Premier League Gameweek 37 weekend and midweek fixtures (4th - 10th May 2018)

padr81

Supports
Man City
Great point and great defending Huddersfield. Feel we were really off the pace particularly Sterling, Sane and KDB. Meh not sure we'll get 100 pts now. Southampton away will be tough too.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why do their fans invade the pitch?? I understood it when the Aguero goal happened years ago, but wtf is the point today?? Muppets.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Suit us better to stop invading the pitch... clowns.

OldSchoolManc

Oh no! City only drew at home vs Huddersfield! Everyone have a melt down! No goals! Sell De Bruyne, Sack Pep!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Great point and great defending Huddersfield. Feel we were really off the pace particularly Sterling, Sane and KDB. Meh not sure we'll get 100 pts now. Southampton away will be tough too.
Standard post-league win hangover. Your squad had a few days off earlier this week didn't they?

The pitch invasions are weird.

SER19

City’s form since xmas in league

P17
W 12
D 3
L 2

39/51 Pts, still very good but much more in keeping with what I think they will achieve next season. The run at start of season was a freak occurrence that involved fantastic form, scared teams, injuries to opposition at good times and playing certain teams at certain times.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Standard post-league win hangover. Your squad had a few days off earlier this week didn't they?

The pitch invasions are weird.
I think that was ahead of the game last week, think they were in all week. Complacency I'd say, we didn't play terrible just sloppily. It also shows the difference between Kun and Jesus. Sergio would find a way today I feel, himself and KDB are the two we have who can produce from nothing and KDB was way off today.

padr81

Supports
Man City

P17
W 12
D 2
L 3

38/51 Pts, still very good but much more in keeping with what I think they will achieve next season. The run at start of season was a freak occurrence that involved fantastic form, scared teams, injuries to opposition at good times and playing certain teams at certain times.
We've only lost 2 games all season... 12w, 3d 2l?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

P17
W 12
D 2
L 3

38/51 Pts, still very good but much more in keeping with what I think they will achieve next season. The run at start of season was a freak occurrence that involved fantastic form, scared teams, injuries to opposition at good times and playing certain teams at certain times.
Playing United at OT without Pogba, such a shame...could have beat them right there and close the gap early on.

SER19

Playing United at OT without Pogba, such a shame...could have beat them right there and close the gap early on.
Was a kicker at the time as we were on a good run but we’ve proven since that we wouldn’t have won the league, we aren’t quite there

James Peril

P17
W 12
D 3
L 2

39/51 Pts, still very good but much more in keeping with what I think they will achieve next season. The run at start of season was a freak occurrence that involved fantastic form, scared teams, injuries to opposition at good times and playing certain teams at certain times.
This is as interesting as the "we were best in the calendar year of 2017" that you keep hearing from clubs that never win anything. Of course City were going to chill down when they basically won the league back in November, their stats over the last 17 games counts for very little. They have rested players many times because they could, for example when they lost to United back in April.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah other way around, will correct
Still it is more realistic form I'd say and I'd say more where we'll likely be next season. I think our points totals will be around 90-95 most seasons so seems like that kind of form. (if we beat Southampton and Brighton) it's be 45 from our 2nd half of the season.)

Kapardin

A win for Chelsea today will blow the race for top 4 wide open. Squeaky bum time as a great man once said.
Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea....

C'mon, you were the defending champions this season, ffs. Pull a win out of your collective arse.

padr81

Supports
Man City
They didn't look remotely like a team battling relegation. Performances like the one today, or against United earlier in the season, must really frustrate the manager.
Their problem is scoring goals against teams around them though. 27 goals this season is pretty poor, only Swansea have been as bad in front of goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A win for Chelsea today will blow the race for top 4 wide open. Squeaky bum time as a great man once said.
They'd still be reliant on them beating Huddersfield and Newcastle away, and then Spurs to get a max of 3 points from 2 home games to Newcastle and Leicester or Liverpool dropping points at home to Brighton (who is already safe). Very unlikely

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Does Klopp often play 3 full backs? :confused:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Their problem is scoring goals against teams around them though. 27 goals this season is pretty poor, only Swansea have been as bad in front of goal.
We haven't been a great deal better in front of goal and we're currently riding high (but not high enough!) in second place.