g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 36-37

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s fair enough that Leeds may go down given they’ve shipped 76 goals. That’s horrendous. That’s a whole 20 more than Everton. And Man United.

Firmino’s teeth

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, it should have been over that day allright..
Yeah. That was still technically in our hands.

Now it isn’t and it’s the same story from the 18-19 season. (Hope the CL result will be the same!)

There are 3 remaining games. One team is the best in the world making sure they secure the title. The others are mid table and their season were over a month ago.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
It’s fair enough that Leeds may go down given they’ve shipped 76 goals. That’s horrendous. That’s a whole 20 more than Everton. And Man United.
That is a brutal number !!
You just can't let that many in & expect to be competitive .

Walters_19_MuFc

A lot of cut backs to him. He misses so many one on one chances but cut back to him to tap into the net he's great at
Being in the right place at the right time is an art. Takes inteligence and good timing. Can't teach that!

Grealish could have had two goals the other night against Newcastle but didn't because he hasn't got that poacher instinct.

People talk as if it's it easy but the fact that only 34 players have done it in the Premier league which started in 92/93 says it all.

432JuanMata

The Bielsa factor that was. All well and good when you are scoring goals which Leeds struggled with this season.

Blood Mage

Can't believe City let Ferran Torres go and kept Sterling. Home grown quota and all that I guess.

Sylar

Being in the right place at the right time is an art. Takes inteligence and good timing. Can't teach that!

Grealish could have had two goals the other night against Newcastle but didn't because he hasn't got that poacher instinct.

People talk as if it's it easy but the fact that only 34 players have done it in the Premier league which started in 92/93 says it all.
I think you can teach that
The way city play im actually certain pep has taught him

I agree it's not easy though. Scoring is the hardest thing to do for sure
And he's done well to add that to his game

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh come on, that is sooo sh!t to still allow him to score.

Has a striker ever looked so utterly sh!te so repeatedly with his reputation and costs?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"And Koch is in there"

I'm sorry, but that's some great commentary :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

Has a striker ever looked so utterly sh!te so repeatedly with his reputation and costs?
My question to you would be, if he has been ''so shite repeatedly'' then why is it that clubs continue to pay a big fee for him?

432JuanMata

Morata ? Lukaku’s numbers in his career for club and country will always be good but I’ve never seen a ST with so many defects that looks the total opposite of composed be so effective

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

I know that this might be me snorting copium but Torres was much worse for us than Lukaku. Also a much bigger drop from the level he showed at Atleti and Liverpool to what he displayed at Chelsea - though in fairness this was in large part down to his knee problems.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Morata ? Lukaku’s numbers in his career for club and country will always be good but I’ve never seen a ST with so many defects that looks the total opposite of composed be so effective
There just seems to be a worrying dearth of top class strikers these days.
Which is why the likes of Ronaldo, Ibra, Cavani etc are still massively sought after deep into vet status.

And why players like Lukaku that truth be told look like they can't control a ball half the time go for such mad money

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Morata hit the ground running for us - his first 6 months he was genuinely excellent. Then that winter he had a back injury and one of his best friends passed away which really exacerbated his underlying mental fragility.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know that this might be me snorting copium but Torres was much worse for us than Lukaku. Also a much bigger drop from the level he showed at Atleti and Liverpool to what he displayed at Chelsea - though in fairness this was in large part down to his knee problems.
Yep that was definitely one of the premier league's biggest drop offs in ability.
Lukaku is like 2 players in one. A fairly terrible footballer yet one with a great goal record.

432JuanMata

There just seems to be a worrying dearth of top class strikers these days.
Which is why the likes of Ronaldo, Ibra, Cavani etc are still massively sought after deep into vet status.

And why players like Lukaku that truth be told look like they can't control a ball half the time go for such mad money
I feel that is due to the game changing where most top teams will have their more lethal players at LW/RW with the ST being a more false 9.

432JuanMata

Morata hit the ground running for us - his first 6 months he was genuinely excellent. Then that winter he had a back injury and one of his best friends passed away which really exacerbated his underlying mental fragility.
Yeah but I meant the fact as he goes to all clubs for insane money yet has never really justified it

rio's upper lip

If City can knock a few more goals past this lot they basically just need 1 win out of 2 to seal another hollow title.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Off course Laporte had to get an impact injury. Our cb-partnership in the last matchday against Villa will be Grealish and Scott Carson

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Really don’t like Leeds going down when you’ve got Bournemouth and Fulham coming up. Makes for a worse league. Hopefully Forest come up and at least we’ve got rid of Fulham and Watford. One day Burnley will do one.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus fecking christ. What a disgusting tackle.

Walters_19_MuFc

If he can follow instructions sure maybe.
You make it sound so simple. Sterling has been City's top goalscorer for the last how many years? The only players who has scored 20 goals for City in the EPL since they had Aguero. If it was simple as you make it out to be, then the others would be doing the same, no?

Think it's time we start putting some respect on his name!

Jibbs

KDB is easily among the top three attacking mids to play in EPL.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
You make it sound so simple. Sterling has been City's top goalscorer for the last how many years? The only players who has scored 20 goals for City in the EPL since they had Aguero. If it was simple as you make it out to be, then the others would be doing the same, no?

Think it's time we start putting some respect on his name!
He used to be consistently good, he has ranged from okay to poor to downright terrible for a couple of seasons now.