I'd completely understand if it was like Martinez Vs Bruno in the last minute.
Or even if its a save that keeps Everton in the lead.

But they're losing and aren't exactly on top of the game

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
This is fair. I think given dcl earlier one down the middle, I was at least expecting some power on it, even if it was down the middle. It seemed very tame even for one that goes down the middle
It did but you don’t really have to do much more than pass it down the middle if the keeper dives.

Abraxas

Don't think it was pressure. I don't think he was aiming for the corner and ended bang in the middle. Maybe meant to get more height on it, but he was probably banking on a movement by the keeper, which they nearly always do. So yeah it looks shocking but if you go central it can happen, I'd put it down to good keeping to sense that, because in the reverse situation you look a mug if you dive really early and they roll it in the middle. It's just the gamble that takers and keepers take.

cyberman

But if you hit it so hard without height you aren’t giving the keeper time to dive. Especially when so many wait as long as they can now before diving

Walters_19_MuFc

Despite his penalty miss, Maddison is such a class player. Be interesting to see where he ends up next season. Definitely a top 4 player, in my opinion.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We have assembled an absolute disgraceful set of players. For all the talk about Dyche, Lampard etc., there have been so many disgusting individual errors and lapses of concentration from people on 50k+ per week wages which have led to us losing games or dropping points. From Gueye dropping clangers to stupid sending offs from people like Doucoure or sloppy passes from people like Iwobi and Keane giving away penalties consistently. Just a load of absolute shite and I hate them all.

Sylar

It did but you don’t really have to do much more than pass it down the middle if the keeper dives.
Seeing the replay, Pickford does really well. He feigns he's gonna go one side, but then stands up. It's fantastic goalkeeping

Oranges038

It might be me, but it seems that high stakes penalties get buried down the middle more often than not.

Pickford did well to read it and stand his ground.

Sylar

The one thing I'd say for maddison is the height of his kick. Think low down the middle or higher like dcl gives the keeper a tougher job even if he stands still. But Pickford did a fantastic job of standing still in the end

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
We have assembled an absolute disgraceful set of players. For all the talk about Dyche, Lampard etc., there have been so many disgusting individual errors and lapses of concentration from people on 50k+ per week wages which have led to us losing games or dropping points. From Gueye dropping clangers to stupid sending offs from people like Doucoure or sloppy passes from people like Iwobi and Keane giving away penalties consistently. Just a load of absolute shite and I hate them all.
Your ownership makes ours look half competent.

Sylar

Why was Keane in his defence pointing at a part of the arm that was incriminating him rather than not
When he was making his plea to the ref? :lol:
Think he completely forgot that's a penalty area haha

always_hoping

Bad looking injury for Coleman, awful follow through challenge. Mad match Leincester was truly awful in the first 20 minutes yet could easily be 3-1 in front at half time. That probably says more about the current state of Everton.

PoTMS

I love Pien but she's a far better presenter than a commentator.