Premier League Gameweek 4-6

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

ThanksBoss26

Don't see a surprise package challenging for top 4 this year in the way Leicester and West Ham did at times over the past 2-3 years.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
It doesn't help that the players go down like they have been shot and the officials are still buying it. Mendy got tapped on the arm and goes down like its been snapped in two...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm not clicking on that but fair enough.

I do think they should let more go, glad they didn't today obviously!
“But we're applying a higher threshold for fouls. The players, managers and clubs know about this approach, too. They all had this info shared before the season's start and have taken to it well. “

We definitely saw it first week or so. Lots of tackles that wouldve been a weak free kick last season and refs let go.

Just a poor decision today. He must have seen the incident as presumably following the ball, so why go review it?

We need a system where ref says “what is it?”. VAR official says “Bowen kicked the goalie”. Ref says “no, I saw it real time, looked fine to me”.

cyberman

VAR was supposed to fix this shit but instead it's become worse. What the feck is going on with this league?
It’s like VAR is allowing them to go back and make a mistake that they didn’t make on the pitch. It’s not getting rid of them, it’s allowing more.
There should be a panel of 3 on VAR, majority rules.
I’m also coming around to majority rules over the ref. This idea that it has to be the ref on the pitch as if the rules aren’t meant to govern all and be consistent no matter how is in the middle never made sense to me. Be it the ref in the pitch or in the VAR room, they should all be following the same rules and interpretation.

LInkash

People talk about City's strength in depth but look at their bench

Deery

Dreary
Since when can we post pictures in the football forum? Spoiler those.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I will gladly accept all charitable points!

That headlock from Antonio on Silva should have been a yellow. So all is balanced in the universe now.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Mandy writhing around in agony until VAR overturned the goal won Chelsea the game. What a fecking fraud.
True, but we wouldn’t have even been in danger if they had given the appropriate second yellow when Antonio put Thiago in a full headlock and hip tossed as they weed running for that 50/50. You can play this game all day with refereeing.

Soft or not, missing the ball and kicking the goalie IS a foul.

Mendy has been embarrassing though… we did get very lucky.