Premier League Gameweek 4-6

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Makes that last minute winner against Newcastle even more galling. Liverpool ain't winning jack this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good half for Everton that. Got in amongst Liverpool midfield and could easily be winning.

Liverpool don't half need Jota on the field, closest they have to Mane type who'll buzz around the final third and get on the end of crosses.

Their play just dosen't look exciting anymore but they have the subs on the bench to win it.

slored1

Gomez looks superb. I know it is just Maupay and Gordon but he has been very composed, how come he doesn't play more?

mu4c_20le

Even game so far. Some of our fans would be up in arms if that were us in Goodison

Loon

:lol:
The trails BT have created for upcoming matches making almost every player without fail come over as a complete dick.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Been decent so far. You can see the quality difference between the two sides but we look much better with a player like Maupay that knows how to play as a striker. Draw at the moment is far.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
We've been generally poor all over the pitch. Salah dropping to the middle of the park to pick up the ball seems strange to me.

Gomez has been very good though.

Shark

@NotShark
Good half for Everton that. Got in amongst Liverpool midfield and could easily be winning.

Liverpool don't half need Jota on the field, closest they have to Mane type who'll buzz around the final third and get on the end of crosses.

Their play just dosen't look exciting anymore but they have the subs on the bench to win it.
Yep. Thank God he's injury prone, in the nicest possible way of course.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Been decent so far. You can see the quality difference between the two sides but we look much better with a player like Maupay that knows how to play as a striker. Draw at the moment is far.
Don't go and feck it up second half. Pickford the likely culprit to chuck one in his own net.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Without a shadow of a doubt, Liverpool are a worse team. Players declining and replacements not being the same patch is obvious.

Loon

Duncan Ferguson looks wasted. I hope he gets the arse and knocks Crouch’s tombstones down his throat.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Carvalho looks like he has to come off.

Both teams poor so far.

Gomez looks superb. I know it is just Maupay and Gordon but he has been very composed, how come he doesn't play more?
Injury prone and probably not as good as their other CB options anymore.

The season that Liverpool won the league he and VVD were the best CB partnership in world football until his injury.

We've been generally poor all over the pitch. Salah dropping to the middle of the park to pick up the ball seems strange to me.
Your right wing looks dysfunctional with Elliot in there , at times Salah is on the touchline and Elliot in the front line.

He may be decent at times but I think you would be better with a hard working decent midfielder who provides a platform for Salah and TAA to attack rather than a guy who (IMO) is worse defensively than a Henderson style player and barely adds anything going forward for long stretches of games.

Zoo

Everton are too cautious. They can beat Liverpool today.

Mike Smalling

He made a massive mistake that led to Everton's shot on the post. Very lucky not to have cost a goal.

avgp_1

Didn't see the deflection, thought he made it look harder than it was actually, right on top of him, should have put it out over the bar. But yeah the late dip makes it a tougher save

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Lampard has Iwobi playing like prime Xabi Alonso :wenger:

cyberman

TAA has developed a bad habit of just trying to ping a lazy ball across the pitch that wouldn’t do much if it reached its (unlikely) target anyway

Pronewbie

Peep

Gomez has been very good though.
I’ve a tenner on Everton losing by max 1 goal and I’m worried that Firminho will come on for Nunez. He’ll be able to link midfield and attack, something Liverpool’s missing sorely at the moment.

Loon

Without a shadow of a doubt, Liverpool are a worse team. Players declining and replacements not being the same patch is obvious.
I keep reading comments like this, praying they are correct, but have the sneaking feeling the twitchfiend will get them ticking again.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
TAA has developed a bad habit of just trying to ping a lazy ball across the pitch that wouldn’t do much if it reached its (unlikely) target anyway
Yup looks like he's sulking a bit too, I think Elliot's addition to the team has robbed him of the defensive cover thats made up for his shortcomings in that area while also taken some of his playmaking responsibility from him and for me their right side has looked absolutely terrible for the majority of their games this season.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Carvalho looks like he has to come off
I wanted him to start with Elliott but was aware that they might struggle together. Seems that is the case. Think Klopp will give him 15 mins in the second and then hook him off.

Your right wing looks dysfunctional with Elliot in there , at times Salah is on the touchline and Elliot in the front line.

He may be decent at times but I think you would be better with a hard working decent midfielder who provides a platform for Salah and TAA to attack rather than a guy who (IMO) is worse defensively than a Henderson style player and barely adds anything going forward for long stretches of games.
Elliott's been our best performer this season. Also given our reticence to enter the transfer market unless we get the absolute perfect player, we are stuck with the tools we have. Though maybe we'll see Arthur later on?

Either way, one major reason our right flank looks so poor is that Trent appears to have traded in all his ability to pass a ball for a surprisingly competent defensive performance :lol: