Premier League Gameweek 37 weekend and midweek fixtures (4th - 10th May 2018)

Oldyella

Imagine if West Brom had made this move a month earlier, West Brom would probably be safe by now. Hope this puts to bed the old managers network where they move from job to job.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Moore has to be given the job full time now. Even if they go down and he turns out useless next season I can't see how many of their fans would be against giving him a go. If he doesn't get it there'll be a lot of pissed of baggies.

Course, fans shouldn't run a team but it's not like they have tons of world class candidates lining up. Dean Smith (Brentford) and Michael Appleton are supposed to be the other likely names. There's not really much to lose by giving it Moore.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Fantastic from West Brom in last few weeks. If only they would have woken up earlier. If there is a winner in Swansea vs Southampton, West Brom will be down before start of last match day, so it is still very unlikely that they will stay up.

ti vu

Moore has to be given the job full time now. Even if they go down and he turns out useless next season I can't see how many of their fans would be against giving him a go. If he doesn't get it there'll be a lot of pissed of baggies.

Course, fans shouldn't run a team but it's not like they have tons of world calss candidates lining up. Dean Smith (Brentford) and Michael Appleton are supposed to be the other likely names.
If I am him, I would take a break citing emotional affected if they get relegated, then try to apply for PL relegation battling job next season even as caretaker. It would be better if he does well and end up with a full time PL job. Doing well fighting an uphill battle is one thing, fighting to get promotion is another especially with players move after the relegated, and you would have to fight against veteran and better funded clubs in Championship. D.Moore now has an impressive record, if he doesn't necessarily have to prove himself with a championship.

Luke1995

Not the best thing to depend on Rooney to score goals for you. I like Southampton chances here but stranger things have happened.

Anyway, not sure if West Brom staying up would be bigger than Leicester's great escape in 14/15.

gr3yham3

Fantastic from West Brom in last few weeks. If only they would have woken up earlier. If there is a winner in Swansea vs Southampton, West Brom will be down before start of last match day, so it is still very unlikely that they will stay up.
Really? I thought that if Southampton or Swansea lose all their games, and West Brom win their final game, they will stay up?

ti vu

Really? I thought that if Southampton or Swansea lose all their games, and West Brom win their final game, they will stay up?
Soton and Swansea have to play each other, so one of them would get a win if the other lose all their games in hand. And one of them getting 3 points = West Brom's relegation

Sylar

Saints play Swansea right in one of the games? So wba need a draw and then saints to lose their other games and wba to win their last game
I think ...

Chipper

Adulterer.
Saints play Swansea right in one of the games? So wba need a draw and then saints to lose their other games and wba to win their last game
I think ...
Nearly. They also need Swansea to lose at home vs Stoke on the last day.

Southampton getting 1 point out of their matches with City and Everton, plus everything else happening as above could also keep WBA up. It would depend on goal difference.

Any Swansea win (2 to play), 2 Swansea draws, any Southampton win (3 to play), 3 Southampton draws, or WBA failing to win at Palace definitely puts West Brom down.

Last edited:

D. Mungai

Mid week game is now vital. I have a feeling that Swansea and S'ton are feeling the heat now. Playing after the result is too nerve breaking for such group of players. Saw how stoke gave up after palace scored first goal. Being in the dog fight for so long it affects the mind greatly you doubt your abilities so much

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Some of the commenters have it spot on. Look at the situation they were in & look where they are now... Ridiculous to hate on Big Sam for that.

Canagel

Some of the commenters have it spot on. Look at the situation they were in & look where they are now... Ridiculous to hate on Big Sam for that.
I think they are right to protest. They spent a lot of money in the summer and the football being served up is shocking. A lot of people thought they would be even challenging for top 4. There's no reason why they can't do what Burnley have done for instance with a much tighter budget.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I think they are right to protest. They spent a lot of money in the summer and the football being served up is shocking. A lot of people thought they would be even challenging for top 4. There's no reason why they can't do what Burnley have done for instance with a much tighter budget.
They invested the money poorly & the manager did a great job turning it around. Protesting against the recruitment, the earlier parts of the season? Absolutely, I'm 100% behind that, fair play to them. But protesting against the manager? I don't agree with that.

But on the flipside, this game is fecking dead :lol:

starman

This Big Sam hate is just like that of when at Newcastle & Blackburn. After he left they were regulated, hoping for the same for Everton

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Swansea and Southampton play each other so both can't lose all remaining games. Actually, if Southampton win at Goodison then also West Brom are going down, today itself.

Kapardin

Chelsea to beat Liverpool tomorrow and it'll be an exciting final day. I still have haven't given up hope of seeing Pool finish fifth.
Chelsea absolutely need to win. Puts pressure on both Liverpool and Spurs. Would be glorious, come on Conte, you moany cnut, get the job done.

pseudo_canadian

This Big Sam hate is just like that of when at Newcastle & Blackburn. After he left they were regulated, hoping for the same for Everton
They were in free-fall under Koeman. He's come in and made them somewhat competitive again.

If they finish in the top 10 it will be a good recovery given how they started the season.

Bojan11

This is winnable for Southampton. They need to be more clinical.

Kearnkoff69

Everton is awful this year. Have to give Sam a lot of credit for stabilizing the ship, but they're still an absolute eyesore.

ti vu

Everton is awful this year. Have to give Sam a lot of credit for stabilizing the ship, but they're still an absolute eyesore.
Look at their transfer dealings, the team doesn't look like being able to play beautiful football and survive. Almost non existent pace in the team. Lack presence up top and not very good technical. Even playing football on paper is hard enough to get it going, let alone training a expansive style in real life.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Coleman has been good, but the rest :o:boring:

Nick7

Booing at half time while 0-0 in a nothing match for your team is very weird.

Kearnkoff69

Look at their transfer dealings, the team doesn't look like being able to play beautiful football and survive. Almost non existent pace in the team. Lack presence up top and not very good technical.
I don't disagree. Bizarre transfers over the last couple of seasons. It's just weird to think that a few years ago they were playing pretty slick football under Martinez, and now they've reverted to the mean.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't disagree. Bizarre transfers over the last couple of seasons. It's just weird to think that a few years ago they were playing pretty slick football under Martinez, and now they've reverted to the mean.
Think they were hoping Koeman would carry on that slick football, but his signings were awful and led to anti-football Sam coming to the rescue.