Premier League Gameweek 37 weekend and midweek fixtures (4th - 10th May 2018)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Surely Huddersfield are in danger now.
Not really. They can go below one of Southampton or Swansea (whichever wins the game between the two) but I don’t think Southampton are winning at City. The only realistic scenario for them to go down is Southampton winning the game at Swansea and then Swansea beating Stoke to close the season. And that would basically require Huddersfield to lose both their remaining games.

Enigma_87

You know who
They need to beat Crystal Palace by a couple to have a chance, and that would require Southampton and Swansea to draw their game and Swansea to lose at Stoke (pretty sure Southampton will lose at City). It’s not happening.
yeah, they are all but relegated. If only they fired Pardew quicker, but hindsight and all that..

Magus1

It was not 1 minute extra, it was a total of SEVEN minutes; Southampton were just waiting for the whistle but Moss is Mr Big Balls and has the power. Really tired of these refs screwing up and as a result the dreaded VAR is being brought in as a result. I don't care for either team except I respect Sparky but that was a game ruined by one man.

Rafaeldagold

It was not 1 minute extra, it was a total of SEVEN minutes; Southampton were just waiting for the whistle but Moss is Mr Big Balls and has the power. Really tired of these refs screwing up and as a result the dreaded VAR is being brought in as a result. I don't care for either team except I respect Sparky but that was a game ruined by one man.
Red was correct. There was an injury in injury time. Not sure why people can’t see this

Mr. Ant

Red was correct. There was an injury in injury time. Not sure why people can’t see this
The only problem I have is the consistency of the refs, numerous times we've seen refs not adding anything for time wasting and injuries in injury time and in other cases refs add too much.
They need to be more consistent in my opinion.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
yeah, they are all but relegated. If only they fired Pardew quicker, but hindsight and all that..
It feels like a year where all teams that are going down are not really the teams you would have expected to be down there before the season started but looking at how they have performed none of them can really complain about being relegated. Southampton is probably the biggest surprise but still fully deserved.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Come August, Alan Pardew will be in a better job with a bigger salary than Darren Moore. And the club that employs Pardew will deserve everything that comes its way, especially if it’s Stoke.

promisedlanchiao

Last night and west broms recent games show that no matter what, no matter how small a team is, they should attack whatever opposition with a good amount of frequency. Of course, defending in large packs is crucial as well whenever they don’t have the ball especially against a big team, but at least have a go at them and a good end result would be very likely. Look at leicester 2015-16 and bournemouth and brighton recently to have more evidence of this as well. Would make Football more entertaining and the Premier League the best league in the world again as well, just like about a decade ago when teams did just that.

kps88

Stones returns. No Brahim - so unless he plays in midweek he will miss out on the Premier League medal for games played.
Don't clubs get extra medals which they can distribute now?

kps88

They do but it would be fairly meaningless compared to getting one for playing games. Also the difference between it being listed on honours won page and not.
It would be fairly meaningless even if he got one for playing time.

Not sure who makes up the Wiki page rule but it should count either way imo. Someone might not get to the number of games required but still make a crucial contribution.

Carolina Red

Staff
Clattenberg on NBC right now talking about how time is added to the game for subs, goals, injuries.

Also... I’ve never heard someone else with his accent before in my life.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Huddersfield should have scored from that freekick.

klsv

Watching this at work. Glad they decided to show the announcement about the problems with the stadium's fire alarm only after I double checked every possible device in the building.

Asger

Is it just me or is it not strange that Pep doesn't give a few talented youngster some games??? I guess he doesn't like youth players.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is it just me or is it not strange that Pep doesn't give a few talented youngster some games??? I guess he doesn't like youth players.
Mixture of Huddersfield being in a relegation battle and Pep wanting to go for the points, goals, winning margin over second and most wins in a season records.

haram

Mixture of Huddersfield being in a relegation battle and Pep wanting to go for the points, goals, winning margin over second and most wins in a season records.
Poor excuse to not even play one youth player.

Sylar

Would be funnier if they drop points regardless

Doubt it will be mentioned much despite the narrative that pep champions youth and such...

Canagel

Why is this commentator shouting every time City get close? He desperately wants them to score. :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great point for Huddersfield.