Premier League Gameweek 37 weekend and midweek fixtures (4th - 10th May 2018)

IrishRedDevil

Surely the first time ever that 'Manager of the Month' is awarded and his team is relegated on the same day?

That'll make a good quiz question in years to come.

Bojan11

Really poor from Swansea.

Hopefully Town get a point tomorrow and that's that
Why?

Let’s make the last day interesting rather than having it settled. Plus you do realise if Chelsea draw, Liverpool and Spurs have a easy ride on the final day. I want nerves on the final day for both set of supporters.

Loublaze

ATLien
Swansea can still stay afloat right. They are favorites to win against Stoke in their last match and Huddersfield are facing Chelsea
Huddersfield just need one point to stay safe and I think they'll manage that at home against Arsenal

Wessex Saint

Supports
Southampton
Wow. What a dreadful game. I spent most of it walking outside and pestering the womenfolk in the house.

Strange thing. I thought that I hated the PL. How the top 6 was sown up and that there was little point being there to make up the numbers. But boy oh boy. The Everton game and this one, has taken a decade off my life as well as surprising me how much I still cared. I love Saints, hate the PL and the way that ALL the clubs just seem to be in a spending exercise. Anyway, we're not safe. Swansea win 4-0 against Stoke, and we lose 6-0 against City with Hudders getting some points.....

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why?

Let’s make the last day interesting rather than having it settled. Plus you do realise if Chelsea draw, Liverpool and Spurs have a easy ride on the final day. I want nerves on the final day for both set of supporters.
Huddersfield are the closest team to him geographically so he wants them to do well.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
When you don't score goals you deserve to go down, unless you have a strong defence like Burnley. Swansea and Huddersfield are clearly the worst teams in the league.

Bojan11

Huddersfield are the closest team to him geographically so he wants them to do well.
Well he should wish they get a point against Arsenal. As it’s very important Liverpool have a bit of nerves on the final day. I don’t want them to have a easy pass.

Morpheus 7

Well done Southampton, hope the saints stay up. Good club, been dismantled the last few years. That stuff about the hotel for this game was dodgy.

Member 90887

it's in every thread. it's really really embarrassing.
In every fecking conversation, you have someone moaning and bashing Jose and United. it's unbearable. i find myself in here less and less these last few weeks.

GeorgieBoy

As soon as I start feeling a bit sorry for these clubs on the brink of relegation; is when I start remembering how much they all take great pleasure seeing us do shit. feck them all.

Wessex Saint

Supports
Southampton
Well done Southampton, hope the saints stay up. Good club, been dismantled the last few years. That stuff about the hotel for this game was dodgy.
The hotel thing seems to be a silly thing that they do on the Continent.

As for being stripped. I feel that that might be down to the owner, who inherited a club, who was not interested. She nurtured her investment, loaning the club money for the infrastructure with IIRC a 5% rate. Player sales paid for the running of the club. etc etc. The owner was not interested in taking us forward. Fair does to her, she walked away with a £200m profit.

RedDevil@84

As soon as I start feeling a bit sorry for these clubs on the brink of relegation; is when I start remembering how much they all take great pleasure seeing us do shit. feck them all.
Which is why Sunderland getting relegated from Championship brought smile on my face. Feck their poznan

Brophs

The One and Only
Quite funny that Mark Hughes has now fallen out with an entire hotel.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
You support a club that has almost no chance of getting relegated anytime soon. It is really punching down laughing at clubs getting relegated(unless it is a traditional rival)

GeorgieBoy

You support a club that has almost no chance of getting relegated anytime soon. It is really punching down laughing at clubs getting relegated(unless it is a traditional rival)
Never said I laughed at them...
Just don't care if they go down.

Canagel

maybe read the post you quoted and agreed with?
I acknoldeged his point and expanded on it. Doesn't mean I believe it's 'parking the bus'? Intact what we do sometimes is just as bad as parking the bus so I agree with it because we never actually seek to kill games off. We leave the door open slightly and teams sense their opportunity. It's not parking the bus but it's just as bad if not worse.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I blame myself for bringing in Mawson and Jordon Ayew.
Losing at home to Southampton? Deserve to go down really.

montpelier

Southampton just about deserve to escape, the other 4 are worse I think.

Not sure Swansea will beat Stoke, even.

PoTMS

Hopefully Huddersfield go down. At least Swansea are useful for something - with a few wins over Arsenal and Liverpool.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Maybe Saints are overplaying it, but it looks like everything is adding up to disrupt Southampton and its certainly gamesmanship. It just seems really weird all this has happened in such a short stint.
I saw the Southampton players walking in from there bus, which I found weird at the time. If indeed Swansea were behind that (and I'm assuming they are) then it's pretty poor behaviour. Stupid too as it wouldn't destabilise Southampton but rather just give them more reason to beat Swansea. I genuinely believe the hotel thing wasn't anything insidious, but the other things are inexcusable.

Hope you guys win.
Cheers mate, wish we weren't so bad. If we do go down this season I can't say it wasn't expected, we've been treading water, and indeed going backwards for years now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why?

Because I live 5 minutes from Huddersfield s and it's an easy away day for me.

Also, it's funny living in West Yorkshire and Leeds not being the top club

Addictive

Supports
Liverpool
Huddersfield to get a point tomorrow would be absolutely perfect result for me :)

I see them getting battered against Arsenal in Wengers final game in charge.

prateik

Ooh boy. Just saw the fixtures.
Huddersfield would do very very well to get anything from their last 2 games.
Swansea are at home against a relegated Stoke. If they win, they should be safe. (assuming Huddersfield lose both)

Southampton are pretty much safe.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Huge games tonight in the top four race. If both Spurs & Chelsea win, I might start worrying a bit, but even then we've no excuse for not getting over the line this coming weekend.

Expecting a draw in the Newcastle/Spurs match, though :D

GeorgieBoy

Ederson on the bench.
De Gea odds on for Golden Gloves.
God we're turning into the Scousers...

9th May : Lineups

Sandyman

Chelsea vs Huddersfield Town

Leicester vs Arsenal

Manchester City vs Brighton

Spurs vs Newcastle

RedDevil@84

Thank God we didn't do twitter in the 90s and 2000s. Else our team sheet would have looked ridiculous

LEGEND
LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND
LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND
LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Thank God we didn't do twitter in the 90s and 2000s. Else our team sheet would have looked ridiculous

LEGEND
LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND
LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND
LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND
Did they all have their farewell games, which were otherwise meaningless, at once? You don't have to get sensitive about everything whenever City are involved.

RedDevil@84

Did they all have their farewell games, which were otherwise meaningless, at once? You don't have to get sensitive about everything whenever City are involved.
Didn't know this was supposed to be done only in farewell matches.
Not sensitive. Just laughing.

Kapardin

C'mon, Chelsea, do it for daddy -- that's us. Only hope of overtaking Liverpool is to win this.

Hope Spurs lose just for drama.